Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Eternal Issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NonFactor, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

cya in a couple of months when ND has died even faster than this cos their "vision" is simply wrong.

2. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Yes cause my post to like ratio makes a fuck to how many people? I also speak the truth and don't hold back so people tend to get panties twisted, I do however speak the truth about the game and I do not have to put people down and insult them while doing it. I do engage in a bit of trolling from time to time, I often do not take the path of least resistance either and when I disagree with the "loud" crowd I don't get many likes for it. You on the other hand do not spend a lot of time trying to help the situation as much as ya seem to wanna insure the opposite holds true.
    --- Post updated ---
    because that was the point right? I am able to keep up with it and grammar that is much worse, are you incapable? inadequate?

3. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

Im sorry, but could you direct me to my troll posts, I can't seem to find them.
    --- Post updated ---
    Maybe yes maybe no (actually almost certainly no, its a far more sustainable design), but I don't consider the crowd here particularly sharp when it comes to game design, this is a self interested crowd who wants exactly the game they are good at with no regard for longevity or sustainability.

I do agree its the wrong design for the people who loved DFO 2012 which is why I want RoA to succeed too, last thing we need over there are the brain locked 'I want my meta' forum zombie cult over there. I think both can succeed, though right now my money is still on ND for its sandbox and economy elements, which is why I am trying to help clean this version up for its core draw to raw PvPers who need less tedium, lower bar to entry for competitive pvp gear and more reasons to get out in the world and get in fights.

I know if they went the pvp centric route many people would play both, one as a long term sandbox grinder because they have 4 hours to play and the other as a log in and get in some fights because I only have 30-60 minutes to play, each pulling 1/4 its own base and 1/2 overlapping.

4. Brown Dorf

Brown Dorf Goblin Warlord

Fuck off mycke

5. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

I was thinking Glintz (who I actually really like and find hilarious) and a couple others, you didn't even cross my mind since im pretty sure you could beat those guys consistently as well. You just have a guilty conscious ;)

6. SomeBK

SomeBK Infernal
    Legend

I'll take Super Star's assements regarding RoA before I would Mycke's. Super Star has always known what's best for the game and has helped us shape it into the work of art we play.

Mycke likes this.
  7. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

@MWTaylor any plans to release this on steam? change the payment method? advertising? create a safe place for noobs?
    etc etc...

8. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

Steam is very unforgiving, I think they should make sure they are ready for a rush of noobs before even considering it.

NonFactor likes this.
  9. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

they def need to change the concept of this game if they're thinking to retain noobs

Mycke likes this.
  10. dragula

dragula Gravelord
    Legend

I wish I could like this 100 times.

The gear disparity is too great right now. PVE is completely fucked. When a low level scaling spawn is more efficient than fighting most high end mobs you have a serious problem. As an example, waiting 7 or 8 min for a Menhir to respawn, with it's nerfed gold output, is ridiculous. Unless it's a very high level mob, you should never have to wait too long for a respawn. There are even fewer mobs worth farming now than there were in original dfo, instead of more.

In summary, getting ahead (or even maintaining a status quo) in this game needs to be made easier, and it needs to be normalized a bit throughout the map. The current trade system combined with the pain in the ass travel does not facilitate goods being spread around through trade. I'm sorry, but I refuse to purchase an alt just to sit him in Sanguine for trading.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    kilrath81 likes this.
  11. Down Syndrome

Down Syndrome Fire Elemental
    Legend

Coming from the guy that started with the personal insults, but yes I'm triggered. Obviously, fully and completely triggered. Go ahead, I'll wait. Go check the thread. Act like an ignorant fuck and get treated like an ignorant fuck.

12. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

Obviously posted in line with the subject matter of this thread *sarcasm*
    --- Post updated ---
    LOL, i feel pity for you.

13. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

Honestly steam release needs to be months down the road at the earliest. They need to add 1-2 major all new pieces of content and get a lot more polish and tedium reduction on what already exist. Also wouldn't hurt to get some performance fixes. Steam release is the 'go nuclear' option and you only get to do it once, so lets try to get it a whole lot more right than they did in that disaster of a launch we just had.

NonFactor and WithoutShame like this.
  14. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

If the game cant be released to steam in its current form it shouldn't of been released at all.