Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

eye root,volcano

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AbyssWalker, Dec 6, 2018.

1. AbyssWalker

AbyssWalker Windlord
    Supporter

Hi,please bring back screenshake to eye rot and volcano,because its broken now and useless.

2. Animal

Animal Obsidian Golem
    Hero

? The screen shake quite literally doesn't matter for either of these spells unless you play at some stupid low resolution....

Sique and Fengor like this.
  3. Bartlebe

Bartlebe Chosen of Khamset
    Loyal Legend

Screenshake makes sieges unbearable. Worth the sacrifice if they're a little weaker in solo fights.

[​IMG]

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Sique, Scrubby Bear, Rimamok and 2 others like this.
  4. Sorrow Avaritia

Sorrow Avaritia Obsidian Golem
    Hero

Volcano stopped you ressing som1, it was really the only reason to use it over another field aoe.

5. Animal

Animal Obsidian Golem
    Hero

First person strafe res...? I feel like I play a different game than most people that post.

If you're standing still to res someone while in a position to take damage.... you're doing something wrong.

6. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

I never really did the first person strafe res, I preferred being able to see som1 coming up behind me while ressing, it interrupted 3rd person strafing ressing though, but volcano was very really used so it never really came up. Its like you are intentionally doing dumb shit / saying dumb shit and hoping retards buy into it.

7. Sero

Sero Forest Golem
    Loyal Legend

The only spell that MAYBE needs screenshake back is eyerot, the rest of it can go fuck itself.
    --- Post updated ---
    fireball stops people from rezzing too. So does WoF. And come hither. And stormblast. And knockback. Magma. Exploding Charge. Battlespikes. Walking infront of them.

Methodico, Sique and Animal like this.
  8. Animal

Animal Obsidian Golem
    Hero

I lol'd. If that didn't drive the point home... who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sique likes this.
  9. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Damn you guys are dumb fucks, please can you use your brains a little and maybe you can see in what situation it would be useful.

What do other spells / walking in front of som1 have to do with it? Was just talking about a reason to use it over another field aoe. There should be reasons to use specific spells over another, rather than having all spells do the same thing, if not why not just have 1 magic school?

10. Sero

Sero Forest Golem
    Loyal Legend

Reasons to use Volcano over other AoE:

- It has the highest damage out of every field AoE.

Reasons to never be considered for using a spell:

- It has a cancerous spell effect called screen shake

Sique and Scrubby Bear like this.
  11. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Last time I played other than logging on a few times to test ping / duel about a bit, Volcano had lower AoE and higher cast time, was a shit field aoe to use so no one used it. The only point to using it was in a group fight and throwing it on a dead body to prevent resses / do dmg to people trying to res. The screen shake effect never really bothered me.

12. Sero

Sero Forest Golem
    Loyal Legend

Volcano always did more damage than everything, except for maybe toxic rain, and even then, it was due to protections. The only reason volcano will ever do less than another field AoE right now is because someone has a fire prot ring.

Screen shake was garbage, and should never come back.

Sique and Scrubby Bear like this.
  13. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Volcano would often do less damage because you wouldn't get the 2nd tick, please stop talking shit.

14. Sero

Sero Forest Golem
    Loyal Legend

What are you even talking about lmfao.

Sique likes this.
  15. KapteeniKoukku

KapteeniKoukku Windlord
    Streamer

Talk out of your ass again kid, volcano does the least amount of dmg 6 ticks total others 8....

16. Sero

Sero Forest Golem
    Loyal Legend

so what ur saying is screen shake is not necessary and changing the way volcano works is? gotchya. thanks.

The tick damage is higher by the way, the difference between it and other field AoEs is like 2 damage total. Didnt realize it was 3 ticks tho. Still not a reason to bring back screen shake.

#16 Sero, Dec 6, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  17. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Wouldn't it be nice if there was a different reason to use each aoe / field aoe though, screen shake might be a shitty mechanic (like I said never really bothered me), but it would be nice if there was a good reason to use each, kinda like it use to be.

Each r90 / field aoe could have a different effect, like 1 could be better against heavy, 1 could be better against bone, one could be decent damage against both, one could be faster cast time, one could be longer cast time but more damage, one could last longer and have 3 sets of ticks for more overall damage but less damage per tick (you could get out b4 the 3rd set of ticks). Could add unique effects to them like volcano prevents res (without the screen shake), ice storm applies a mini melee / range slow, toxic rain could lower protections.

18. Sero

Sero Forest Golem
    Loyal Legend

Theres a reason I use flames of vengeance over every other field AoE currently, so obviously I agree with you; however, the reason to use a spell over another should never be screen shake.

#18 Sero, Dec 6, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    Sique likes this.
  19. propain

propain Varangian Warthane
    Loyal Hero

Yeah I don't know if the AOEs got changed significantly in the last year or so since I tested other than screenshake, but Volcano had highest base damage, thunderstorm was decent damage/highest stamina drain, death fog was ass but still had a "gank use", arcane aoe did decent mana drain/mediocre damage and impaired vision a bit. I feel like the AOEs do have their uses and differences, albeit minimal. I can't remember anything about toxic though.