Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Explain the new house plots please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TryHard, Jul 21, 2017.

1. TryHard

TryHard Varangian Warthane
    Legend

"Added more single house locations to the world of Agon"

This is not enough information... I literally ignored housing until I saw you had added new plots randomly near the human capital cities.... can we get a little more explanation from the devs about this?

Were these added because of Sanguine being a trade hub and you wanted other races to have access to a quick bind spot there? Were they just random? I would love to hear a dev talk about it openly, I think its a great addition to the game and shedding some light on it might help increase people's interest.

For those who don't know in the last patch BPG added some new "single house" plots to the game, they are player houses separate from the village control points we all know and love. Please BPG lets have a good thread for once in the history of this forum.

EDIT: Here is a link to the patch notes so you can check it out yourself :) https://www.darkfallriseofagon.com/news/patch-notes/patch-notes-july-15th-2017/

2. WizardKing

WizardKing Dire Zombie
    Benefactor Tester

Hidden and new content to explore and find. Make friends all over the world and travel to see them. And Darkfall becomes a lively and purposeful place.

3. TryHard

Legend

I dont want housing plots exposed, I want the ones that have been discovered to be explained a bit more, dont u see this as a good chance for some dev interaction that isnt about how bad the game is ?

Nah lets have 10 more quit threads with 20 dev replies in each one NICE FORUMS LOL

4. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor

The first step is to take a deep breath in.
    Hold it.

Don't let go.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Mycke, Brown Dorf, Korag and 2 others like this.
  5. Burning

Burning Goblin Shaman
    Legend

Deep breaths Itwas Luck imposter.

6. Buffalo Spaceman

Buffalo Spaceman Frostjarl
    Hero

Your post to like ratio means you need to stop posting so much.

Burning, Hook and Fengor like this.
  7. TryHard

Legend

Strange the devs reply to trash threads all day, I thought one thread could be positive and shed some light on the cool new features being added to the game.
    LOL you should see my posts, this ratio is literally the GOLDEN RATIO

8. gosti

gosti Frostjarl
    Legend

Post to like ratio. Serious business.

Inkarnation and TryHard like this.
  9. clandestino2a

clandestino2a Skeleton Archer

those trash threads like you say are players concerned about the futur of the game, and who wouldn't be with population declining but the only good thing you find to do is coming to those threads and call people retards.

and you are complaining because devs want to keep some mystery about where the new houses plots are ? the only trash thread i see here is yours sorry.

10. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

Hey, let's try not to be like that. Check the new sticky.

OP - What is there to explain? They are sweet new housing plots not attached to villages that people can own. They've actually been in since the housing patch I believe; they just added more lately and hopefully will continue to do so.

Dixie Normus likes this.
  11. Hook

Hook Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

What do you need or want explained? They added more houseing plots throughout the world, something people have been asking for/wanted since DF1.

I would rather devs not waste their time on explaining something dumb like this and use said time for more content/ stuff people actually want.

Lucan and Burning like this.
  12. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

Houses were placed in new locations. More will be added over time. Not much to explain.

13. TryHard

Legend

When did I complain about a mystery? My OP is positive imo... you are truly misunderstanding the point of this thread...
    So they are RANDOM? No reason for the 2 plots right near sanguine ok fine great dev response this forums is going to be wonderful now with the new rules. I thought maybe you guys had placed them because of sanguine being a trade hub... lol nice reply, perfect chance to show you guys care and you blow it.
    ^Nice posts! Really love the new positive forum rules guys :) (JK yall dont moderate well)

14. MWTaylor

MWTaylor Community Manager
    Staff Member BPG Representative Game Designer

I'm not sure what response you were looking for. We added new housing plots in various locations in the world - areas that we felt were a good fit. There is no hidden or secretive reason why we added them where they are.

And there is also no reason for the ending to the post quoted above, all that can come from comments like that is negativity.

15. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Obsidian Golem
    Legend

There are way more than just Sanguine. Get away from Winterworth and go explore ;)

TryHard likes this.
  16. TryHard

Legend

I will as soon as I finish gathering mats for a deed! :D :D

I didnt meen any agenda was hidden or anything I just wanted to have a discussion about new plots :( forums are super toxic

17. Owyn Magnus

Owyn Magnus Varangian Warthane

You just about made my head explode

Wizzy likes this.
  18. TryHard

Legend

Theres new rules in place now, people shouldn't be replying to threads just to rip the guy who made it what the hell is the point of your post.... BPG I need an adult

Mea Kulpa likes this.
  19. pathion

pathion Gravelord
    Supporter

... what is the logic in placing house plots in contested spawns giving whoever places there full control over the spawn. Yssam leenspar golem, midmap house.

And why was skull island one of the best places to farm in the game when it is in the middle of nowhere.

I don't think anybody who plays (or played) understands why besides you. "Because we felt like it" isn't a great answer and certainly doesn't built my confidence at the direction of the game.

Mea Kulpa likes this.
  20. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Obsidian Golem
    Legend

I farm Namlit all the time and it's rarely contested because people think there's always a zerg there so why go :) Quieter there than cairn, mid map, selentine golems/wolflands combined.