Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

dying/tabards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dixie Normus, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

Is this something you are thinking of implementing?

I disliked the dye system from unholy wars or rather I disliked having to farm shit mobs to get certain colors, but i guess it got people out and about.

I would prefer maybe one of those "specializations" you guys refer to for a crafter to be able to make colored/tabarded armor.

what are your thoughts on this (I would place it very low priority unless its something easy to code)

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Hugo

Hugo Gravelord

We have definitely discussed/mentioned the possibility.

Tabards, cloaks or over armour clothing is particularly useful in games to visually set players apart from one another and offer clans opportunities to distinguish themselves. Loved the feature in any game I've found it.

This largely depends on the code itself as to if or when this could become a possibility.

3. noname777

noname777 Goblin Warlord

functionally i think this would be annoying. YOu wouldnt be able to trust those in friendly colors because it could be a trick. The allying system is better imo

4. Rawr

Rawr Chosen of Khamset

Cloaks....

SUPER MERCHANT AWAY!

5. Dixie Normus

Legend

thats kinda the point you could infiltrate a seige force wearing the looted colors and maybe get away with it for a bit.

this was asked for in darkfall for the longest time.

6. Johnnybig

Johnnybig Goblin Warlord
    Legend

See this isnt a terrible idea have clan tabards for easy identification during sieges and only clan members could have them of course

7. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin
    Staff Member BPG Representative

I personally love the idea of custom cloaks, giving people tons of presets to use and an option to upload their own (we would review before we allow it) so you can have custom capes. You could set up capes to identify certain officers and a regular clan cape.

It's definitely a great sandbox feature that will be looked at in the future once other core features get fleshed out.

8. Synna

Synna Black Knight
    Loyal Patron Legend

Finally could wear a penis on my back

9. Owyn Magnus

Owyn Magnus Varangian Warthane

I think the dye system from UW was good. Could use some tweaks, sure, but having dyes drop off of undesirable mobs was a good feature. Gave more reason to farm mobs that were not normally farmed.

I personally would like this kept to cloaks/tabards, and not to gear. But that is just me. You can't have green infernal, for example. Again, just my opinion.

Maybe have the ability to create giant flags/tabards for your holdings, and need a lot of dye for em. Would look badass.

As for infiltration, please god YES. Let me equip my spies in the colors of my enemies. Sure, they could get killed by friendly siege forces, but think of the sand!

You not only have to try to infiltrate an enemies siege force, but prevent infiltration of your own. Is that group of guys on eradans hurrying towards you friendly? They sure do have the colors to be friendly...but...

10. Dixie Normus

Legend

exactly!

11. Dixie Normus

Legend

so glad to hear this.

i love sand in my vag...(cough)...box.