Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Excited for this! Best of luck!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Orumus, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Orumus

Orumus Goblin Scout
    Hero

Hey guys,

Been a fan of Darkfall for quite some time since back in the razorwax days. Played the original beta and release for quite awhile. Also played DFUW with less enthusiasm as most here would agree I'm sure. I'm glad to see this is going ahead and hope that you bring Darkfall back while also fixing some of the issues with the game.

I've been reading some posts on the forums and see worries about adding or removing too much. I want to throw some advice out there to both the members making this happen and the community with concerns. Attaining a license to this game will allow BPG to have access to a working build of the game as it was in a fully operational state. For benefit of the team and the players a suggestion would be to just get the game up and running and let ~2000 - 3000 people in to play it including the team for a month or two.

Through this process both the community and the Rise of Agon team can focus on what works and what doesn't. It's crucial to refresh the memory of both the development team for this project as well as the community before mechanics and additions are implemented into a strategy. This also allows you to test the server setups and loads before anything becomes modified. This will make it much easier to track
    server performance issues that could arise as well as prioritize changes / additions.

I have experience in game development and only want you to succeed which is why I hope you guys find some value in my suggestion. That said BPG if you need an 3d asset artist for weapons, particle effects, environment props, armor, java coding etc... don't hesitate to fire me a PM I'd be happy to help you should you need it.

Cheers!

2. Hugo

Hugo Gravelord

Welcome to the forums :)

You mirror much of our thoughts in approaching development for Darkfall: Rise of Agon. Allowing ourselves and our players the opportunity to get back into the game and re-experience it with a clear head is going to be essential. In early alpha there is a great deal for our team to be getting on with behind the scenes so players will certainly have a good window to familiarise themselves.

Join in the discussions on the forum and we'll hopefully see you in Agon soon!