Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

everything is so expensive

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Copperfield, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

i could not care less what these casual insects think why the server failed. they have zero clue what they talking about. no1 cares if the zerglings quit. DAoC servers have always lived and died by the activity of the 8v8 groups. no1 else matters. when those quit there is an issue and those quit cos of the insane amount of gamebreaking bugs that remained untouched despite beeing reported with proof multiple times.

uthgard 1 was never even a factor and spend most of its lifetime with 400-800 ppl during primetime and all of them were nonfactors that mostly pve´d. you say uthgard 1 survived for 10 years. reality is uthgard 1 was never really alive to begin with. everyone that remotely mattered played i50/eden or live during that era.
    --- Post updated ---
    yes it is a grind too but if you´re smart you can still save a ton of time due to scribing. f.e. you can farm mobs for gold and essences with melee to lvl that up and then use the stuff you got to lvl your magic and scribing is WAAAAAAYYYYY faster than lvling magic the normal way.

2. clandestino2a

clandestino2a Skeleton Archer

complaints about bugs on forum ? close to none
    complaints about what i said ? the whole forum is filled with that

but yes you must be right

you must never have played in 1.65 on EU servers to think 8v8 is what make the game. it was 3000+ players online in prime time and zerg everywhere. i don't know if today the official server live because of 8v8 groups but i know uthgard died because 8v8 was the only possible way to play the game. force players into a gameplay and you get punished immediately. thinking no one care if the zerg quit show how biased your vision is.

anyway i stop speaking about daoc as you clearly can't see the reality even when its in front of you,

3. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Ooooooooookay, so you're still a fucking dumbass roaching the forums in yet another game.

Go read a book.
    --- Post updated ---
    [​IMG]
    --- Post updated ---
    [​IMG]

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Clarence Swamptown and Grimtide like this.
  4. Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect Frostjarl
    Benefactor Contributor Legend

It literally takes 10 minutes to grind mats for a bone set. LITERALLY!!.....literally.

Owyn Magnus and Ylahoto like this.
  5. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

you realize a competent software dev costs about 10 grand per month.

You mongoloids need to start realizing that casuals pay the bills

Ringo Starr likes this.
  6. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

yes it is a grind too but if you´re smart you can still save a ton of time due to scribing. f.e. you can farm mobs for gold and essences with melee to lvl that up and then use the stuff you got to lvl your magic and scribing is WAAAAAAYYYYY faster
    did you fail to read what i just wrote? whatever random shitnoobs on the forum complain about is not relevant in any way form or shape. unlike darkfall DAoC never needed the casual zerg to survive. DAoC is perfectly fine with just the elitist groups, infact its way better with just the elitist groups. all it takes to populate emain is 2-3 8man groups from each realm and the action is popping. those random zergling groups are nothing more than a bump in the road when you roll over them anyway. its literally a waste of 20 seconds lifetime to kill them 8v8 and other than that they do nothing but annoy when they try to add on a serious fight and get roflstomped anyway. there is no need for them AT ALL. hence it doesnt matter what they whine about, let them quit. good riddance.

if you think 2003 DAoC had no 8v8 you have no idea what you´re talking about. JH, NP, DH, IG, AD, Groove, CF, LA from excal, PE, Maelstrom, Eclipse, BO, EL, SotL from prydwen, were all organized 8mans that already respected fights among each other and those are just the ones i can recall from the top of my head after 15 years. there were many more on both servers. the fact that you dont even know that just tells me that you havent been in any remotely relevant guild during that era. yes there was also huge zergs but they were just about as irrelevant from a competitive point of view as they are now. though granted outlaw and the GoL zerg of total shit tiers RP PL´d me nicely. 8vs100 was always fun albeit not very challenging as im still convinced those 100 had a total of 56 arms combined at best. atleast thats how they played which says alot as no1 was really good at that time.
    --- Post updated ---
    yep thats totally a factor for a FREEshard.

bet you feel really dumb now huh?

when mongoloids call ppl with 500x their own IQ mongoloids. makes me giggle.

7. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

The sad part is I have more a clue not playing than you do playing....

8. Drago

Drago Deadeye

OuR Clan shop doesnt even sell scale or r40s cause its too difficult to obtain the mats.
    Bone is easy imo.. anything iron related is annoying and requires an alt for gathering or trading.

Zeiken likes this.
  9. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

k

10. Copperfield

Copperfield Black Knight
    Legend

let me refraise the question or debat then?

You think rise of agon will make it without casuals?

i said it before and will say is again.. in order to rise of agon to survive, this shit needs to adjusted..

I am fine with people no-lifing darkfall.. ive done this is aswell.. but you can not design the game around the no lifers.. you need to adjust the game for casuals

The Cannibal, Drago and Zeiken like this.
  11. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

yep thats totally a factor for a FREEshard.

bet you feel really dumb now huh?

when mongoloids call ppl with 500x their own IQ mongoloids
    the thing is the game isnt designed around nolifers its designed around ppl going into more dangerous territory to farm more profitable mobs. you dont need to play 16 hours a day to stay geared + keep meditation running + lvl your stuff + do some scribing. you need to play like 1-2 hours but you need to kill the right stuff for that.

12. Copperfield

Copperfield Black Knight
    Legend

thats why most of new players already quit the game and not subbing..

Gotcha

Zeiken likes this.
  13. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

yep they cba to put the effort in to try different/harder stuff and learn how/what to farm more efficient that way. instead they sit at easy spawns next to npc cities, loot a potato and 50g per mob and then cry cos they have to do that for 15 hours a day just to keep meditation going.

sry but developers cant fix stupidity.

