Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Embers of War expansion Wipe

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Train of Pain, Nov 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Red King

The Red King Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

I would quit, cause at anytime they could just say we are going to wipe again. There are way better ways at fixing the game then wiping. Thats my opinion... if they do i am out. Soon as they mentioned wipe df died. Soon as they did a soft wipe in UW game died even harder. Nothing new here. Name one game where a wipe in an MMO has fixed the game.

2. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Quit bringing up wipes. it's a shitty idea.

Sameog, Oresmacker, Fengor and 3 others like this.
  3. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

On second thought, maybe no wipe. Seems like trying to sweep a problem under the rug.

Let's ask why people think we need a wipe, and fix that issue.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Grimtide and Andrew like this.
  4. rats

rats Goblin Warrior

A wipe is a terrible idea and i would absolutely quit if my bank was wiped.

5. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem
    Staff Member BPG Representative

This is our thoughts. A wipe is an easy solution but in our opinion not the best one and why we are against wipes in the post launch of the game.

Ensuring that new players can join and continue to join 1, 2, 5 years post launch in a persistent game economy is the million dollar question. Inflation needs to be kept in check, faucets and sinks to ensure a thriving economy and not too much of a gear/char gap for new players to be able to overcome.

Much of this we are planning through the need for clans to keep adding members and encouraging clans to grow to achieve bigger success. Making it valuable to have players of all types not just elite PvP types. PvE and Empire builders, political leaders and content makers are all a piece of this. Getting people into the social and conquest elements as fast as possible to build connections while also ensuring enough solo friendly content to give alternative things to do.

Sameog, Not_Primetime, Kantor and 2 others like this.
  6. Train of Pain

Train of Pain Infernal
    Legend Streamer Contributor

Just logged into the game after 11 months with no duels and got invited to attend a siege so I took what I had on.

Unfortunately for you wearing Dragon I do not even know who you are so hard for me to confirm these claims.

#26 Train of Pain, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  7. Darktide

Darktide Air Elemental

If you do wipe you can't let people know it's coming.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  8. Train of Pain

Train of Pain Infernal
    Legend Streamer Contributor

As much as I hated this in Albion it was one of the best features to keep the Crafters in business.

If they were to implement this in Darkfall I would prefer to see something special like the Damage of a Greatsword gets slightly lower the lower the durability (sharpness of the blade becomes dull, etc) Same with armor protections. That way people are not constantly running around in 5 dura shit, gives crafters new life and when you kill someone you might get 1/2 their armor instead of a full set.

I would also like to see something along the lines of "repairing" at reduced crafting costs that perminently reduces the max durability of an item (use Escape from Tarkov's repair system for an example)

The Red King likes this.
  9. rats

rats Goblin Warrior

This is exactly what i want to hear since i play for pve and crafting. I know this a pvp game but thats not why i play darkfall

10. Porch

Porch Goblin Scout

Prioritize attracting and keeping gaming clans and not individuals.

The Red King, DeadlyHit and Sero like this.
  11. MWTaylor

MWTaylor Community Manager
    Staff Member BPG Representative Game Designer

Good to see you around Porch!

The Territory Control v1.0 mechanics will be the start of that, with even more systems and mechanics coming with the Embers of War expansion.

Porch likes this.
  12. TryHard

TryHard Varangian Warthane
    Legend

When does the game go F2P? Will this "expansion" cost money or be free?

13. DeadlyHit

DeadlyHit Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

WIPE IT DOWN

14. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

15. Auron

Auron Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

Wipe work in darkfall one ( maybe ) when we need 2 years for max one character and for have a decent banc....now you can do that in some weeks or days....roa didnt need a wipe but more publicity ...

16. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

/facepalm EvE got their economy sinks and faucets (among other things such as item and character progression) correct from the start, unlike RoA

Half you people against the wipe don't even understand the main REASON behind it's request, let alone all the fringe benefits one would bring (in addition to finally fixing fundamental flaws)

It benefits existing players with stacked banks just as much if not more as New/ Returning People

Your stacked bank means nothing if you DON'T HAVE ENOUGH PEOPLE TO PLAY WITH

Also you have no progression left which in and of itself is a problem for MMORPGs

Some of you just aren't MMORPG players and that's why I keep asking BPG WHAT TYPE OF GAME IS ROA TRYING TO BE?

If the plan is to move away from what Darkfall 1 was sold/marketed as and towards an FPS/Battle Royale/ Arena/ Planetside 2 log in and PvP for the sake of PvP that's fine just tell me now and I'll fuck off

I came here for a Sandbox MMORPG with superior non tab target combat

That means long term Item/ character progression where risking better items that take a long time/effort to get actually makes you powerful enough to serve as a meaningful reward in both PvP and PvE, a thriving player based market/economy with minimal inflation and gold having real value, a 2,000+ concurrent population (which means areas and things for NON quality PvPers to do because there simply are NOT enough Arrow Experts or Battle Smurfs to fully populate Agon), Cooperative PvE where you HAVE to wear good gear to even have a chance to kill the best loot dropping monsters (of which there should only be a couple) and where DYING In high tier PvE has an actual consequence/risk

Some of you are happy with just logging in and banging yet you say "we have NOTHING WORTH FIGHTING OVER"...

Well no fucking shit Sherlock! That's why I want a wipe and high end resource faucets to simultaneously be both much reduced, limited to only a few areas that must be fought over, AND be useable to create gear that gives enough of an ADVANTAGE that it's worth farming and using in daily PvP that you feel the NEED to go out and fight over control of said spawns.

Included in this is a way to cycle out gear faster through going the EvE route with death both PvP and PvE wise (I have gone over this repeatedly)

You people are literally economically retarded; You made good gear too easy to get (and kept it a zero sum game) while simultaneously reducing gear power gaps between ranks so people in trash are a legitimate threat to people in infernal and allow top tier mobs to be killed in an unenchanted blackbolt/ bonesets, AND you removed character progression which traditionally is very useful as a tool to make certain spawns worth fighting over ...

Then you bitch about having nothing worth fighting over!

[​IMG]

racethemoon, Syphilis and Hane like this.
  17. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

Wipes are Always the same, it brings back some at the start. Then right back to sqaure one after a month or two.
    We are still waiting for you to log in. and if you have been whats your name?
    I think the community is pretty done with people asking for wipes/changes when they don't even play the game.

Wipe and I'm done.

18. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

That's the point dumbass we aren't GOING to log in if BPG don't fix the fundamental problems

I saw this shit coming (and warned about it) years ago.

Why would I waste my time on something I knew from experience to be doomed due a flawed foundation?

The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting a different result.

MaxiHori likes this.
  19. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Someone should actually ban this cock-pit dwelling troll.

20. MWTaylor

MWTaylor Community Manager
    Staff Member BPG Representative Game Designer

The game will go free to play when we release the Embers of War expansion which will not cost you anything.

Slayven, Oresmacker and JEDIMind like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.