Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Embers of War expansion Wipe

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Train of Pain, Nov 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

MY POINT IS YOU NEVER HAVE TO BEGIN WITH GTFO OR BUY A SUB KID

2. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Yes, banning people who disagree with you on how to fix Darkfall and calling them trolls is exactly how RoA is going to increase population.

The 100 of you still actively playing aren't wrong, it's the millions of MMORPG players including 100,000+ previous DF players who are

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

ain't gonna be no wipe

continuing to ask for it is just toxic

4. Fengor

Fengor Obsidian Golem

Are you planning to extend the free period?

Slayven and Oresmacker like this.
  5. Porch

Porch Goblin Scout

Fuck Tom Brady

Grimtide likes this.
  6. Oresmacker

Supporter

I highly recommend this BPG. There has been some good action lately. give people time to get the darkfall feels again.

Fengor likes this.
  7. Khazgol

Khazgol Deadeye
    Hero

Hope they do. Played for the first time in quite a while today, and actually had fun. Discovered some nice changes here and there. Would definitely be good to have a bit more time to discover some more.

rats and Fengor like this.
  8. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

We extended already it's going until November 12th.

9. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Buy a Game Time Token off the market. 30 days for 80kish in game gold.

10. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Infernal
    Supporter

11. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

I'd love a sesaonal wipe of city/dynamic asset placements, but that would require an economic overhaul.

In short: Too much work to be a topic atm.

rats likes this.
  12. nightblighter

nightblighter Akathar
    Patron

You simultaneously believe that
    (1) only 100ish people are playing
    (2) those players, or a hardcore subset of them, have a stranglehold on the economy due to inflation of stuff such that only apocalypse can correct for it
    (3) this game needs to be able to hit 2000 concurrent users to be worth playing.

But (3) makes (1)+(2) irrelevant for any realistic quantities of stuff, so what is your wipe obsession?
    --- Post updated ---
    Seasonal ideas are cool. I'm interested in trying Crowfall out when it is closer to finished and they have a seasons system. Albion online resets territories once a month and 400+ people tune into twitch to watch zergs of just as many people duke it out to recapture those territories. But as Sero said Darkfall isnt set up for that and it would be more work to set up than anyone just sitting around thinking about it is going to realize.

Maybe if they go thru a bunch of these big patches/expansions and don't find success it will be worth revisiting but right now I don't see all hope lost for a permanent server.

13. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

There's not stranglehold on the economy, there's just no driving force behind gold right. Sieges are 1, but they aren't sought after except for fights. We just took out a gold sink (shards/runes shouldnt be on vendors anyways), so we definitely need to add another VALUABLE sink.

Hoping the new TCS buildings require fucktons of gold.

For some reason new/returning players get the idea that they will be shit on 24/7. Semi-true, but it's not unreasonable for them to join an existing clan to have access to spawns/protection.

Plus there's tons of shit to farm that the current population doesn't have on lockdown.

nightblighter likes this.
  14. Hane

Hane Skeleton Archer
    Legend

Why wipe and relaunch?

A lot of people are turned off by jumping into an MMORPG that has already been live for years. They know that they're going to have to play significant catch up in order to be competitive. It's a huge turn off for the casual player, for the sheep. The only new player that RoA will possibly bring in at this point is a competitive dedicated niche type player, but even they are standoffish about having to play catch up, especially in a game like RoA. RoA is completely unique from everything else that is out there, the gameplay is intimidating to your average gamer from the get go. The thought of being thrown into this massive world and instantly having to compete against players that not only have more game knowledge than you do, but also have significantly stronger gear and characters is far too daunting.

When you do a relaunch you remove the above, except for the knowledge that todays players have about the game that a new player would not.
    Aside from that knowledge it's a fresh start.

It's a fresh start to:
    -A Community.
    -Claiming and building your initial cities/hamlets. The land rush is a unique thrill. Currently a new player will never get to experience the thrill of claiming fresh land, and working with their clan to build a city from scratch.
    -Claiming your Houses. Currently a new player has next to no chance of claiming a house.
    -Character Progression.
    -Competing over those lower level spawns and resources that may as well not exist in todays game.

But most importantly it would be a fresh start to:

-An RoA with content. A Darkfall that finally has a chance to be released in a 'finished' state.

I'm a long time Darkfall fan. All the way from Darkfall Online Beta/Live, to Darkfall Unholy Wars Beta/Live, to RoA Beta/Live. I quit one month into RoA live because my character was finished and the population had already plummeted. With the gear and character progression grind being removed there was no content, no reason to play, nothing worth fighting over. Everyone was so hyped for RoA, the population was solid for the first few weeks, and then like that, it was a ghost town. MMORPG's are supposed to have a somewhat lengthy character progression.

Not once has any iteration of Darkfall been released as a "finished" product. It has never had a real chance to succeed.

Darkfall Online EU Launch - The grind was ridiculous. So over the top ridiculous. Casual players quit by the thousands.
    Darkfall NA Launch - This was the most successful launch, the character/gear grind was in a perfect spot. The population was healthy for over a year, but AV added almost no content, no bug fixes etc.
    Darkfall Unholy Wars Launch - Terrible combat. Riddled with bugs, and next to no content.
    Darkfall RoA Launch - Almost no character grind. Almost no gear grind. No content.

Give us the game that this niche community has been waiting for since Razorwax announced its development seventeen years ago.

Finish this expansion. Finish your game. Advertise. Wipe/Relaunch.

15. smoody

smoody Dire Zombie

Need a wipe once this game actually gets some content and reasons to login, feels like its in beta still.

also if it isn't f2p till this "expansion" comes out the game will go back to 20 actives once the f2p is over, literally only reason I and a lot of others have logged in a few times recently.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  16. Oresmacker

Supporter

I’m so sorry to burst everyone’s bubble but actually wiping vets/competent players banks is going to do nothing but put the wolves back where the sheep are. At this moment they are able to farm pretty good spots without running into people like Arrow, Sqaunto, Etc, etc..

Ok say they did do a complete wipe. (They won’t) I’m going to farm the sele golem, and Q3 mats. I will be running around for the next 3-4 month chopping off anyone’s head that try’s to contest my farming. It won’t be just me doing that. It will be clans of vets starting their banks over. And just like this launch noobs are going to die and they are going to quit because the competition at the good/decent spawns is too high. And all the vets/competent players will be right where we are now. Big banks and fighting each other over the bigger stuff after we ran off all of the sheep.

Why would you want to put us vets neck to neck with new players again? Doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me. Maybe I just have a different outlook than you do but I don’t want to kill new players over contesting a naled spawn.

17. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

- TCS will be something new for everyone, but I agree, a holding wipe feels necessary.

- False, theres so many god damn houses available its stupid, also, they're making housing dynamic
    - Is HEAVILY frontloaded. You're viable in 2 days hardcore to a week casual. It's so stupidly non-existent atm I think their should be more.
    - You don't want vets fighting noobs over noob spawns.

18. MerleisAirdburne

MerleisAirdburne Black Knight
    Supporter

That bag was worth like 15K gold, and you say your loaded AF....

19. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Sexy Cosmetics you can buy from a vendor that are blessed. Shit you know I would grind a mil for a blessed broom.

The Red King and Sero like this.
  20. Johhny Mad Dog

Johhny Mad Dog Celestial

You don't play. You are just an annoying narcissistic forum dweller sprewing nothing but negativity. So banning you wouldn't decrease the pop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.