Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Eye rot

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oresmacker, May 14, 2019.

1. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

I would really like to see screen shake back on this spell. I feel like it would help out mages tremendously right now. Maybe even cutting down on the cooldown a bit.

But I would also like to see it gone from every other spell that currently has it. To me it only lowers the quality of sieges.

Any insight of this changing in the future?

2. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

I love the fact that screenshake is gone, it was pretty cancerous, but if it's only on Eye Rot, I think it's ok.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Void, Slayven, NonFactor and 10 others like this.
  3. Blaze

Blaze Chosen of Khamset

Agree

Void, Sero, Myater and 4 others like this.
  4. Fengor

Fengor Obsidian Golem

Definitely needed.

Void, Blaze, Myater and 3 others like this.
  5. Methodico

Methodico Wildtribe Mage

No screen shake, maybe Eye rot darker.

Auron likes this.
  6. Auron

Auron Infernal
    Hero

Eye root screen shake....battlespike whit cd for warriors....remove wof from global cd of aoe spells...remove city buff...nerf a bit range and dmg of daggers...nerf rage skill...

HeganHatsumo likes this.
  7. Hook

Hook Celestial
    Legend

Doesn’t matter what we think, only what the devs think.

There was literally things that got voted to revert, think it was knock up on fireball or something like that, but kilran didn’t like that so it’s not going to happen. Why even have poles or suggestions if you aren’t going to listen to them.

Nat likes this.
  8. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Full pvp revert? (Neil comes along, revert comment - instant delete comment)

9. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Wildtribe Mage

I don't mind screen shake on anything. I think it adds to the game myself.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  10. NonFactor

NonFactor Fire Giant
    Affluent Legend

im a mage. i think its fine.

maybe lower cd. 40 secs

11. Oresmacker

Supporter

I wish we had a settings option to turn it on or off via preference.

Sero likes this.
  12. DeadlyHit

DeadlyHit Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

kinda ruins the point

the shake made eye rot hard to see

now its piss easy track people who eye rot you

The Red King and Battle Smurf like this.
  13. Schnid

Schnid Gravelord
    Hero

Why do we need to help out mages?

14. Yomi Scythetalon

Contributor Legend Streamer

Cause destro OP

15. Schnid

Schnid Gravelord
    Hero

Riiiight right :tearsofjoy:.

16. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Just make the entire screen go pitch black when hit with it.

Eyerot needs to be a reliable blind, otherwise what's the point?

Nerfed damage, longer Cool down, effectively removed the blind... BPG massacred my boy

You can really see the unconscious bias of the devs at work when comparing all magic changes to all melee/archery changes of RoA.

I don't think most people have kept track of all the Magic nerfs and melee archery buffs.

A lot of players seem to want basically all of Magics flavor and utility to be nerfed into the ground or straight removed and have combat devolve into nothing but white hits.

Where as I want magic to get MORE cool utility and for Melee/ archery to get some new attacks too like Trueshot/Sniper shot or Vampiric strike.

I don't understand kids who want combat to just be left clicks and transfers... That's boring, less skillful, and significantly less fun.

Void likes this.
  17. Oresmacker

Supporter

We won’t be after next patch, The brain dead meat sheild meta is going to be gone.- which is good thing.

You will not be able to just block and do full heal cycles through a mages damage. I was in the PTS this morning dueling Blaze some abs it felt a lot like the old pre patch destroyer. You have to play aggressive like we used to, you have to heal at the right times like you used to, and you have to land archery shots. I feel like it’s in a really good spot.

They are also gonna be dropping magic protections on heavy armor by 2-3. Which imo is the right thing to do. I would go with 2 over 3 because that’s a big decrease in protections. But I will continue to test and try to be unbiased as possible because I actually want the game to succeed. I found out that actually logging in and testing instead of just posting walls of texts on the forums help me push the motives a little more with the devolpment team.

Tomorrow if I have someone to test with I want to try the medium armor out. And I would really like some people to get on for group vs group senarios. I will be streaming all of it.
    --- Post updated ---
    Not for eye rot- for all of the other screen shake stuff. The R90 that’s are cast in cooldown and just makes bring down the quality of life of sieges drop significantly for me at least.

So the RP people can leave it on all of the other stuff. If you want screen shake on your elf while in elf lands hunting moose- You do you.
    --- Post updated ---
    They was actually taking what I said seriously and not just blocking me out. But it’s because I’m testing it, which in a way I can understand.

Fengor likes this.
  18. The Red King

The Red King Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

Really? Cause I have the exact opposite opinion. Destros are stronger than ever. They received no nerfs at all, maybe they will get one when they add in the -2 to -3 protections which is much needed. Mage damage got nerfed, impale got nerfed, mages do less 90 nuke damage if not close, which was needed imo, mages do what 9-10 less in melee vs a destro, hybrid got nerfed to shit, - making it worthless - forcing us to wear robes, and the only buff mages got was the toxic rain which is what, one every minute lol. With indestructible, I had 43 Fire protection with my shield out, like what? 43!!!! Also add in the fact there are probably tens of thousands if not hundreds of rare ore in the game and mage rares there are probably thousands...

So I think we in for the era for heavy armor.

#18 The Red King, May 14, 2019
    Last edited: May 14, 2019
    Battle Smurf and propain like this.
  19. Schnid

Schnid Gravelord
    Hero

What are your thoughts on the fact that mages out DPS Destros when going shot for show with a bow?

What are your thoughts on mages being able to infinitely reset a fight they're losing when Destros can't due to not having Stormblast?

I feel you're being misleading when you say Destro's can outheal a mage's damage. There is no chance a Destro is out healing a mage hitting rays/90's/rend.

There appears to be a significant bias within the tester community in favor of nerfing Destros but none of them, in my opinion, have put forth any logical reason as to why they should be nerfed.

20. Oresmacker

Supporter

What are you running? Me and Blaze was going destro vs mage(robes) and he was holding his own just fine. Blaze is also a really good player when it come to the sheild+Ray+ melee game.. it’s one of the best ways fight heavys effectively. L

And I’m not running indestructible, I’m running Destroyer. And I was running full physical protection rings- the exact same thing I run on live right now. If I wanted to just blow his brains out each fight I would’ve just thrown on magic protection stuff. But that’s not playing how I play on live, that’s just playing to win.

Also no offense but the last time I fought you I had to come in and finish mag in a tag team tourney after sync died and ended up basically flawlessing you at low health- and this is when destros couldn’t hardly stat unless unburden was up, so sorry I feel like your opinion is a little biased and has some L2P issues in there.

You need to ask yourself are you blocking every arrow and then raying raying after? Are you jumping when I shoot an arrow close to melee translation range so it pushes you away from me, and you get a hop off of that for good distance while blocking? Are you too stubborn to use pungent- cause it’s still very useful. Are you using rend after your AoE for additional damage? Are you disabling when you land knock ups? And if you are then show me on the test server :p
    --- Post updated ---
    I main destro you fucking goose.
    I’m saying on live. With infernal, and playing correctly.

I’m willing to state my case with anyone via dueling on live or the test server.