Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Eternal Issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NonFactor, Jul 20, 2017.

1. DarkGhost25

DarkGhost25 Black Knight
    Loyal Contributor Hero

Build diversity and arenas in some form, preferably ones with safety for the participants. I really want to be able to play a light armored archer, dump all this magic I had not interest in and ground up out of necessity, and not get quickly blown up in pvp. New armor would be greatly, something with good magic and arrow protections and weak physical protections, magic encumbrance and no archery encumbrance, melee encumbrance is possible if needed.

Wes Furtive likes this.
  2. SomeBK

SomeBK Infernal
    Legend

@MWTaylor That should do

3. MWTaylor

MWTaylor Community Manager
    Staff Member BPG Representative Game Designer

Thank you :grinning: When we do our polling, ideas such as those will be included, and it'll be helpful to see what kind of data sets we get but involving a much broader audience than before.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    NonFactor and DarkGhost25 like this.
  4. clandestino2a

clandestino2a Skeleton Archer

build diversity and factions with ranks, but you should be able to loss ranks to avoid exploit like buddys farming each other to win ranks, and of course those ranks should give specials abilities so players want to farm them.

NonFactor likes this.
  5. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

I really like the UO faction system and will likely mirror it as much as possible to fit for DF.

6. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

i really think some of these stuffs needs to be frontloaded to Q3, like portal chambers and wildeness, diversity, grind and a tweak on buff others.

#106 NonFactor, Jul 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    RootedOak and DarkGhost25 like this.
  7. DarkGhost25

DarkGhost25 Black Knight
    Loyal Contributor Hero

Me too but I can survive I guess. The control towers sound neat but I feel like the don't affect me even 10% as much as build diversity.

8. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

df always been too guild dependent, its a issue for population.

we're always seeing entire guilds quitting just because the leader quit.

the UO system allows ppl to engage in a red or blue crew and fight each other without depends the guild. (idk exactly how we will maintain the quantity of players holdings we have - maybe a smaller map is the solution, idk)

#108 NonFactor, Jul 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  9. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

There definitely needs to be a crafting spec system, Possibly 2 or 3 artisan titles you can pick to give you more damage, protections, durability, stats on crafts.

Current specs need to be purchased and done, not costing to switch back and forth. i feel the cost of the specs deters new players from trying different things. They buy destro and mage killer then find out that destro isnt that easy and want to try mage but dont want to pay AGAIN for destro and mage killer so they just give up.

Material fails need to go from crafting. I would offset the sink in the way of gold. Make different tools. Hammers for instance a 20 dura hammer for 100g, a 50 dura hammer for 500 gold, a 100 dura hammer for 1000g. Make the tier of the hammer decrease fail rates then on fails knock off a decent amount of dura from the tool. Also have the higher rank items require the higher rank hammers.

Faster mounted travel on roads should be added. Make mount speeds 30% faster on roads so travel is faster and easier. Could alter how trade routes are done or how to track down players because most would use the speed boost rather than ride around in the bushes somewhere. You could in effect have road bandits.

Skinning fails need attention. The current fail rate is fine but the "Failed to skin anything of use" needs to become success. The forums are full of people pissed off at how much skinning fails wastes their entire kill when farming only for the enchant mat.

Some form of auto-res ungankable arena in capital cities, possibly with arena ranking. Other things like wagers and such can be thought of later, for now leave the rules to the players and just get something happening. Currently clan members cant duel in NPC cities without towers going off on a kill, the arenas would fix this to some extent. The fact there is no loot would keep most assholes away cause killing players in there would cost regs and such for no reward so hopefully only people who wanted to duel would be hanging around.

Trade route timers need to go completely and the loot adjusted appropriately. Someone else mentioned a bonus time. Maybe an hour every 3-4 hours that gives bonus materials if completed during this time.

Wilderness portals need to go both ways. This would double the efficiency of the portals and allow fights to possibly happen on both sides. Capital Cities need Capital Portals that use portal shards for example to get any capital to any other. Could scale the cost based on alignment and give blue incentive since reds cant use these portal towers. This would also buff capital recall since as a ork i could cap recall. want to be higher alignment to save the cool down and cost then port to sanguine for trade.

Make capital city dungeons give 4x the alignment bonus when farmed. This would give people 0+ a good place to gain alignment. Force lock people into hit protection while inside and remove loot from the mobs inside so only people farming alignment would go there.

