Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Fix This

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by kilrath81, Jul 16, 2017.

1. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

You want to know a reason crafters would quit the game?

[​IMG]

3 Fails in a row on a rare resource losing some of said rares in the process. Ridiculous. The fact this STILL isnt fixed is mind boggling.

If you lose 3 in 2 fails in current prices youve lost 3000-4000 gold in an instant. This is the worth of a lot newer players pvp gear bags complete.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Damaja, Orak, Lordpete and 4 others like this.
  2. MerleisAirdburne

MerleisAirdburne Black Knight
    Supporter

Did you buff your wisdom before hand? Can also have someone with higher wisdom and smelting skill, smelt your ore to decrease the chance of failing.

Sometimes you have bad luck

3. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Fire Elemental
    Legend

What is there to fix? It shows your % chance right there in the window. At 99% you will lose 1 in 100 on average, if you are under 99% you can always have someone else smelt them for you to mitigate risk as there are lots of crafters offering this service.

MerleisAirdburne likes this.
  4. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

I was buffed to 109 wis and level 80 smelting. 3 in a few fails isn't the issue. Losing rare ores on fail is. They are rare enough. You buy 6 for 8k and then lose 3 of them to this BS and you think that isn't broken?

Damaja likes this.
  5. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Level up your smelting.

6. MerleisAirdburne

Supporter

No, I think you are unlucky. 3 fails in a row is very rare with a 92% success rate. Also, you could have failed 4 times in a row and not lost any rare ore, so again, you are very unlucky with losing 3 ore from 3 fails. You might call it karma ;-)

7. Darkwulf

Darkwulf Gravelord

This is yet another terrible game design mechanic. With ores being so rare of course the risk of losing them crafting should not be so high. This isn't ND where you can get tons of rares at any time.

Damaja likes this.
  8. MerleisAirdburne

Supporter

Yall are stupid. I've only lost 2 or 3 ore from failed smelting since release

9. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

I've lost 3 or 4 in one sitting before with rares. Do 50 units and 3 or 4 gone for good, not just failed try again. I've has 99 percent for regular ore and fail 4 times in 100

Damaja likes this.
  10. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Fire Elemental
    Legend

So don't smelt at lower than 99% if you are so worried about losing an occasional rare ore. It's not a game problem it's a complain post that your extremely small sample size didn't match up exactly with the odds.

STDIO and MerleisAirdburne like this.
  11. STDIO

STDIO Gravelord
    Legend

I still don't get why this is a problem

12. sup

sup Akathar
    Legend

Because balancing around failures is shitty game design and adds more frustration and tedium to an already tedious game. It's hard to get the resources, it's hard to find people selling them, it's tedious to travel to someone selling them, it's a grind to get to 99% for rares, and on and on and on. Just make it cost a slight amount more gold if you really want the gold sink that failing something (sort of) adds.

Damaja and ElrinaS like this.
  13. Not_Primetime

Not_Primetime Infernal
    Wealthy Legend

Because Darkfall has to punish you every time you try and do anything. It's why we have a very large and robust population.

Damaja likes this.
  14. Orak

Orak Goblin Shaman
    Legend

My clan crafter has been focusing on crafting the entire game. He still fails 3 out of 4 r60s in a row and ragelogs. I've never seen someone ragelog from failing at crafting. PLEASE FIX.

Damaja and kilrath81 like this.
  15. Damaja

Damaja Goblin Warrior
    Legend

I can attest to this. Happens all the damn time. Happens when crafting gear as well. Failed 3 out of 4 r60 crafts losing my clan mates rare ingots. This happens all the time and it's incredibly infuriating. With a damage spread of 5 points then fails its enough to drive you crazy. The worst part is being the clans armour/weapon crafter and losing their mats.
    How about the time I crafted 5 r50s 4 the lowest possible roll and 1 that was 1 point below the lowest possibly listed! Screenshot for proof.

Yes wearing a robe, yes 110 wisdom.
    --- Post updated ---
    That's the thing even at 96% you technically should only fail 4 out of 100 on average right? There is no way in hell that is working right now. The fail rate calculations seem way off. Something ain't right.

kilrath81 likes this.