Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Enchanting Combines

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Sero, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Sero

Sero Evil Eye
    Loyal Legend

This new alchemy addition was widely sought by the community.

The problem were seeing at the moment is the gold cost on combines makes the skill worthless. You Need 3120 to make 1 Q5 mat. That alone is insane. Removing the gold cost or reducing it significantly could see some appreciation and more use of the alchemy trade.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Darktide

Darktide Stormgraive

I agree I've never used this crap because of gold cost

REMOVE GOLD COST plz

3. Volfen

Volfen Infernal
    Loyal Legend

Has some very niche uses right now (like combining q2 darktaint into ghostly for arcane rings), but overall I agree it needs a buff.

4. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Celestial
    Lifetime

Obviously, this is a precarious balancing act but I have felt for quite a while that the cost is often too high. Regardless, I do think that all enchanting materials should be useful for something and Q1 rarely ever gets used, so that is a problem. It would be nice if there was something in the game that allowed you to take advantage of excessive enchanting materials. As an example, an npc that offers items in exchange for blood of various qualities. I think that enchanting materials can be a fine alternative to gold when shopping. But yeah, a cost reduction would be nice.

Sero likes this.
  5. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem
    Staff Member BPG Representative

Make sure to bring this up on the next q&a stream :)

Darktide likes this.
  6. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Have to be very careful with that, would make the small market for those lower mats disappear totally and anyone trying to level enchanting would have an insane amount of work ahead of them. Being able to buy these low end mats at a decent price is very important. Make them more valuable as a trade in and anyone new that comes along to level wont be able to purchase the mats cheap enough to level.

Blaze likes this.
  7. nightblighter

nightblighter Gravelord
    Patron

I just leveled my enchanting up to q2 enchants and I'm not sure removing the gold cost is a good idea, or even decreasing it any further. Removing the gold cost means that lower level enchants have price floors set at multiples of 1/5 the most expensive most demanded higher quality enchanting component. So ghostly darktaint would set the price floor for darktaint at 1/25 the price of a ghostly darktaint. If someone sold it for any less, an enterprising trader would buy it up, combine it, and resell it as an arbitrage opportunity. This is good for players who want ghostly darktaint, as it increases the supply and thus lowers the price. It's good for sellers who can possibly sell the darktaint for higher prices depending on the price floor. But its bad for anyone that wants to level enchanting or wants to use q1/2 enchants. q2 enchants are multiples cheaper than q3 but almost as good as q3, so they are good for newish and poor players.

Is it better to make darktaint sellers and q3 darktaint users better off by making the conversion cheaper, or is it better to make low level players better off by keeping the conversion expensive? No definite answer here but personally I care more about letting the low level players have their market. If you want q3 darktaint you know where to find it. It is okay that q1 and q2 mats are numerous and cheap, this helps new players and hurts no one.

Right now based on the conversion from q2 to q3 darktaint, at a price of 275/ghostly darktaint the lowest anyone should sell q2 darktaint is 275/5 - 100/5 = 35 gold. Anything less is someone's arbitrage opportunity. As it happens while im writing this there is 300+ q2 darktaint on the market for 32 gold. So feel free to buy it up and get ghostly darktaint for 260 gold instead of 275. If you want to buy it, combine it up, and resell it the calculation is more complicated because you have to account for the taxes levied on sellers. But nonetheless even with current prices some of these conversions are profitable. Going from q1 to q5 mats is an extreme part of these conversions and I don't know that it ever needs to make sense. Let the low and high level markets be only as correlated as they already are. These are still good for going from qn-1 to qn sometimes, and as a source of last resort for enchanting mats that might not be available on the market.

8. KoKane

KoKane Infernal

I think the gold cost is there because the whole thing is just a sort of emergency convenience, not really intended as a new alternative to farming mobs for high end enchant mats.

Yes we do have an insane stockpile of q1 mats going on atm, but there could probably be a more creative solution to providing a use for them.
    (Like if things such as Dyes get implemented, or new potions)

Billy Lee likes this.
  9. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Celestial
    Lifetime

One possibility would be to use them for disenchanting to create a new crafting material like mana dust. Another would be to use them as currency, perhaps certain alfar npcs are interested in blood, heart, and bone, while dwarven npcs seek quartz, sparkstone, and stormrune.