Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Easy quick raw gold?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aparks, Nov 5, 2019.

1. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Anyone have a holding and spot I can farm at? Need to make some more house tax money. I have couple days off after a long time in a while becoming a cop and doing all my training.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Yomi Scythetalon and Mea Kulpa like this.
  2. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

"easy quick raw gold" doesnt exist aparks.

The best way to farm gold is not to farm gold at all btw. You're suppose to farm mats, and sell it on the AH to other people who farm..... mats? How does it work exactly? Where does the gold come from? No one knows.

PS: Game needs more gold sinks btw.

3. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Varangian Warthane
    Team B Lifetime

Hobgoblins are easy and give pretty good gold, there is also a lot of spawns.

Sero likes this.
  4. Volfen

Volfen Celestial
    Loyal Legend

I think it comes from people capping villages with 10 alts.

5. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Game needs more gold sinks btw.

6. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Celestial

menhir sentinels, theyril golem sell ore, demon queens sell sac, raw gold? maybe black lords, menhir, ravens, cairn giants, thainlords, see my pve vids. youtube: quiet noobz

7. Geezy

Geezy Undead Dwarf
    Loyal Supporter

Holy shit the salt is real. Should probably ignore people that don't actually play the game though.

For 'raw' gold, minotaur brutes/shamans/heroes are probably the go to, for reasonable mobs that are soloable. Not to mention that they drop Q4 horn as well. Vilegaunts drop ~800 gold per plus 0-2 Q5 bile. Shadow knights drop ~900 gold, fp pieces, and Q4 taint. Cairn giants drop about 1k per as well.

The most efficient way is to probably find an in demand Q3/Q4 mat that drops at a reasonable rate. Just doing a cursory glance at the market, Q4 horn/claw/taint/lifeforce all have ~750 gold buy orders... so, again, minotaur mobs are probably your best bet.

Mea Kulpa likes this.
  8. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

That doesn't leave much option for people to listen too... [​IMG]

Out of curiosity how much do you think the GPH is on these mobs.

#8 Sero, Nov 6, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    CaptainAmerica and Inkarnation like this.
  9. Geezy

Geezy Undead Dwarf
    Loyal Supporter

I mean it'd be better to listen to no one, before listening to someone who is blatantly falsely misleading you.

Let's see... say, lowballing here, 1 mino a minute, or 60 per hour. And once again lowballing and saying 1 horn per minotaur... GPH would be in the ballpark of 30k + 45k= 75k/h

Edit: Since I don't like to guesstimate when I can actually go out and test, I went and killed some minos outside of Vakrah. I killed 4 brutes, 1 shaman, 5 heroes in about ~12 minutes in a robe. They dropped 6.1k, and 13 horn (along with other stuff that can be sold for a little more gold, [small maps/keys] but we'll disregard that so we don't muddy up the numbers too much). If you did that for an entire hour, you would get around
    ~30k raw gold + ~55 horn (with a buy order up at 750g per, so 41,250) = 71,250gp/h, if your goal is straight gold. Not too bad imo.

Things of note:

1. This was done in a robe with a low transmute fire dagger/fire bows, and a blank blackbolt. Gp/h could be significantly increased with better gear; this is pretty much the lowest output.

2. Solo farming is almost always inferior to duo farming, due to haste/ironskin/backshots. Again, something that could increase the Gp/h, depending on the mobspawn.

3. The price of minotaur horn will obviously fluctuate up and down, but at the moment I did this test, you can sell them instantly for 750g per. We can argue semantics over 'raw gold' if you want, but the fact is that you can instantly convert those horn to gold (if gold is your goal).

4. Minotaur Kings are kinda trash atm, and will be until there is a use for the new leather items. They drop no gold, the one I killed dropped no horn (maybe just bad luck), and 5 of the royal rawhide.

aparks likes this.
  10. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

How... IRONIC

30k Raw gold. Thanks.

