Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Fast Travel Idea.

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by JEDIMind, Dec 2, 2016.

1. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Frostjarl
    Wealthy

I'm a huge fan of fast travel, especially coming from a game like AC where you can portal into cities only to take you to other cities. I understand in a game like Darkfall fast travel needs to not be overdone, but there is some room for improvements. Here are a few ideas I had.

What we have now.
    Runestones, Portal Networks, House recall, Bindstone Recall, Starter City Recall, and the Wilderness portals.

1. Second Bindstone recall. **THIS I THINK IS A MUST**
    This should be in the game already. Everyone I'm sure notices all the chaos bindstones around the world right? Now LET US USE THEM! Some many options open up when you can bind to your holding and another random stone in the middle of no where.

2. Sea Tower Recall.
    Taking the Sea Tower should have some perks besides from mats. Having your clan be able to recall to a tower your captured opens up a lot of clan activities. But of course you would only be able to recall while you owned the tower. Would also give the champs of the tower at the time to defend.

3. Land Tower Recall.
    Hopping that Land Towers get put into the game I think the same should go for them.
    For example..One land tower on each island and one near center. If you wanted to farm something on Niff for a few days. Your clan could take the tower.

4. More Wilderness Portals.
    This is a great idea.

5. Something to do with House Recall.
    Anyone that's ever owned a house in Darkfall can tell you it sucks when everyone is binding to another house But you can't....cause you own a house.

Of course all these recalls would have timers along the lines of the new starter city recall...2-4 hours.

These ideas are base on if BPG does away with the portal network. Honestly I'm not a fan of the portal network only cause if the game is populated as we all hope you MIGHT have one holding. So if every holding was owned by a different clan this portal network is useless. Being able to portal somewhere for whatever reason ( pvp, farming, or trading ) is key in my eyes. Just probably like everyone here I've ran around for hours only to log off.

#1 JEDIMind, Dec 2, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  2. Owyn Magnus

Owyn Magnus Varangian Warthane

I like these ideas.

#1 I think having this ability is good. But, how about having it only at an NPC or chaos city? I would be fine with the chaos stones.

#2 Good idea. Put in more naval activities in the game and this is even better.

#3 Why not just have this as villages? You can recall to any village your clan owns? Or maybe make certain villages worth more and thereby become defacto land towers?

#4 This scares me the most. Most potential to fuck the feel of DFO up and ruin any chance of regionalization. I'm for them in principle but they scare me.

#5 Oh GOD YES! I cant tell you how many times I was penalized for owning a house. "Oh, you guys are all recalling to X's house? For a sea tower event? Oh...good. Umm..Im gonna need a runestone marked, and for someone recall to the village, mark it, recall back to give it to me, then recall BACK to the village"

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

• Technically capital recall already fills your #1, but obviously its a blue only incentive.
    • It would be nice to be able to separate your own house bind with someone elses
    • Hopefully their new wilderness portal network covers all the rest of your concerns instead of having to create separate recalls for every large scale addition to the game just to get to the area.

4. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Frostjarl
    Wealthy

Capital kinda fills number #1 but I wanna pick where my second bindstone spot is. All these wild chaos stones every where will gain a lot of vaule. Bindstones could be something fought over. Think about the one on skull island.

5. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

Thats actually an interesting idea. If they gave people a separate chaos bind and the bindstones actually went vulnerable like villages do giving the clan that won the ability to have an additional bind at that stone say for like i dunno 12 hours or w/e time frame is sufficient. Promotoes pvp and like you said make use of chaos wild bindstones that nobody really uses unless you need to bind somewhere for a siege or you are traveling naked across the map when u first make ur char and want to bind as you go in case you die.

6. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Frostjarl
    Wealthy

I like the idea a lot, but I'm looking for something that could be simple to do. Adding it so you can have two bindstone recalls would add a lot of value to the game. Can have you're own secret spot.

Dixie Normus and Super Star like this.
  7. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Patron

Can you elaborate on the "feeling of DFO"

I think you can have fast travel times in game, which affects everything in game from better trade, better PvE scenarios that can be built upon, better PvP, etc etc. I think faster travel times in game would make the game sooo much better and with the times. It would also allow casual players to enjoy everything the game has to offer without taking 30 mins to get somewhere.

I think you can have regions that people don't want to leave, or keep coming back to (for loot, which creates PvP), even with fast travel in the game. It's been done before, it can be done in Darkfall.

#7 onslaught, Dec 2, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
    Dixie Normus, Korag and JEDIMind like this.
  8. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

2. Sea Tower Recall

This would be awesome. It should be that you have to defend the tower for an hour. So if you're the defending clan you have to King of the Hill the tower rather than shoot the statue. That would make it so that the defender isn't directly involved at sea, they might have a split force inside the tower using the cannons along with ships. This might make it easier or harder to maintain the tower for the 2nd claim. That might encourage more people to attend knowing that the defender will have to try really hard to keep it.

RedBull9, onslaught and Mycke like this.
  9. Sithra

Sithra Goblin Warrior
    Legend

I would love to see a summon player option. It'd help for those cases the rest of your clan is getting a house bind to a set spot, but you have the house.

It'd also help for those times you're roaming far, get into some pvp and win but have someone die. Nothing sucks worse than having a little action, then spending an hour trying to catch up while listening to all your crew get into more action in voice comms so you know what you're missing out on.

Green Chili likes this.
  10. Owyn Magnus

Owyn Magnus Varangian Warthane

When. Dfo was populated at Eu launch and at Na the feel of the world was massive. There were lands and cities that I never got to after a half year of play.

Hearing about these lands and the alliances that were on them was awe inspiring.

That was regionalization, and it's something that I want back. Unholy wars lost that feeling due to small map and portals.

I'm not against portals if done right. But I'm scared it will diminish the map instead of enhance it if done wrong

Dixie Normus likes this.
  11. VVolfgang

VVolfgang Fire Elemental
    Legend

Something they may think about adding is if you're red the capital recall takes you to a chaos city. If they really want to make it interesting have it random. So you could recall back red and end up in ANY chaos city in Darkfall.

Owyn Magnus likes this.
  12. DareDevil

DareDevil Goblin Scout
    Hero

I like the idea of having two binds at once, that way you can do one activity and when done get back to what you were doing before that, I have chose to log out sometimes because I do not feel like running back to get new bind, thinking ill just do it next time I log.

Dixie Normus and VVolfgang like this.