Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

eta on patch?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by l0st exile, Jun 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fengor

Fengor Eodrin

What kind of archery dmg reduction are we talkin? (I can’t get on to test). If you have in full infernal on PTS what does a silver branch hit a mate with a staff out for?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

25-26 atm

Fengor likes this.
  3. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

I was hitting chad with a Q5 silver branch for 30s I think with his staff out and he had a arrow protection ring on, it’s around 40 in the back. I don’t remember exactly the numbers. He was alfar and I was wolf. Might be able to get on this evening.

It’s still viable but you better land those arrows cause unless you hit 7-8/10 shots it’s jusy better to keep the shield up.

Fengor likes this.
  4. Fengor

Fengor Eodrin

And what do your protections look like In full infernal? 28’s for magic and 18ish for melee?

5. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

You can see the protections in this spreadsheet

Inkarnation, Fengor and Oresmacker like this.
  6. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

Full heavy is melee is dirty strong. Which is good, I think it was a pretty balanced give and take. It’s different, but yea it can work. I see them being very strong in groups even more so now. But 1v1s, like I said if you are a competent destro you will have 0 problems with the sub 90% of mages but struggle with the top 10% of mages.

Yomi Scythetalon and Fengor like this.
  7. Garou

Garou Crypt Guard

Man I hope the power of hopes and wishes can make this patch cause a population increase.

but considering combat is becoming even less fun and there is still nothing to do in the game I cant be too optimistic.

lots of good stuff in the patch though besides combat related, good setup for future patches that might make more of a difference.
    --- Post updated ---
    imagine being able to beat almost any mage by holding W while switching between holding parry and leftclick.

some low skill shit going on in df these days

8. Schnid

Schnid Akathar
    Hero

*crickets*

9. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

im afraid u sux hard if u get kill by W destro. if destro is so op why only 5% atm are destro?

Inkarnation likes this.
  10. Garou

Garou Crypt Guard

first off I've never died in this game ever, but people far more skilled than you can die to your mongoloid playstyle.

gear is more expensive which will not only not be true after the patch but the inverse will be true, playstyle is far more ping dependant than mage, and playstyle is braindead boring.

Fact is you are trying to defend a super slow skill ceiling playstyle because you are afraid youll actually have to learn to play instead of braindead holding w leftclick, everyone knows it, everyone sees it, and frankly its fucking pathetic and you need to stop.

in the end its only going to bite you in the ass, since if everyone goes heavy since its broken and everyone only has heavy gear anyway youll find you cant kill anyone because they can fight back in melee when you mongoloid at them, even more so than they can now.

Methodico likes this.
  11. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

fact that good destro will use bow way more, if ur to stupid to get out of melee .... i cant help u. ur bad and retarded final.

i ask u a question, why is everyone still mage atm. yo lemme r90 SPLASH then toxic then fire ball ray ray blind run IMPALE. brain dead

12. Garou

Garou Crypt Guard

I aswered your question but you have both the playstyle and reading comprehension of a 5 year old.

if ur too retarded to push more than 3 buttons.... i cant help u. ur bad and retarded final.

p.s. dont forget I smashed you destro v destro ur dogshit loser

13. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

bow shots vs R90 /impale/knockups....skill ceiling playstyle

first off I've never died in this game ever

U MOST BE A LEGEND, tell me who r u

#113 BeatIt, Jul 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  14. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

lol you are thick as fuck he did not say returning players would stick around, he said they would return. Changing that goal post haha DAMN
    --- Post updated ---
    many claim w left click is super easy but most just straight up suck at it. A lot more skill involved than people will admit. Sure you do not have to think a lot bout keys being used but to win as a destro vs good mages is a challenge.

15. Schnid

Schnid Akathar
    Hero

You're right. Who cares if they don't stay?

Slayven likes this.
  16. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

lol who said that? ya dim witted fuck haha

17. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

If you just straight line while holding left click you are in for a bad time, you still have to time your dodges well if not you just going to get knocked up debuffed disabled and so on. The main issues with it are stat cost (parry costs to little, magic costs to much stam) and unless the mage wants to lose ground against the destro by turning and holding his spell it is painfully obvious when you have to dodge as a destro.

