Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Eye rot

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oresmacker, May 14, 2019.

1. Methodico

Methodico Wildtribe Mage

Please make It possible robe plus helmet!

2. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Obsidian Golem
    Hero

False

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

I like how you completely ignore the absolute devastating effects/ advantage a Destroyer has in a group fight/ open world jump/ terrain based encounter and how they scale VASTLY better than mages in regards to high end gear or ESPECIALLY when having a haste/pocket healer.

Darkfall is NOT all about 1v1s

Also I'd MUCH rather fight you as a mage. Always did always will.

As a mage you had no chance, as a Destroyer you COULD potentially get lucky and I had to make zero mistakes.

And you lost to me EVERY TIME as both Mage and Destroyer in wagers. I literally big bothered you on multiple occasions over several meta eras and plenty of people saw it/ know it. You know it's true.

So get off your high horse you perma Napoleon Complexed lil manlet

BTW since we're using self anecdotes to justify balance, no mage 1v1 ever worried me like a good Destroyer.

And no mage in a group fight ever threatened me like a good Destroyer

I fucking HATE how 1 dimensional and boring melee archery is in RoA/ DF1 (UW was a LITTLE more fun because of more abilities/ attacks) BUT if I were to play RoA now I'd feel heavily obligated to go Destroyer

And not just because I'll be rusty as fuck, have to grind less (not that the mage grind is that bad now), and because the last thing to go player skill wise is the ability to sticky (It's EZ AF as a high sensitivity player)...

But because good gear is MUCH easier to acquire in RoA than DF1 (Remember Melee archery scales better at higher gear ranks than magic) and Magic has consistently been hit with the nerf bat while Destroyer has gotten both direct and indirect buffs over multiple patches.

Destroyer, from a relative standpoint, is stronger than it EVER was in DF1 and in DF1 the #1 player was ALREADY a Destroyer.

These are facts and I'm not saying nerf Destroyer into the ground, but rather magic deserves to at least have Eyerot do a proper RELIABLE blind after being been hit with so many nerfs.

Color the screen pure black with eyerot to start and then go from there, remember it had big a cool down increase, it's screenshake removed, AND it's damaged nerfed. (I cannot remember if it's stat cost was also increased)

I also think Pungent Mist got kneecapped. You want to add a cast time? Fine, but it had other nerfs too like cooldown and stat cost. And if you're going to give it a cast time, a longer cool down, and a stat cost increase... then at least make the blind effect more useful IMHO
    --- Post updated ---
    AGREED If we're going to have expensive, higher tierd robes and BPG wants people to actually use them then a couple things need to happen...

1. Hoods (and Robes if they aren't yet) become fully enchantable with mage relevant enchants, like Cast Time/ Mana Efficiency/ Spell Duration/ or even TEST spell magnitude that stacks with staff spell magnitude enchant.

2. And/ Or give Hoods and Robes SOMETHING built in... even something small like extra mana regeneration

Otherwise you just wasted time adding assets that the vast majority will ignore in favor of some kind of bone/leather/metal mix

I'd like to see a mage glass cannon option that actually has the CANNON part

Methodico likes this.
  4. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Obsidian Golem
    Hero

@Battle Smurf

Can you play console games or can you play with a gamepad for a long period of time?

5. The Red King

The Red King Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

Define better.. you guys are so out of touch. You need to put a Q5 enchant along with like 4 or 5 piece of the new leather armor just to get ONE more protection in magic and ONE more slashing protection!!!

So this set cost you a fuck ton more for less than 1 point of magic / melee protection , sure it has 2 or 3 more archery protections but I am not going for that. Oh guess what, you cast way slower too due to encumbrance starting at 0.

You guys need to learn your game. Better lol

Slayven likes this.
  6. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

How much do the new robes cost?

7. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

probably a lot more than "heavy" or "destro" bags will be since rare ores have been in the game for 2 years and theres probably 50K plus of each in the game at least if you include crafted gear already in the game.

8. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

Gimmie your inferny Grimtide

Grimtide likes this.
  9. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

gimme some r70 swords :kissingheart:

Oresmacker likes this.
  10. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

@Battle Smurf When did we wager? The only person you wagered in RP was Elenae when he was guppy status. The same month that Mk and I wagered Luck+Drocky.

The only person in RP that gave me a good fight was Mk. You barely held your own with Elenae.... who was an open world player.... not a wager player. You always struggled against destros because you're baby brained when it comes to mechanics.

#70 Animal, May 16, 2019 at 4:41 AM
    Last edited: May 16, 2019 at 4:47 AM
  11. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

This didn't come from us, it came from the players who have been testing things out on PTS. Why would you think a leather set would cost more than a robe anyway? They will cost the same amount of rares. A robe will probably cost more than a bone chest piece with a couple of pieces of leather.

12. Kol Taggar

Kol Taggar Infernal
    Loyal Legend

WHERE ARE THEY?

also yeah, folks who care should really log into roa discord pts and watch general/poll talk pts channels. does seem like these decisions are being made there (...)