Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

everything is so expensive

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Copperfield, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Darkwulf

Darkwulf Gravelord

The only troll part was the simple robes. I was serious about R40's and sprint.

2. dempig

dempig Goblin Warrior
    Supporter

Love how these kids continually ignore facts and refuse to take any advice, just admit youre lazy and go play pub g or cod or any other ADD insta gratification game.

Owyn Magnus likes this.
  3. Zeiken

Zeiken Undead Dwarf

Was gonna reply with actual facts that are obvious but at this point it's pointless to reply to idiots that can't see new players are constantly quitting. Everything is fine bruh. If only new players saw your post before they quit =/. sigh.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. dempig

dempig Goblin Warrior
    Supporter

They quit because they dont want to take the time to learn the game and get steamrolled, has nothing to do with the grind. You could give a new player a maxed char and 10 sets of infernal and thye would still get rocked and quit. You just use the grind as an excuse to push blame on anyone but yourselves, which is proven by the fact that you ignore any and all advice given , shut your eyes and ears and scream " GAMES 2 HARD MAKE EVERYTHING INSTANT"

Owyn Magnus, Ylahoto and Biceps like this.
  5. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

yea i mean, lets be honest, this game is a fundamentally flawed trainwreck on so many different levels. the only reason it is still alive is cos some ppl in the community cared so much for it to actually obtain the license and get it out of the grave cos it is unique and skillbased and requires some serious dedication and is completely unlike every other game on the market in that regard. now these new kids come in here and arent happy with putting in some work and their solution to the problem is "LULZ MAKE IT LIKE EVERY OTHER GAME ON THE MARKET COS I WANT INSTANT GRATIFICATION!!!!1!!1" all that while every other game on the market actually requires much more grind to become pvp viable which just proves that they just use the grind as an excuse when in reality they are just crying cos they cant insta wtfpwn 90% of the population after a month like in any other mainstream mmo.

yea......no

gtfo

6. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

Irregardless if this is true or not, the question still remains that if the game in its current state can maintain a sustainable population?

Zeiken likes this.
  7. Zeiken

Zeiken Undead Dwarf

No point in arguing with a couple of idiots about whats wrong with the game they will always defend it. Lets see if you morons agree everything is fine when this dies a third time

clyde frog likes this.
  8. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

no the question is do we want to bend over to these new age shitters to an extend that this game in its original form loses its charm which undermines the whole motivation behind bringing it back.

the answer to that is no.

NPE and all that is fine but the fundamental concepts should not be touched. one of these concepts is no instant gratification. if the only way to retain a sustainable population is to give ppl instant gratification then this type of game simply doesnt fit into the modern gaming culture anymore and it may aswell die for good for all i care and i think most of the original playerbase will agree to that.

9. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

The world is not binary, a game doesnt have to be all instant or all grind. The reason there is multiple views on the grind is because people have different play experiences. If you are in a top clan or are a top player you will lose much less than you gain and so you see very little actual gear grind because you dont lose it much and gain enough to offset what you lose.

Everyone else tends to lose more than they gain and as such experience a never ending gear grind. To me the solution is not to make the grind shorter but to condense the differences in gear quality so people really can be competitive in r30-40 gear.

Zeiken and nightblighter like this.
  10. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

im solo since launch and definitaly not a top player, yet i dont want the game to give me free handouts cos then i may aswell play WoW or any other random mainstream shit tier mmo. it has nothing to do with beeing in a top clan or beeing a top player. its a matter of mindset. this new generation of gamers doesnt like anything that is remotely challenging which is why they are complete trash at everything they touch. instead they want to bend the last true oldschool mmo thats actually hard to their will so it becomes the same trash of a game that made them trash players in the first place.

ive already said i have no problems with making gear from rare ore even more expensive so it actually is what the name implies. ppl shouldnt be able to use r50+ gear as an every day bag. that stuff should be reserved for sieges. maybe even reduce the dps gap between r40 and r50 weapons to promote the use of r40s in every day pvp even more.

Owyn Magnus and Ledwulf like this.
  11. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

Look im the same way I love really hard games, but thats the exception and not the rule, are there enough people like us?

There needs to be give and take, so the game remains as hardcore as possible while permitting a broad enough appeal to survive and not accepting that will doom the game.

12. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

remember the original grind? remember the cost of armors in the original game? scribing?

how much further do you wanna give in? these kids will not stop crying until they get everything for free instantly.

13. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

It doesnt matter what the original was like, it was a disaster that could never succeed and making it less of a disaster that still cant succeed is not a solution. And dont kid yourself scribing is a grind too, there is a big gold/essence grind to replace the direct skilling grind, except if you get PKed you lose your progression.

Thast the real problem and ive been saying it for a while, the game can not be based on progression you lose in PvP, thats a terrible design.

Drago and Zeiken like this.
  14. Frog

Frog Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

legit question, are you actually playing RoA?

15. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

No but know many people who are, so im not just talking out my ass, i talking to people actually playing every week.

16. Frog

Frog Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

Ok interesting, thank you.

17. clandestino2a

clandestino2a Skeleton Archer

you totally disconnected from reality if you think uthgard failed because of the bugs, anyone taking just a look on forum can guess why the game failed without even playing it. and yes the server was made for 8v8 once again just have a look on forum to see the number of complaints about that. if uthgard 1 survived 10 years it was because of NF, horses, stackable pots and lots of QoL who made all kind of gameplay enjoyable. on uthgard 2 the only way to grow in RR fast enough was 8v8 and nothing else and insane amount of casuals left because they couldn't find any group for RVR because too low RR/wrong class/no fixed group and didn't have the strengh to make an alt for another 200 hours of grind. go on the uthgard forum and tell them the game is failing because of the bugs, everybody gonna laugh at you.

18. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

Honestly most people are having lots of fun, but they too see its unsustainable, its a great game for the vets and the thick skinned, but it retention of new players is very low. It needs to be sustainable, for the first time in the not too distant future DF will have competition with itself and the only way that wont kill one is if they each have a sustainable identity, which I do not believe RoA currently has.

19. Frog

Frog Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

The state of ROA is not static, I'm not worried for the noobs in the future or about ND.

20. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

Thats the problem I am and though some of my reasoning is altruistic and some self serving, at the end of the day I would like to see both succeed.

Drago likes this.