18. Rigon

Rigon Windlord
    Legend

I'm a vet player. Been waiting for new content. Stuff to do besides villages/zerging/grinding stupid titles.

Inkarnation and BeatIt like this.
  19. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Because it's brain dead boring and not fucking fun?

Also Mage gear is cheaper on average
    --- Post updated ---
    Shut up you old boomer, Destroyer has a super high skill floor and is easy as fuck to be "good" or at least "proficient" with relative to Mage.

YOU and basically everyone still playing who mains Destroyer would NOT beat the top mages even if you were a mage or they were a destroyer. The best mages = the best players period.

A top tier mage literally has to learn everything a top tier Destroyer does + a TON of extra shit. It takes tremendously more mechanical skill and thinking to be a top mage and the mage cannot make any mistakes vs the Destroyer in a 1v1.

A destroyer also synergizes better in a group fight, especially if you have good team mates willing to pocket heal/buff you.

Destroyers also scale better with top tier gear and have a bigger advantage when getting the jump on someone. They're also better in more types of terrain.

Mage has a MUCH larger player skill range with a much lower skill floor and a higher skill ceiling.

It's much easier to be a bad/worthless mage than a bad/ worthless destroyer in a group fight

And it's harder to be a "good" mage than a "good" Destroyer.

Ever since RoA BETA Destroyers have been getting buffs while Mages have been getting nerfed into the ground.

That's DESPITE the #1 player ALREADY having been a Destroyer in DF1 (and it's relevant to point out that when Luck switched to mage he got dunked on by me and others like Random Hero)

The difference is in DF1 you actually had to be a really good player to be better off playing Destroyer, now it's much easier.

+ BPG ruined Eyerots blind damage cool down and debuff, nerfed pungent mist damage and gave it a cast time+ stat cost increase, nerfed WoF, put WoF and toxic on same CD, ruined Toxic damage type, nerfed come hither, removed self buffs (which Destroyer didn't have), didn't give mages The same default cast speed as we had with high level spell haste, removed fizziles and generally buffed Destroyers ability to stat without unburdening before witches brew, gave Destroyers an extra staff enchant because they no longer needed spell success (or even spell haste as they too got their cast speed increased by default once spell haste which ONLY mages had was removed), mages debuffs were nerfed, buff others were nerfed, armor protections were increased disproportionately on Destroyer gear, rank 70 melee were added with longer reach, magic AoE damage got nerfed at the splash perimeter, Destroyer got an extra archery specialization by default making them even stronger and letting them take mana shield, i could go on....

@kilrain mages NEED buffs. Revert Eyerot, give pungent its damage back, make jump baseline and not require an addon for ALL spells except rank 90s, field AoEs, WoF, and Magma, buff mage default cast time to the old 99 spell haste rate OR bring back spell haste and 2 self buffs 1 for consolidated magic protections and 1 for consolidated arrow and melee protections, increase debuff magnitude on slow melee slow ranged, and all -protection debuffs if you're keeping the lowered duration, remove magnitude cap from corpsecallers, and add mage armor and staff equivalents to Dragon and rank 70-80 melee/ sunbow

Ideally new tiers of bone armor that cost much more to make but give more protections and bonus spell haste, magnitude, or mana regen. And REALLY powerful but expensive staff similar to Sunbow/Lightbringer.

The Red King, Squanto and Methodico like this.
  20. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Black Knight
    Hero

Both groups of people hating on destro or mage, or hating on playstyle is for brain deads are basically retarded. Neither one requires much skill. Obtain advantage at range, close to melee. The case is the same for either. Quit acting like cc/chain blind while pre disable is very difficult again a destroyer. Yes you must play a risky game, but it's the same game you've always played with destroyer. You must outplay the destroyer in melee while they are blind by some effects, then get back out. Not much has changed. Neither is very difficult. Destro = w + left click, Mage = CC/Blind/Ray/ Parry. Melee while they cant see. Quit acting like 1 is so much more skillful than the other lol. One is shooting a target that can not see, and or control their character... the other is tracking one that has full control of their character, and can see... hmmm

Mages become whiney little bitches when it becomes destrofall xD

Inkarnation, BeatIt and Oresmacker like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.