Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

eta on patch?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by l0st exile, Jun 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

All you do is sit naked in sanguine with daggers and try to grief people. Or steal clan banks. Crawl back in your hole Baba Yaga.

#121 Oresmacker, Jul 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  2. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Oak Lord
    Wealthy Streamer Contributor Legend

Define top mages please

Inkarnation likes this.
  3. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Lets ignore all skill related arguments and if mage and destro are balanced and talk about how dumb the combat is between a mage and a destro atm.

Currently once a destro is in infernal + if he throws some heals and some parries the stat cost to kill a destro is really high meaning that it is pretty hard to just kill a destro by keeping them at range + a bow hits harder than your magic and costs far less stats (maybe bolts stat cost decrease would help this), then add to the fact that one of the best ways to beat a destro is to get a slight health advantage and then debuff and push melee (against a spec that is suppose to melee, like wtf).

Doesn't this play style seem completely retarded and backwards to you guys?

Thrill Kill and Methodico like this.
  4. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Black Knight
    Hero

Always felt that mages having all cc, blinds at their disposal was retarded. It's a bad way to balance, and if you wish for balance then look at numbers rather than buffing blinds or cc effects. Don't add screen shake, add more damage, remove protections, do what it takes to balance without it involving someone not being able to see and or move. lol.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Thrill Kill, Inkarnation and Slayven like this.
  5. Kiyayne

Kiyayne Goblin Shaman

Mages OP, mages have the option of never dying to destros as long as they're near water.

Inkarnation likes this.
  6. Oresmacker

Supporter

Some of y’all need to hop on PTS and fight a competent mage as full heavy. Unless you are humping terrain you are gonna die.

Now that being said, heavies protections might still be a little on the high side on PTS. But if you know how to fight a heavy destro in its current form on pts you can and will beat them head to head in open terrain.

Now on live, a full infernal destro is pretty busted. -I’d give my left nut to go back to beta combat, because that’s the combat I love. I played destro then, mained it and have since then.

I think there are a lot of you hear crying about the same things they are fixing on PTS, at the very least working towards. A lot of you are also underestimating a 0 encumbrance mage with a Q5 cobra.

And to say mages have been crap for a long time is just a lie. In beta they was literally amazing. A lot of people was just still stuck in the WW/out spam knock up meta from DFO, and people that started trying to use eye rot offensively instead of defensively and putting more face to face pressure on ended up coming out on top of destros.

This is literally all you hadn’t to do to kill a good destro in beta. Watch the first fight.

One slashing debuff and it easy sailing after that. Instant cast pungent, 1.5 second cooldown on fireball+ the debuff, eye rot on a short cooldown+ screen shake. And you could stand toe to toe on melee. Also battlespikes for getting out of a sticky.

With that being said, I think that mages being able to land one short cooldown, no arc, the avalibilty for speed upgrade, unblockable debuff to complelely ruin a destros day when the only counter is on a 45sec(?) timer is ridiculous. But I also think destros hitting for double damage in melee is kinda busted too (without destro hits).

They increased the parry cost by 3x if I’m not mistaken, which does make a big difference. Archery damage is a lot lower as full heavy. And mages have a disable bolt now. It’s a whole different ball game from live to PTS. -I still think some tweaks here and there would help. But a lot of what y’all are crying about is being worked towards or already fixed.

Fengor likes this.
  7. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

That fight proves my point perfectly, even with all the buffs its still one of the best ways to kill a destro atm, no matter what if a destro goes into melee with a mage at similar life the destro should come out on top.

8. Oresmacker

Supporter

This is beta, I was proving a point that debuffs wasn’t the answer- it’s more on what battlesmurf said.

Now the way you want it to be, where you want to beat them at range is basically what it is. You are not about to melee a destro anymore unless you have a huge health advatange, and the ability to outplay in open field head to head is definitely there- this is PTS not live.

Inkarnation likes this.
  9. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

I was on about live, even on live now one of the best ways to beat a destro is to debuff and melee, as long as you go in with a bit of a health advantage.

10. Oresmacker

Supporter

Maybe with daggers, but yea they are fixing that. That’s not the case. And full heavy is severely nerfed at ranged even with destro hits. It’s still viable, but you will need to hit 7-8 arrows out of 10.

Now leather feels a lot like the old destroyer without the crazy protection difference in melee. So that’s what I will probably be running. Old as in beta, pre combat patch etc etc.

Inkarnation likes this.
  11. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

Finally Smurf speaks the gospel!

The reason why most people don’t play destroyer is it’s not fun. These new armors will be a flavor of the month until everyone is back mage. Once they put in new skills it will be different but this patch will change nothing.

I will play destro and beat 99 percent of the top destros if they play mage. And that’s with me barely playing at all, played destro maybe 5 times ever, and I’m old as fuck and still win. Why? Cause destro is OP and easy mode

#131 The Red King, Jul 2, 2019
  12. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Black Knight
    Wealthy

???

#132 JEDIMind, Jul 2, 2019
  13. Oresmacker

Supporter

Are you talking about on live? Or PTS?

Also hybrid is making a comeback I believe. Encumbrance won’t block out magic anymore. But there’s no self buffs, so idk how that’s gonna okay out yet.

14. Bojangles

Bojangles Varangian Warthane
    Legend

If a destro attempts to fight you at range with a bow they usually lose at range most of the time unless they land almost everything. The problem here is with parrying imo. That shit needs to cost 3-4x the stamina it currently does. Destros atm just pull out their shield and stat when being ranged. You can land a disable and they will just squirrel and stat and then parry when the disable is over. Destroyers should live up to their title, not just stat out mages.

15. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Black Knight
    Wealthy

Good mages will parry ray parry. Then storm blast away. Honestly you should never die to a destroyer 1v1 if you have blinds, knock ups, drains and extra escape tools. Pretty sure you would have no problems with any destros on the server as a mage Bo...so how is what you said a problem? Now if you were a destro I think even Grimmy would kill ya as a mage.

Schnid and Inkarnation like this.
  16. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

Speaking about live. I gave up PTS when I found out they are basically killing off the hybrid mage by nuking bone enc to protection ratio. I get why they want to do it but it’s fucking stupid. Filling in with leather is dumb as fuck as you won’t look the same and it’ll cost you way more for 1 extra magic and mellee protection and that with a Q 5 feather.

The right way is make a new bone that’s black color with old prots to enc ratio and fix it that way. It just can’t be that rare.

They are forcing people to wear robes cause they feel people will flock back!! Lol ok......

17. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

some folks only know how to bitch n moan.
    Guess you do not have to play the game, it is not a requirement.

18. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

Ya just don’t play..why talk about trying to fix anything..ur just whining..
    Shrugs just don’t play.

Schnid and Inkarnation like this.
  19. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

dont worry, just like the first combat change .. squanto is about to fuck the combat 2.0 again. After hes gonna cry that game is dead and the combat suck... figures

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  20. Methodico

Methodico Winterbound

So looooool !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.