Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

everything is so expensive

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Copperfield, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Ylahoto

Ylahoto Skeleton Archer
    Hero

A q3 plate/scale mix is only about 10% worse than a Q4 FP r60 mix. If you don't think 10% gear differnce can be compensated for you should consider dueling more.

As for the num
    A Q3 to Q4 keen is at most 1 point of damage difference. An r50 to r60 is 2-3 points of damage difference. You should be hitting for 30 to 40, 3 to 4 is 10% of that. Please tell me how that's incorrect?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Zeiken

Zeiken Undead Dwarf

I love how vets always defend shit by saying "oh you can make 20-30k an hour" but refuse to show people how or what spawns because YOU want to keep them to yourself. New players are supposed to know how to make 20-30k an hour? gtfo

3. Ylahoto

Ylahoto Skeleton Archer
    Hero

Any decent cairn giant spawn. Any shadow knight spawn. Center Niff vilegaunts and warthanes. The icejarl super spawn by frostbourne or any ice jarl spawn that you can rotate with warthanes or gaunts. Oathliege, center, or grey ork dungeons. Any rotation of 7k hp mobs. Krakens. Snowclan dungeons, some snowclan spawns. Really any super spawn that drops gold or set of 2 close medium tier spawns.

Use daggers and piercing weakness or greataxe power attack if you're a destro. Ideally grab a friend and haste/ironskin each other or have a mage healbot you if you're a destro.

dempig, Incanuth Archbane and Zeiken like this.
  4. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Step 1. Live on Cairn.
    Step 2. Don't die with the loot.

Slayven likes this.
  5. dempig

dempig Goblin Warrior
    Supporter

I mean can you not do anything by yourself without being told what to do? Just about any average spawn rotation will get you 15k an hour, its not hard to find the 20+k per hour spawns. All the loot tables were re done for RoA , we had to find the spots ourselves. Whats stopping you from going out and finding a good farm spot besides being to lazy to do shit yourself?

GSO_taylorswift likes this.
  6. GSO_taylorswift

GSO_taylorswift Wildtribe Mage
    Loyal Legend

Even the casual grind is so easy if you even just played for 2-3 hours a day you could still max a toon easy.. stop asking for fucking hand outs they've reduced the grind more than enough not sure if you remember df1..? A like year to become viable where now you can do it in three weeks and a destro bag a real one is like 100k a plate/scale set with feathers you can make for free.. if you spend like two hours farming
    --- Post updated ---
    People act like BPG didint change all the loot tables.. so we had to go re find shit? Like... last time I checked shadow knights didint drop like 1200 gold in df1 or beta but now they do jeenkies well shit guess how that got found out I smacked one.. one day while passing the spawn

7. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

ive said this in many threads before but you kids have a very selective attention span and only hear what you wanna hear and when it doesnt suit your carebear attitude you just ignore it and keep whining.

ONCE MORE

khamsets/nahdrhuk/menhir/minotaur/raven standards

ANY of these will easily net you about 10k/hour in raw gold and up to 25-30k if you sell the mats they drop.

if you are farming with a friend you can also kill baradrons/dark dragons/erodach or any other high level mob.

its really no secret, open the map and look for medium/hard mobs, ignore the yellow ones(mostly) and look at anything from light orange to red. almost all of those are worth farming. once you picked a mob look for a spawn that is big enough to fit the current power level of your character. when you can kill all the mobs + loot + skin them and rest to 80-90% stats by the time they respawn you´re gucci. its literally just common sense. theres no sup3r s3cr3t ultra 3l1t3 spawn somewhere hidden on the map that is kept under the rug to keep newbies out. those spawns are EVERYWHERE all over the map. stop farming hobgoblins and trolls and leave the newbie areas and you will find them too. its not hard.

Ylahoto, Ledwulf and Nat like this.
  8. Copperfield

Copperfield Black Knight
    Legend

everything is just to much time consuming while you could be out and doing pvp..

farming for example.. skeleton bones to make bone armor.. takes you even more then 2 hours to get a decent amount of sets for while.

The goal was as stated by BPG themselves @ the start.. make the game more casual friendly.

This goal has not been med, but like the typical stereotype responses here: you can make 400k a hour easy.. prolly is a much better response instaed of trying the debat what can be changed in order to keep new players into the game.

New players come from other mmo's, which have instant acton for their limited playtime. This is the primairly flaw to darkfall

Zeiken likes this.
  9. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

2 hours to get a decent amount of sets? ru farming on brittles or what? i mean i dont rly think it was nessecary to change bone to q1 bone as a mat for bone armor. imo the addition of ribcages was enough but its still not a big deal to make bone armor. also what other mmos are you talking about lol? ESO/SWTOR/WOW/BDO all have MUCH bigger grinds to get to endgame viability than darkfall and any other modern mainstream MMO is just complete shit and not even a factor. this whining about grind in mmo´s is some sort of new age shit that didnt occur in the good old days. ive even seen it happen on uthgard. (latest DAoC freeshard) whole forum full of tears of ppl complaining about the grind. meanwhile my group and a bunch of other groups that actually played the game dinged max level on day 6 after launch and were fully geared for pvp on day 12. we literally had to wait 2 months till pvp got decently populated cos random idiots were too busy whining on the forum instead of actually playing the game.

