Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Equipment loot rolls are restricted to tier 3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by veteranplayer, Mar 23, 2019.

1. veteranplayer

veteranplayer New Member

As per the comparison between a paying and a freemium player.

I was asking around in game, but I think it's not a bad idea to ask here as well...

Besides mastery crafting, which I don't know how it can be viewed by crafters, mostly everything else makes sense. Stuff that makes your life easier, helps u level faster, have more space, but nothing crippling or P2W. Simply put, u gotta grind more and manage your space better as a free player, but then there's the thing with crafting, which I won't get into, since it's not my thing and the "loot roll" restriction.

I don't understand exactly what it refers to.

In game, if I take a look at my paperdoll, below it it says "Equipment Reward Tier", which I think is the one we are talking about, which in turn can't go above Tier 3.

But what exactly does it refer to? Mob loot, chest loot, village loot? People gave different opinions.

From what I understand it has to do with your gear. So, as an example, even if I have great gear, that wouldn't make a difference if I farm shitty mobs, but what if I'm a freemium player and I farm hard - very hard mobs, would those give me less rewards ?

If it has to do only with chests and villages, than it makes sense to keep any keys we find and don't use them unless we upgrade, else opening a chest will give us worse stuff anyway, as an example... a theyril or leenspar( dunno which is higher, just from memory) would give stuff like a selentine one... Is that the case ?

Dunno about villages, but even if in a party, rewards are given individually, so it shouldn't matter.

I do hope it doesn't affect mob drops in any way, as it would certainly be game-breaking P2W, in the sense of denying players access to better loot.

Also, as a returning player, who played a bit of DFO at the end and some UW, which supporter pack makes the most sense. I am not the type of player that's interested in skins, cosmetic stuff, just utility options.

Besides the inventory/bank space and runebook, as a higher rewards for supporters, I don't see anything else that is a "must", just as a side note

2. Kappa

Kappa Goblin Scout

It only affects the loot rewarded from villages. It is actually an extremely necessary restriction to prevent players from bringing their own personal armies of alts to villages late at night to reap massive rewards.

3. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Akathar

Fuck, that's why I couldn't reach tier 4!!

4. Searchh

Searchh Goblin Scout
    Tester

Thats actually interesting.

Equipment Reward Tier affecting loot from mobs. Maybe not a huge increase in loot received but enough to insensitive people to gear up to go farm instead of being in robes/un-enchanted bone sets. Then more people roaming to find these higher geared people farming...just a thought.