Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Poll Fix PVE, Fix Crafting

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by Fenrir Frauki, Nov 8, 2019.

?

Agree or Disagree?

1. Agree / some of my favorite spawns were moved

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Disagree / I think there should only be 1 place to get each material

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Fenrir Frauki

Fenrir Frauki Undead Dwarf
    Loyal Supporter

Localization doesn't mean making 1 spawn in the entire game where you can get crafting/enchanting mats. The spawns were already localized. There was no continent where you could get everything material wise. This isn't localization, it's funneling: and all it accomplishes is making it easier to jump people at mob spawns and making it harder to farm.

I think I speak for the vast majority of this games player-base when I say: We don't like having our mobs get shuffled around the map and having to look up where to find them again. We don't like having our crafting recipes for staple pieces of gear getting changed around. These are things we have had memorized for 9 years...This would be tantamount to changing around the enchanting recipes, which I guarantee you NOBODY would like.

I think you could still make it work with the new crafting recipes, even tho I think people would prefer it if you just changed it back (I'm talking about cobra staff and silverbranch specifically). But the 2 options in the entire map we have for farming these are just plain not enjoyable. Without further ado, here are the main things that I think should be looked at:

• Fire Giants - Put these back on Yssam, there used to be 2 spots that for them here
    • Leenspar Golem - Put back with Dark Dragon in Volcano on Yssam
    • Eodrin - Place several 4 spawns back in the center of the map
    • Baradron - Revert spawns back where they were (1 near hinenfau, 2 on Yssam)
    • Forest Golems - Place a couple spots around Yssam, keep Treants in several spots as well for variety. There also used to be one near Ottenhal I believe.
    • Erodach - There should really me more than 1 place to kill these, I actually like the new spot but these used to be a key part of the PvE on Cairn...
    • Deathless Mages/Hooded Ones - The loot was originally nerfed on these because of exploiting, the spawns should be put back to spawn 4 mages in one spawn & also there was a deathless/hooded spawn on Naxadon that would be great to see that again
    • Gargantua - I would like to see these back in the center, or possibly buff the loot on the Guardian so it will give q5 enchanting mats to make it more worthwhile hotspot, not just somewhere to gank newbs...
    Another thing I would like to see is Namlit being a good place for farming, theres nothing out there now just some tomb iklit and oak lords... kinda lame! If anyone else has some good idea for spawns they miss farming at, please chime in!

EDIT: I also remember q4 darktaint use to come from Grey Orks, I would like to see that an option again because I hate being forced to kill Shadowknights for it. Center Dungeon is another thing that should be revamped because as it stands right now it's more of a tourist attraction than a farming spot.

We need some variety for PvE, I'm sure a lot of people have had their favorite spawns get moved and that kind of thing really makes people not want to play. For me it was the Fire Giants on Yssam, I used to love farming those and would travel all the way from Mehatil to farm them for hours. I think with some variety you could make things really work with these new crafting recipes, but as it stands right now I feel like you guys are torturing us with these spawns.

I would love some feedback for the people who I actually constantly see out there farming in the world, such as Donaddor or quietnoobz. What do ya think?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Scrapnotcrap and JasperHawkins like this.
  2. Geezy

Geezy Undead Dwarf
    Loyal Supporter

Agree with pretty much all of that. In particular, Eodrins are cancer now.... two spawns of one eodrin each on a 10-15 minute respawn timer isn't tenable. Q5 eye is steadily approaching 5k per, with no ceiling in sight... this is a big problem.

Fenrir Frauki likes this.
  3. BeatIt

BeatIt Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

this will be ignore like everything

4. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Celestial

You forgot to mention dungeons can be utilized for some of these mobs as well

Fenrir Frauki likes this.