Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

FPS Bug.

Discussion in 'Support & Bugs' started by quietnoobz, May 16, 2018.

1. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Gravelord

All the time. Ports, mob spawns, etc. Studders, caused my death, lost loot. Annoying. Been dealing with fps bug happening more frequently. Used to seem fixed. Now worse than ever. Please fix. Asap. Thanks.

Nat likes this.
  2. Dotix

Dotix Dire Zombie
    Legend

Yea i alt tab a single time sometimes and my fps goes from 300ish to a constant 60 then if i play a little more it goes to 20ish until i restart, fullscreen or borderless.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem
    Staff Member BPG Representative

We have a little change coming in the launcher that may help address this bug for some users by forcing a higher minimum memory. Looking at some of the memory usage of clients it seems the minimum currently reserved is a bit low, increasing it should help with performance on many machines. We're looking at other tweaks as well to alleviate this issue, we know how frustrating it is we are looking into it.

NonFactor likes this.
  4. RabbleRabble

RabbleRabble Skeleton Archer
    Legend

Just some input that might solve the problem. When I run my 4 accounts the only one that gets the fps bug is my main that opens his bank and the AH. The others that dont use the AH and only use their bank and the billboards never get the FPS bug.

5. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem

Thanks, we are aware of this one and it has to do with the way the market operates with the current gui system. The market is probably by far the single most busy gui element the game has ever seen and it seems to be a garbage collection issue potentially. We may need to adjust heavily how the market refreshes to fix it and it is on the short term radar.

6. Lordbacon

Lordbacon Goblin Warrior
    Supporter

From what ive tested fullscreen and alt-tabing causes/increase fps bug ive tried for 2week in window mode borderless and did not get the bug a single time during those 2 weeks.

7. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

Windows have absolutely ruined full screen games with their latest update. I recommend a revert to before it if you are having issues with any game. Lots of complaints about.

8. Lordbacon

Lordbacon Goblin Warrior
    Supporter

May be but ive tested it like 3month ago befor retesting it like 2weeks ago. Is the windows patch that old?

9. kilrain

kilrain Oak Lord
    Staff Member Team Lead Developer

And today?

10. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

The creator's update last year made it bad but they had an update this week that made it even worse. Our patch today should help deal with the issues.

11. Lordbacon

Lordbacon Goblin Warrior
    Supporter

I cant say that its 100% fix gonna need more testing but i alt-tabed like 50 time and did not get any fps drop or bug. Normaly after like 10-15 alt-tab my fps drops everytime i alt-tab until i get fps bug. Did not happen when i was testing it today. Look pretty good so far tho.

Andrew likes this.
  12. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Black Knight
    Legend

Just reporting in, I did get the FPS bug just now. I have had the client on for a few hours though, and alt tabbed a lot. It was from an alt-tab this time.

Andrew likes this.
  13. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem

We expect it may still happen after this change. The changes made should help in lengthening the time before it happens for some and potentially remove it for others. This was a small change that will buy us time while we look for a better fix.

14. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Black Knight
    Legend

Yep, not complaining. I am glad you guys are working on it. Simply providing feedback.

Andrew likes this.