10. clandestino2a

clandestino2a Skeleton Archer

uthgard ended so well its certainly an exemple to follow. https://unixgeek.com/uthgard.html#lastmonth

and for the 6 days to ding 50 a big lol, i've leveled 2 char to 50, one took 240 hours and the other 250.its the time needed if not in a optimized bomb group to level. and if uthgard failed miserably its because he was targeting nolifer like you with the slow xp + RvR for 8v8 only.

Zeiken likes this.
  11. Frog

Frog Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

Q1 bone was added to mage sets because destros cried that you could just buy bone from a vendor to make the armor

Why are people obsessed with crafting everything themselves? Buy bone armor from your clanmates or from trade chat (soon from vendors). Buy q1 bone from clan/trade/vendors and have your clan craft you the armor.

Do you not know those are options? If so then something needs to be done to make sure people know how to get this kind of armor easily

12. WyLd_SyDe

WyLd_SyDe Spellgazer
    Legend

Here's some of wyld shit tier poor dfo scroach pvper tips. Use sushi to increase your prots for literally nothing, u can get prots of fp in plate with sushi. Pick up enchanting and use q1 enchants on everything, and eventually q2 (doesn't take that long). U can make a high roll r40 hit for the same as an unenchanted r50 with q2 enchants for half the price

Ylahoto and Brown Dorf like this.
  13. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

Honestly the price of resources is so low at the moment the only factor stopping people from getting gear is finding someone to make it.

When the new deployable vendors come in I'm sure that will be a lot easier.

Ylahoto likes this.
  14. clyde frog

clyde frog Skeleton Archer
    Supporter

That's not an argument.. lol new players don't care how bad DFO sucked.. They just want this game to not suck lmao. It keeps coming back to the same problem you are ok with the grind because you are probably unemployed and live at home or 15 years old. But real people don't want to work 4 hours a night on a game after working 10 hours that day... This game is bleeding members. The devs are unpaid, and the only way to retain more people is to listen to the feedback of their customers.. not sure why that is confusing to the vets... REDUCE THE GRIND. That's why people are leaving. That's not an opinion its an objective fact because every time people leave they tell people why they are leaving. You may not like it but it doesn't change the fact that hundreds of people are leaving because of the grind.

Zeiken and Bandido like this.
  15. Zeiken

Zeiken Undead Dwarf

Exactly. They just don't get it. Oh well let them play their little arena with the same 1k or so players until it dies a third time since everything is perfectly fine but new players quitting left and right. smh.

16. Frog

Frog Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

ok but you do concede that if gear is too easy to get then it is by nature also meaningless to lose (and meaningless to loot). there has to be some rarity to even basic mats so that the economy can function. ultimately i think this is a logistical issue because making enough gold to buy a bone set is dogshit cheap, from reading it seems like players are having trouble finding someone to craft high dura bone or to sell them q1 bone to craft it themselves. hopefully player vendors can alleviate concern number 2, you need to play in a clan with a crafter for concern number 1 unfortunately. maybe they can implement crafting orders?

17. Zeiken

Zeiken Undead Dwarf

I honestly don't see absolutely any issues getting bone sets.. I'm a destro and have tailor at 100, theres a skeleton spawn damn near everywhere or at least nearby. The main concern if it wasn't obvious already from all the threads repeating the same shit, is the amount of TIME it takes to put together gear, mainly for destroyers.. the grind for skills/stats, it's just a big fucking time consuming grind to accomplish anything.

18. Frog

Frog Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

Ok but isn't this thread about how bone sets are hard to get?

I agree that they could retune some of the costs on destro gear, with a more active marketplace I think it will be a lot easier for people to access this stuff tho

Zeiken likes this.
  19. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

we levelled as what was supposed to be an organized group but ended up with 4 support 2 rm svg zerk for 90% of the time cos ppl are authists and failed to communicate properly and just made random chars XD so yea far from optimal and definitaly not a bomb group. we´re just all super vets that know every bit of that game like the back of our hands so we know all the good spots and are able to do hard spots 5-10 levels before the random shitters are able to so we pretty much got cap xp on every single mob from 1-50 and never had to stop pulling. 99.9% of the ppl on that server were just really fucking awful at the game so they never had the chance to keep up with us. i honestly didnt expect anyone to be able to but i did not expect that it would take 2 fucking months for even other set groups to get rdy. that was seriously pathetic.

and rofl uthgard catering to the 8v8 community? wtf are you smoking. that server catered more to the shit tiers than any other server ever before including live. there was barely any real 8v8 groups that are worth mentioning even playing the server in the first place. the skillgap was just absolutely ridiculous because alot of the ppl that played uthgard were ppl that quitted the game during the original classic era where everyone was absolutely hopeless garbage so the 1-2 top tier groups like us who were still playing the game just rolled over everyone else.

none of this was the cause for the server to fail tho. it failed cos blue and crew are fucking monkeys that didnt listen and refused to fix a million of game breaking bugs we reported but hey, im happy that l12 warden epic quest reward bow got its stats corrected ! they just failed to comprehend that 1.65 as a patch level is absolutely retarded and that in order to have a successful server you need a) TOA and b) some custom changes. the way they did it the nostalgia quickly went off and ppl realized how boring and shitty and unbalanced classic actually was. THAT is why uthgard failed. it had nothing to do with the grind.

20. Zeiken

Zeiken Undead Dwarf

I agree with the OP minus the bone sets. I find it super easy to put together your own bone set. I can literally make 45 sets if I were to log on right now. Still his point is valid for selentine required gear. I talked to one of the most popular crafters in the game recently and he cant even craft r50 GS because selentine ore is fucking stupid expensive atm.

Drago likes this.