Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Elegant Buff to Houses

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by Billy Lee, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Winterbound

I would like to build a house but having to pay taxes so frequently is really unenjoyable. It would be so much better if you paid monthly taxes instead of every three days. A lot of us have lost our houses because we took a break from the game and it's quite a heavy loss.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Methodico

Methodico Gravelord

Yeah house taxes are so tedious!!! Infact most of them are vacant.

Billy Lee likes this.
  3. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Winterbound

I always hated having to pay and I was constantly worried I'd forget to pay for a while so I wound up paying porting out to see the taxes was not due yet, and almost always paying sooner rather than later. It gets exhausting after a while and it's especially awkward if you're traveling irl and can't take a break from the game without losing your house.

Methodico and Blaze like this.
  4. Methodico

Methodico Gravelord

True story!

Billy Lee likes this.
  5. KoKane

KoKane Winterbound

Maybe a system where we can choose, but at a slight cost alteration?

I dont see how anyone can ever lose a house if the payments are monthly. Doesn't seem fair if people can keep houses and quit the game while others playing might want them.

If payments were to ever be monthly, I'd like to see a big increase on the cost, and if the payment isnt made on payday, give like an emergency 8 hour window to pay it and then its gone.

6. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Winterbound

In the expansion everyone will be able to have a house and place it in locations of their choosing. Currently, 95%+ of house spots are vacant.

7. DeadlyHit

DeadlyHit Spellgazer
    Legend

Erm dont you have to pay like every 2 weeks? and a seriously small amount how is that even part of the issue?

8. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Winterbound

Taxes begin three days after paying and there is no way to tell what you owe without visiting your house. If you were to instead pay for an entire month then it would be easier to keep track of and less of a burden, plus, even though it's two weeks you can't really screw around too much or you could lose your house, especially if you simply forget. Losing your house to taxes should not happen easily and owning a house should be a luxury, not a burden.

9. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Obsidian Golem
    Hero

I like this. The single one reason I don't have a house is because of this. The games glacial development pace and inability of the dev team to keep any kind of focus means I end up taking frequent long breaks while I wait for content or bad changes to be reverted.

Fengor and onslaught like this.
  10. The Red King

The Red King Varangian Warthane
    Loyal Legend

That's not true, as soon as you owe taxes you actually get a system message and an on screen message stating how much you owe every hour until you pay them.

With that said, We need a longer time. I go on vacation for 2 weeks and have to give my account to someone to pay my houses otherwise I would lose them.

Billy Lee likes this.
  11. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Winterbound

I forgot about that, although I will say that it isn't the most practical solution. I've been back playing for a month or so but haven't acquired a house due to the aforementioned issue.

12. Slayven

Slayven Obsidian Golem
    Legend