Mobs scaling based on kill rate, not players around. If i can kill a golem solo, remove some time per kill off the respawn timer for every kill. Have a minimum time of say 1 minute. This would allow any spawn to be worth killing. Right now i could take a friend to a golem spawn and we either harvest between kills or wander to other mobs. If the spawn got progressively faster it would force me to either reset the spawn when i couldnt handle it anymore or make farming and skill gains WAY easier with mobs always around the area to kill.

Give Blue players a price cut at all NPC's or something of the like to encourage being blue. Make all crafting use a certain percent less gold based on alignment. This way if you go red you get current system and if you are blue you could save like 100k in the end training up a mage. It would also allow blue crafters to eek out a bit more profit based on their alignment and make crafter alts require actual normal player type play time to compete on pricing.

This is just a few things i can think of right now. Given more time i could just keep going with things that in my opinion would add to retaining players that dont want to be top 10 on some leader board for pvp.

Dixie Normus likes this.
  10. SomeBK

SomeBK Infernal
    Legend

Literally, if you did this coupled with a "no fuck with newbs area" the game will begin an upward trend.

If you do do it, you gotta go balls deep and make the four islands' chaos cities be each faction's HQ (i.e. SL in Simiran on Cairn, CoM in Tolenque on Yssam, Min in White View on Niff and TB in Jhanelek or Jhali on Ruby). Make each HQ have its own sigil and room to hold the other 3 faction's sigils. Make punkte be clearly visible so people can tell who a bad ass is just by cursoring over them and let each faction have a certain mob that doesn't attack them but other factions can farm silver from.

DO NOT LET SILVER BE BANKABLE.

Make it so Minotaurs do not attack the Cairn faction but can give silver to the factions from Ruby, Niffle and Yssam. Silver then has to be ran all the way back to your home (portals are fine) and that silver can be used to buy faction blessed armor and weapons that are not lost upon death but have very little durability (to promote more pvp). Upon deposit of large tiers of silver, it adds protection time (capped at 6 hours) of one's sigil.

If a faction holds all four sigils for 36 hours, all members get awarded a certain amount silver and the sigils get sent back to all holdings. If the faction controlling all four sigils is the faction with the highest population, no award is earned.

You can also make silver easier to attain in larger quantities to the faction who has the lowest population so long as it's a huge percentage in disparity from the highest population.

That's just my spitball of how to make UO factions in DF.

Brown Dorf likes this.
  11. SinSemilla

SinSemilla Air Elemental
    Loyal Tester

Traveling needs desperate changes. Even the old portal network with what you have included. One reason UO is still active is because of the ability to recall and get instant pvp within minutes.

Wes Furtive and NonFactor like this.
  12. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Affluent Loyal Patron

1. Fixing travel time, even with portals the travel time is still too slow.

2. Map - Upgrade the portals so you can see the destination when hovering over the portal on the mini-map. Add mob spawns to map once discovered.

3. Spells - Remove the sub-skills for spells or change how they level up. Having sub skills I have to level up too just feels tedious and lame. Remove the level requirement for spells, too much time wasted leveling shit you never use.

Other stuff..

13. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

Tedium reductions in harvesting, crafting/crafting grind, PvE, spell school and melee grinds.

New content. I don't even care anymore what it is as long as its balanced.
    1. Super low HP flying mounts, swimming/diving mounts, utility mounts that have storage space on them or seats for passengers and more 'combat' mounts that specialize against specific mobs.
    2. New dungeons that are more linear and 'raid' like in that you progress through them one time and that is it, its done. Make them require some rare loot to start. Make them very difficult and have leader boards for completion speed and what not.
    3. More options for fast travel (return city portals with enhanced functionality and UW summons, complete the chaos portal network).
    4. Naval revamp that includes naval economy ships that are active use, not afk on the wheel like UW. Naval combat needs to become much more involved and 'busy'. Sunken ship salvaging, sunken treasure, deep ocean mobs. More differences between ships in performance.
    5. More reasons to own cities, hamlets and capture villages. Better defense against ships at coastal cities. Better siege mechanics. Less 'grief' asset mechanics: example disabling bank puts it to a 'chaos' state rather than a disabled state. Then city banks are balanced better against chaos banks that cannot be disabled at all.
    6. Fix trade routes to have multiple starts and ends.
    7. Random mob camps that can spawn nearly anywhere in the world and have rare or at least worth the time loot. Think UO 'random' orc camps for example.
    8. Revamp war hulks so that they are more than just despawnable cannons. Example battle arc provides AOE protection to its passengers so it can push choke points.
    9. Make cannons cheaper or despawnable so that they are actually used instead of horded for only 'emergencies'.
    10. Add incentives for being high end blue and high end red that enhance the gaming experience of the perspective 'type' of player.
    11. Fix the tedium fuck show that was the botched and terrible housing system.
    12. Finish out gear sets using reskins of existing gear sets. Example: full plate reskinned to be missing infernal and plate pieces.
    13. Limited use per day 1v1 (and maybe higher if enough interest) arena that has a bot that live streams the fights, a MMR/ranking system and titles for accomplishments in it.
    14. Fluff like chess boards, checker boards, playing cards and blank books you can write in.

