Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

For any concerns/questions on servers please talk to me

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rawr, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Rawr

Rawr Chosen of Khamset

To prevent any false info please contact me directly, or in this thread.

I don't want any false info coming out, so please make sure the info is from me DIRECTLY, or few people from my team will confirm/deny (mainly Neil who is helping me a lot with this).

I am working on a few projects on the back end at this time.

For those in Western EU/Australia please run:

pathping 107.191.96.26

(This will take 375 seconds tom complete which is ~7 minutes)

Alternatively run:

tracert 107.191.96.26

**NOTE**: This is just a test IP at this time, we do not have 100% confirmation of our datacenter IP as nothing is confirmed as of yet. More details to come as they come available.

Pathping is superior because it gives me stats over the full 7 minutes. Tracert will only give me 1 shot info. And to quell any myths, this will not give me 100% accurate info for game-related traffic but is the best I have at this time without killing datacenters.

Again any concerns/questions about anything about the server or security, please contact me. If you see threads on reddit or other sources with people with questions over these things, please do not hesitate to send them to me.

Thanks,
    Rawr
    (Your IT overlord)

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Kilset

Kilset Black Knight
    Hero

Will the information from our ping tests be a very accurate depiction of what we can expect from the live servers? Or am I correct when assuming the overhead will apply like 10-20 ping on top of what we ping?

3. Rawr

Rawr Chosen of Khamset

The packets we are sending for pings are quite small, the game packets will be much larger in size.

You should expect within reason 10-20 ping difference is highly possible. I just don't want to say with 100% certainty until I can confirm what I see which will be if/when I get the server up, and I have performed my internal tests.

If you are <150 ms you should be golden, anything above this and it will be slightly harder (not impossible).

I used to play Starcraft 2 on the korean server, I had over 250ms ping (roughly), and was holding my own.

Going to work on improving things, I have some data from someone in Australia and I am working on it.