Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Eye rot

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oresmacker, May 14, 2019.

1. Schnid

Schnid Akathar
    Hero

Thanks for showing us that the people heavily involved in influencing combat are level-headed and capable of rational discussion.

The way you calmly and meticulously addressed my questions makes me confident that we are in the right hands.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

What I’m saying is- We are too tanky as of right now- which is about to change, but we are getting some of our damage back. Not all of it because a lot of our damage came from the old back damage multiplier, helped us a lot more than mages.

I do get a little hot headed when someone says that they can’t outheal mage damage. And you can. I am sorry I am super confident in how I play destroyer. And I play with players that know how to effectively fight them. I am willing to help anyone out if they want some help.

Slayven and Fengor like this.
  3. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

lol schnid is crazy if he thinks destros aren't completely busted on live

Battle Smurf and Oresmacker like this.
  4. The Red King

The Red King Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

Let's duel on live and test, granted I don't fight destros very often which is why I am not good against them, I do understand the game very well though. I pretty much explained to you all the nerfs yet you have not explained to me why you think its a better match up now besides I beat you once in a 2v2 tourney... come on man

5. Oresmacker

Supporter

I have had one day of testing, but I was having more issues with Blaze than I do with a lot of other mages. I think it’s more on the encumbrance, damage sustain side of the new robes+ toxic on cooldown does make a bigger difference than most think.

I need to find the link to the new build on PTS. Also idk if they have implemented it yet. But archery is going to take more of a hit the higher encumbrance you have as in you won’t do as much damage with a certain amount of encumbrance. It’s still up in the air what they are going to do with robes still as in if they are going to give them some kind of additional effect. Magnitude for example.

It just all around made me have to play more aggressive. It’s just the way it felt to me, and I haven’t felt that way playing destro since they had the big combat changing patch.

#25 Oresmacker, May 15, 2019
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
  6. The Red King

Loyal Legend

Blaze has like 10 ping to the server and the server has 0 lag so peoples accuracy on test is deceiving. Trust me man, I know this game.

Schnid likes this.
  7. Oresmacker

Supporter

He has 40 and I have 48. People are losing their minds over me saying that it felt better. As in it’s a step in the right direction. I did NOT feel near as tanky on the test server as in the live server wether it’s the Mage changes or mine. All I did was duel. It’s an overall general statement that I summed up if my morning of testing. It’s not set and stone.

If you would like I will be streaming in the morning and doing more test. You are more than welcome to join. Maybe you can bring me to light on some things and maybe I can do the same for you.

Fengor and Sero like this.
  8. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

hes lyin if he says he has 40 ping on test brah

Schnid likes this.
  9. The Red King

Loyal Legend

ROFL he is lying to you he has less than 20. Chad, Grimtide, Boni, Myself and Blaze put a lot of hours and we all have the same consensus but Blaze for some reason...

But like I said I pointed out all the nerfs on test compared to live, how is it remotely possible that it's better?

10. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

Surely if destro is busted on live, then people would rather wager me as destro, rather than mage? Surely? Except that isn't the case.

Mage is undoubtedly far stronger in 1v1 and 2v2.

The ability for outplay just isn't there as a great destro. You either get fully debuffed on c/d and lose against a smart/good player that just stormblast+mount runs on any bad engagement or you fight a player that isn't as good as you and win. That's it. There are no other options as destro.

11. Oresmacker

Supporter

Maybe I misheard him. I was running low on sleep, just giving you the benefit of the doubt.

12. KoKane

KoKane Celestial

Yeah but when people are saying Destroyer is so strong, I think they're factoring in more than wagers between certain individuals or 1v1/2v2 scenarios.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  13. Schnid

Schnid Akathar
    Hero

You can't out-heal mage damage. It's just math my dude. No reason to get "hot-headed" at math. Its just numbers.

Not to mention the optimal damage rotation for a mage (being Impale, Insect, Rend, r90) is on a much shorter cooldown than a full Destro heal cycle so even If its on par mathematically (its not) all the mage has to do is repeat their cycle while the Destro only has Stam to Health up. GG.

Your statement about Destros being too tanky is just like, your opinion man lol. Do you have anything besides hot-headed edgy comments to support your argument that Destro is too tanky? Also, if its so easy to "blow Blaze's brains out" with the right gear, mind uploading a video of it?

Of course you think Destro is OP...Don't you have like 150 ping?

Oh look, a top tier player putting forth a rational argument based in logic. Really interested to see if anyone here has any actual counterpoints to this post because so far all I'm seeing from the other side is "you're wrong because feelings".

#33 Schnid, May 15, 2019
  14. Oresmacker

Supporter

Do you block? You know it cuts down on the damage right? It’s math man.

Blaze is a really good player- much better than when I use to duel him for sure. It wasn’t an attack on him at all. What I was saying was I wasn’t trying to go full try hard on the enchants with my rings. I have bludgending/piercing/slashing.
    When I could’ve thrown on some fire and holy damage BUT to me that would make the test innaccurate from what I usually play on live.

15. Schnid

Schnid Akathar
    Hero

Do you disable?

I really wish you could come up with something besides anger and sarcasm because if this is the path we're going to go down then I'm already bored.

Are you going to actually address any of the reasonable points made by the opposing side in this discussion, or are you going to continue to double down on your baseless arguments? :relaxed:

16. Oresmacker

Supporter

Then leave the thread bud, when I do get disabled that’s usually when I go through my full heal cycle or try to apply pressure, blinds, etc.. whatever the moment calls for. Common sense.

Why are you getting mad at me for not having an issue surviving 1v1 with a mage and you do? Lmao
    Mister math man- can’t handle the heat though? Weird.

I just watched your last vid. I would recommend leaving the city even when you are not in a group and go play solo. Also you have 25 ping on live and you are having issues stickying people lol.

#36 Oresmacker, May 15, 2019
  17. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

I would 100% rather 1v1 you as mage than destro

I'm actually very good vs destroyers

and it's busted op when as a 150 ping destroyer I can kill top tier players..

18. Schnid

Schnid Akathar
    Hero

Looked up my videos :tearsofjoy:. I think what I'm witnessing here is the definition of someone being affected. So fun to watch :kissingclosed:. Thank you for the show.

Oresmacker likes this.
  19. Oresmacker

Supporter

I mean, if you are complaining about dying to fast I’m trying to understand why? Since I don’t have that issue at all.

Didn’t take long to find it by the way.

Back to disscusion eye rot needs a face lift. I can still basically see everything and still sticky people through it. It’s already taken a damage nerf and a cooldown nerf. At least make it work when you do cast it.

20. Schnid

Schnid Akathar
    Hero

Wait, where did I complain about me dying too fast?