Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Field AOE changes

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Nirazu, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Nirazu

Nirazu Deadeye
    Hero

Toxic rain used to be far and away the best field AoE.

BPG wanted more variety and buffed the others.

Lightning storm is now far and away the best field AoE, and does even more damage and stam drain than toxic rain ever did.

Change it back or?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Isaac Clarke and Kilset like this.
  2. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

I mainly just want to see a change to how they work. More damage in the center and less on the outskirts, and each tick is an individual 'hit' instead of the spell only having two 'hits', so escaping from the AoE at any point would stop the damage.

On the topic of DoTs, all the other dots in the game besides insect swarm need a damage buff. They should all do pretty much twice the amount of ticks they currently do.

3. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

Yeah fields aoe's could probably do with a change to be either 4 ticks of 2 or 8 ticks of one. This would be a huge nerf to field AoE's though and they would probably need a damage buff to balance them. I also think field aoe's mana cost should be increased. Just looking at my mana costs for air spells I got 14.61 for thunderstorm, 13.31 for lighting bolt(ray), 9.42 for ball lighting(bolt) and 12.01 for exploding charge. People shouldn't be using fields AoE's in 1v1's on a regular basis.

MikeJT likes this.
  4. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

Totally agree with this. I also think R90's could use a damage buff, but also a large increase in mana usage.

A inferno, exploding charge, etc should be something that you throw into a group of people. One player should be considered a waste of mana.

This would force magic users into high-skill, single-target specific spells instead of spamming R90's and using field AoE's on individual targets.

Sure you could use them on individual targets, but it would be risky and the damage output/mana cost ratio would be much lower than a bolt, or even a ray.

When you're throwing it into a bunched up group of people that damage output/mana cost is a lot better.

Simply:
    - individual target spells that require leading (most skill, most damage per point of mana)
    - individual target spells that are instant delivery (ie. rays, moderate skill, slightly lower damage/point of mana)
    - multiple target spells that require leading (lower skilled, lower damage/point of mana)
    - wide multi-target spells, instant delivery (biggest area damage potential, very low damage/mana, only sensible to use against multiple targets)

Fawley and Aristos Giannes like this.
  5. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

I thinking there should be diminishing returns with stacked field aoes. There hasn't been a single group fight I've been in that didn't involve endless wof+aoe spam until one side had the definitive advantage.

6. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Thunderstorm is certainly a problem. It needs to be in line with the protections of armor. If all field Aoes did the same dmg, and the same size, then there would actually be a choice.

Also what is the point of Volcano? It should do more damage considering its tiny radius. Rarely is anyone going to get the 2nd tick on a player.

I think I could agree that instead of Aoes doing two sets of 4 ticks they should do 3 sets or 4 sets of ticks so that the persons in the Aoe can move out of them. That would make aoes only come into play when a choke point is being pushed.

T storm has such a huge radius, just try moving out of iys 2nd tick in combat... plus it's very difficult to not hit yourself with t storm for at least one tick.

Nerf field aoes and buff tornado! Flip the meta.

7. Tuloth

Tuloth Infernal
    Loyal Hero

Would it be possible to make Field AoEs only actual do damage while you're inside of it? Damage stops when you leave the AoE? I'm not sure how they are programmed or if this is feasible. Also the Animation for Thunderstorm does not match the spell radius even remotely. The animation itself is far closer to that of volcano, either expand the visual effect to match the spell or restrict the spell to match the animation.

MikeJT and Scrapnotcrap like this.
  8. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero