Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Rejected Dye does not raise it skill

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by OMalakas, Jan 8, 2020.

1. OMalakas

OMalakas Goblin Scout

I have made 5 basic colors.
    And while he tells me he has succeeded, the skill doesn't go up, Remains at 1

2. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. OMalakas

OMalakas Goblin Scout

How does it work?
    any instructions? any video?

4. Ryco Stormeye

Ryco Stormeye Skeleton Archer

The notes explain it pretty well.

The research system is a new supplement leveling system that can be used to level crafting skills, limited to dyes at the moment but will be expanded to include all crafting skills. It works by creating a blank schematic with scribing and then using (by double-clicking) the schematic and selecting a piece of dyed armor. This will create a schematic that uses the various stats such as durability, rank, etc to decide the stats of the schematic. You then use the schematic in the Research tab and queue it to start researching, which will level your skill. The item is removed through this process and will level the respective skill

So create a bank schematic in crafting
    Use it on a piece of dyed armor (durability, rank matter for how good the schematic will be)
    Use schematic in the research tab of the paperdoll window to start it
    This levels your skill over time

5. rikilii

rikilii Celestial

I haven't noticed a big difference between using full plate vs infernal - definitely not worth the extra cost for infernal. There is a pretty big difference between FP and bone though.

0-25 using bone and vendor-bought dyes is probably most cost/time effective, but 25-50 using dyes that can only be made with farmed pigments and premium dye base is better to use FP.

6. Jack_Bauer

Jack_Bauer Gravelord
    Wealthy Legend

its based on dura. Bone is 65 and fp is 112 tahts why there is such a small bump using infernal i think its only like 140 dura

7. rikilii

rikilii Celestial