14. Zeiken

Zeiken Undead Dwarf

Farm farm farm farm farm all i see on the forums. In a pvp focused game... Game is great TONS of new players everywhere! /sarcasm off. idiots.

15. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

prime example of 0 reading comprehension and maximum stupidity. how is a dev team supposed to fix that?

16. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

yes let the new players push out and farm harder mobs so you can farm them, got it. Guess you missed the NEW part. So when it takes them a while to get a plate/scale set with an r40 and you kill them at the spawn in -5 seconds, how many times you think they will do that?

the masochistic ones will go back to looting 50g and a potato until they can attempt to compete. the others quit.

Zeiken likes this.
  17. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

and thats where you are wrong. ive been farming harder mobs for 1.5 months and got jumped like 3-4 times in total. the easier the mobs you kill are the more likely you will get jumped cos thats what the pathetic losers that kill newbies do. they cycle low level mob spawns cos they are scared to meet anyone that could possibly defend himself.

18. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

you arent a new player. you know where and how to farm safe. stop telling people their opinions are wrong because they cant possibly be because they are OPINIONS. also using terms like "pathetic losers" just makes you seem angry and confrontational. I know you can argue your point without resorting to this because you seem like you have a head on your shoulders. People will be more apt to listen to you if you stop attacking them personally for their opinions.

19. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

i have played DFO for about 5-6 months back in 2010 and barely remembered anything when ROA launched. i wouldnt go as far to say that im new as i obviously had some experience and already knew the basics of combat from UW which i played abit longer but regarding the old map and where profitable farm spots are located i had to explore and try aswell. i didnt know anything about loot tables other than "some menhirs used to drop r60 weapons". thats literally all i could remember about loot tables from DFO.

also everytime a thread like this comes up it usually starts with a huge amount of advice only to see it gets ignored completely. look at the first 1-2 pages of this one and you will see. why you think that is the case? ill tell you why, its cos the ppl making these threads dont want advice, all they want is to change the game to be the typical instant gratification game they are used to play. darkfall is not supposed to be that type of game, thats why the ppl who been here from the beginning like it. thats why it got ressurected from the grave. how many other games that died early do you know that had this type of passionate community to get the license and commit their own freetime to bring the game back. all while beeing on a volumteer basis. its ok to make the game easier so it appeals to a broader audience but that has already happened. the grind was already reduced massively. the cost for basic gear was literally halfed. scribing was put in place to help with lvling magic. yet ppl are whining STILL cos they dont want easier, they want INSTANT gratification.

regarding your last point. dno how you would call a vet that feeds on newbies killing goblins/trolls but imo "pathetic losers" fits that type of player pretty well. im by no means a good pvper, average at best when im back in practice and i would never go to these spawns to look for pvp. its not fun, the loot is useless and all it does is alienate the new playerbase. the meanest thing ive done in ROA so far was killing some poor wolf that ran by me while i was mining. i attacked him cos i was bored from gathering. poor guy couldnt hit me a single time in melee and when he realized he was losing he just straight lined directly towards the next npc city. he didnt even try to heal up so i just rezzed him and gave him my sword lol.
    when i hear that some vets feed on these type of players all day everyday it just makes me sick.

Dixie Normus likes this.
  20. Clarence Swamptown

Clarence Swamptown Black Knight
    Legend

I've been on both sides. During a part of DFO and a part of UW I had a lot of time to play. I don't anymore. I can see the arguments from both sides, I can see the arguments from people wanting and liking grinding, but I also can see the arguments from people who would like to participate at a fair level but who don't have 18 hours a day to play. I think the destro character grind is fine. I think the mage character grind should be faster. I think the gear grind in general should be much, much faster until end-game luxury level of gear. They frontloaded character progression, they should also front load the gear grind, for the same reasons. It should be really quick and easy to get bone, fp, rk60s weapons and Q3-Q4 enchants. Infernal+ and rk70+ is where the grind should be, it could be even be much harder than it is now and it would be fine. But make the baseline end game gear easy to get. It would obviously effect the economy... just counter it by reducing the durability of gear accordingly... and add other gold sinks if needed. People wants quick access to end game gear for pvp. Who cares if your armor piece have 60 dura or just 15 when you pvp. It is rare for most players, specially casual players, to use the full dura of their gear.

Darkfall always been known as a tedious game to play (even if you deny it). I don't understand why they made the essential gear even harder to get. On top of armor and weapons, arrows are harder to get (and fine arrows are necessary to compete), food is harder to get (and good food is necessary to compete), potions are harder to get, etc. Why making the game more tedious? I think they went in the wrong direction on that front. For exemple, when people were saying in DFO that destro/heavy hybrid gear costed too much, they weren't asking for mage gear cost to be increased, I'm sure they were hoping for destro/heavy hybrid gear to be cheaper. In beta when bpg removed a bunch of gold sinks and people were asking for replacements, I doubt many were asking for all the loot tables to be nerfed big time. They should have added end game gold sinks instead.

And I say that knowing full well some of my clanmates would disagree, as shown in this very thread. It's hard to realize and understand the problem if you 1)have plenty of play time and 2)are winning most fights. Apparently you are a whiny cunt if you can't dedicate your life to a video game. lol :p

TL;DR : I am not saying to remove the grind. Just front load it. All of it. Including the gear grind.

#100 Clarence Swamptown, Jul 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    Zeiken, Drago, breakqop and 1 other person like this.