Only about 13 hours of farming minotaurs for 1 siege wager cost. I'm rushing back. Need more gold sinks btw.

CaptainAmerica likes this.
  11. Geezy

Geezy Undead Dwarf
    Loyal Supporter

You just want your 'gotcha' moment so bad you can't help but be dumb, can you?

3. The price of minotaur horn will obviously fluctuate up and down, but at the moment I did this test, you can sell them instantly for 750g per. We can argue semantics over 'raw gold' if you want, but the fact is that you can instantly convert those horn to gold (if gold is your goal).

12. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Idk bud. The population is pretty much the 'gotcha' moment.

So is the fact that people who hoard wealth, don't do fuck all in game but farm unhindered say the game needs gold sinks because the last 20 people are absurdly wealthy for exploiting a low population.

CaptainAmerica likes this.
  13. Geezy

Geezy Undead Dwarf
    Loyal Supporter

I'm trying to find where I said the game needs gold sinks. Imo, the changes made to the mobs that drop the new leather/new cotton items should be reverted until the armor that you can craft from those items are actually in the game. Both so that those mobs can go back to being decent (I'm looking at YOU Eodrins/Mino Kings), and so that guys like me can't straight up hoard tons of these mats (a little late at this point).

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  14. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Hang on bud. let's not get ahead of ourselves. I had to fact check you real quick.

upload_2019-11-6_17-7-36.png

Yup.
    That's right. You couldn't even sell the amount of horn you farmed in an hour on the AH. Hilarious. It's easy to spot bullshit because you got guys sitting here talking about how much gold is in game, how easy it is to get, but then they tell you to go farm mats for gold to sell to other people who farm... mats... for gold?

How can they buy the amount of mats you farm in an hour if their value is higher than the raw gold ANYONE is farming in an hour? Why are they buying mats again if they are farming the mats?

Why are they buying ANYTHING at all when their banks are stacked to shit? If only there was some way to reduce GEAR in the game... some type of.... PVP interaction.... hmmmm....

Work with me here, let's try and theorycraft. Perhaps a group outing... a fight over an objective.... Some type of game content that promotes PVP, gear exchanging hands, and gear durability loss... Something to get players out into the world... Hmm....

15. Geezy

Geezy Undead Dwarf
    Loyal Supporter

Holy fuck, you GOT ME. Because no one will EVER put up another buy order for Q4 horn. After that order is filled, it's over FOREVER. You've just got to be trolling at this point.

16. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Oh yea for sure. It's going to be filled ASAP. People need TONS of minotaur horn. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

For all the MAT farming they're doing. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Quick bud, go put up a buy order for 200 minotaur horn that you don't need because you're sitting on millions of gold you accumlated over the course of doing nothing but hiding in calf.

INB4 You don't lose gear/dura if you no show.

#16 Sero, Nov 6, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  17. Geezy

Geezy Undead Dwarf
    Loyal Supporter

Q4 horn is arguably one of the more used mats. Right up there with Cinder. As long as people make bags, there will be a market for Q4 horn.

It's actually relatively easy to farm. But some folks would rather use the market. They either don't have the time to farm, or simply don't want to. There will always be movement of high level mats in the market, until the game actually dies (not when the discord brain trust SAYS it is dead)

Anyway, we'e given Parks a few different options for farming in this game if he wants gold. As long as he doesn't need to siege 47 holdings, I think he'll be ok ;)

18. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

People are sitting on millions of gold but still need to make bags???? How do they have millions of gold but not have mats for bags if every gold farming method nets you more raw mats than gold?

Well where the hell are they getting the gold from? Can you teach me how to sit ontop of Calfardar?
    No one needs to siege 47 holdings [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

19. Sintan

Sintan Black Knight
    Affluent Legend

No one is going to adress the fact that he said he's becoming a fucking cop? I'm frightened for his community.

20. Funky zeit

Funky zeit Winterbound
    Tester

oof. That's usually the type, though.