Server and client performance fixes. Client side more things to help out high ping players. If you want a one server game, it needs to be as equal as possible. There is a reason AV opted for separate EU and US servers rather than a single server despite the fact that the entire population could easily fit on one. Server and client performance at sieges with more than 40 people is still garbage and needs improved, not everyone has a brand new over clocked nasa computer. Game still has numerous memory leaks, crashes and other misc bugs that need fixed.

Add an animation to where whirl wind 'plants' at so its more intuitive where you need to look to parry it. That is something I see a lot of new and even vet players struggle with. Add some way to see if you are sprinting or not, again a lot of new and vet players struggle with it now that you have to toggle sprint so much.

14. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Maybe finishing armor changes? You made it stupid hard to level cause of diminishing returns, Ok fine I cannot get shit for gains without tossing in 100's of k worth of gold but Ill be able to make it look purty. Need more armor pieces also, diff kind of armor make it so we can get a recipe from mobs that drop the other armor types in game. Black nights and Lords have a chance to drop a schematic for each type of armor so that crafters who specialize can make these pieces and make it so the crafted ones are actually useful. So many things you guys can do to add content that is engaging, maybe even do some quest fixes, I mean yall took out alignment system we had but left quests in guarded zones to kill enemy races and on top of that the rewards are shitty.

Adding more things to do in the game, adding fluff things that pvpers not care about so much, fix champion spawns from boring tedium they are now and have them drop fluff items along with whatever else, People like fluff. shiny things, capes, things with special names on them, silk slippers n shit. The hardcore crowd care less but it cannot be all about them or the game wont make it. Add in card games, chess, checkers, or anything that can also distract and create community. Prolly one of the biggest problems is we have a really negative community, these forums being moderated a lot more than they are now couldn't hurt, have ya seen the comments about people seeing these comments and bailing solely based on that alone? imagine all of those that didn't comment as to the toxicity of these forums.

Add in different kinds of mounts, make them obtainable from certain spawns only, other use the same structure to add lots of other rareish drops they don't have to be super op, we just need shit tons of them so their is way more to do. Make the ocean a much less barren place.

Faction system to replace this butchered half ass alignment system. If nothing else it makes a great addition to the game and meaningful pvp maker 3 faction bases around mid map = distance apart and make some content that makes people want to defend, add vendors in each faction base where special faction only items are sold, dyes, clothing, mounts, weapons endless opportunities.

all of these can be done and create multiple options for many different people so that the game is more alive and less stale.

Ooh ya and one more thing, I got the idea on cairn the other day going up to kill the Mino king by vakrah, we just happen to kill all the mobs on the way up. why not make it a real fight to even get to the top? tougher mobs as ya go? but ya cannot move forward until ya complete the mobs below

15. DarkGhost25

DarkGhost25 Black Knight
    Loyal Contributor Hero

I like the special dungeon idea a lot, as well as the special mounts, that is an area of the game I feel is extremely lacking. I agree with most of your ideas.

Dixie Normus likes this.
  16. coltaine

coltaine Goblin Warrior

17. Fengor

Fengor Eodrin

Will you elaborate on what "added more development resources" implies? Another dev?

18. DarkGhost25

DarkGhost25 Black Knight
    Loyal Contributor Hero

Very curious also.

Dixie Normus likes this.
  19. tanto

tanto Dire Zombie

make all spells available on day 1.. get rid of the shit that no one uses and get rid of prerequisites.. It's just pointless added grind time for the sake of adding grind time.

Let people start playing the way they want to and work on the spells they want to right out of the gates.

Foomanchu likes this.
  20. Zyrre

Zyrre New Member

PLEASE add diversity to this game. At the moment there is like 1.5 options if you count destroyer.

To do that you need to limit something, either amount of schools you can have or the amount of spells you can use at once.

You can even add it in to current system if youd like. You can nerf all spell magnitude and add a spellupgrade for it, then cap the amount of magnitudes you can have at the same time.

ANYTHING to make the meta fluid would make me love this game.

MikeJT and DarkGhost25 like this.