Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

EAC can detect AHK

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by Madmatt, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Madmatt

Madmatt Deadeye
    Hero

While I am not the biggest fan of EAC they have done some cool things for other games. I play rust on the regular and a while back the developed away to detect and ban for using AHK as it was used for dubious things and not just mundane QOL stuff.

I personally think BPG did a great job eliminating the "NEED" for AHK by building the new interface and hotbar stuff. That said I think AHK's role in DF has also become "dubious" (I'm looking at you mount scripters). Once you have the mount leans squared away I think BPG should consider not allowing AHK. Bans would not have to be the punishment, maybe EAC could just close a client if it trys running in tandem with AHK.

I imagine many will hate this but most dont understand the depth of what you can do with AHK and those who do generally dont do "good"things with it.

Slave Labor, BeatIt and mrW like this.
  2. mrW

mrW Black Knight
    Legend

I agree, let's all play using same utilities that game offers.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Tuloth

Tuloth Infernal
    Hero

I will be using AHK until they allow me to bind Mouse Scroll Wheel

Ledwulf likes this.
  4. mrW

mrW Black Knight
    Legend

While you can't bind it directly, the engine supports it and you should be able to accomplish it by editing bindings XML file directly.

MisterTea likes this.
  5. Tuloth

Tuloth Infernal
    Hero

I had a forum thread for this bookmarked once upon a time, but I believe the thread has since been deleted. This makes me sad. If it's already possible in XML it should be easy to just put it in the game. No one actually wants to zoom in more than is required anyway.

6. KoKane

KoKane Celestial

Mousewheel binding worked for me by simply rolling the mousewheel like crazy, when it says "Please Assign Hotkey". It eventually registered it.

7. Tuloth

Tuloth Infernal
    Hero

Iirc doesn't that just bind the wheel in general, and not specifically up and down?

KoKane likes this.
  8. KoKane

KoKane Celestial

Well it worked for me, up and down seperately worked, I use it for scrolling hotbar back and forth

9. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

even without all the QOL changes, AHK should have NEVER been allowed. in ANY other game the use of tools like AHK is an instant 100% guaranteed permanent ban on first offense if reported and found guilty. no warnings, no discussion, nothing. and rightfully so as it is essentially cheating. no1 in his right mind can possibly deny that. you gain an advantage through a 3rd party program over anyone that doesnt use it. on top of that it also creates a barrier cos even tho AHK is pretty damn easy there is still a TON of ppl that have so little tech knowledge that they cant tell the difference between a dishwasher and a microwave. you shouldnt force those ppl to learn scripting just so they can compete in a game that should ban ppl for using those kinda tools in the first place.

btw if you really know what your doing you dont even touch AHK cos its garbage. you would use AutoIt then.

Madmatt likes this.
  10. Cagori Rei

Cagori Rei Wildtribe Mage
    Legend

mmh i use it for 2 scripts, small things...
    but i see people dislike ahk, but advocate editing xml files directly ? i don't see everyone capable of editing game files to "even out the playing field"
    you can have the best ahk script in the world ... you'll still lose a fight if you can't fight (i know :p )

11. Not_Primetime

Not_Primetime Winterbound
    Wealthy Legend

12. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Stormgraive
    Contributor

Editing "settings" files vs writing scripts. Hmm i wonder which one is more "even". Yes it should be in the settings, but I'm sure there's a good reason why it hasn't happened yet.

13. Franchise

Franchise Fire Elemental
    Supporter

There are working aim lock script's with ahk in darkfall so as long as ahk is allowed. You will have cheaters.