Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Dyes cost, a new way for gold sinks?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blaze, May 14, 2019.

1. Blaze

Blaze Chosen of Khamset

So they plan to put in dyes with the next patch. People seem to have been asking for another gold sink.
    I think dyes can be a great place for gold sinks, who wouldn't want to spend a little extra on a gear set to have a cool appearance that you enjoy and like in color scheme?
    It's also not a mandatory gold sink, but for those who like to have a little fashion its a good place to start for gold sinks. Hoping the dye process to make the dye or put it onto the armors cost decent amount of gold. Thoughts?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

Common dyes- low end mobs/vendor(decent price)

Uncommon dyes- medium mobs/vendor(expensive)

Rare dyes- high end mobs(dragon, kraken, devils, etc.)/nithron store

Premium dyes- demon, champions.

Something if this nature would be nice, variety of getting players out of cities, giving BPG money, and gold sinks. 3 birds one stone.

Wizzy, Rimamok and Blaze like this.
  3. DeadlyHit

DeadlyHit Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

I recall Bound saying some of the better dyes will be on cash store, fingers crossed at least 95% of them are spread out across mobs

4. Blaze

Blaze Chosen of Khamset

Nah I would be fine with 60/40 ratio :)

5. Methodico

Methodico Wildtribe Mage

I think that dyes are a bad Gold sinks, we Need It for sieges where Is difficult to understand who are enemies. I dont want to farm for a color like enchanting, make a bag It Is already boring. Please,please, we dont need to grind for aesthetic things in a full loot game.

6. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Aventurine was talking about adding guild tabards and REMOVING floating clan/alliance/ party icons over people's heads over a decade ago.

Fun fact in DF1 beta there were NO floating icons and fights were WAY more fun, chaotic, and had a higher skill ceiling because of it

It gave clans who ONLY played 1 race a tactical advantage and groups who found ways to distinguish each other through wearing specific helms or whatever an edge

@kilrain we ever going to see anything like this in RoA?

MikerotchBAGFACE likes this.
  7. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

they def gonna UW the shit out of dyes haha. I begged for it not to happen early on but figured it would be a thing, even though it was fucking horrible in UW and will be horrible in ROA
    --- Post updated ---
    was like that past launch. Launch had no markers of any kind it was absolute chaos.

8. KoKane

KoKane Infernal

How can it possibly be worse than everyone looking exactly the same for the past 10 years?

9. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

does not mean it wont still be shit. Can polish a turd but at end of the day it is still a turd.
    Uw system was just bad design

10. Methodico

Methodico Wildtribe Mage

I dont like floating icons too, but during a siege i have to distinguish Friends from enemies by clothes not by name on their heads, this Is a very shit thing from df1, for me It Is a bug not a skill ceiling. They have to change It fast!

11. Little Lamp

Little Lamp Goblin Scout

what if theres a cool legendary dye that makes your whole hellraiser purple and soulbound so you never lose it, but if you die it deletes the rest of your bank

Kol Taggar likes this.