Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Friendly Reminder...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sero, Aug 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

I would, but apparently that skill is locked out for me...

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

Any changes you make to protections or damage will affect everyone else as well. There isn't a simple "against destroyers" solution. If you decrease physical protections on metal then any heavy hybrid style would lose out as well. If you increase melee damage then destroyer is doing more against you too. In order to get what you want then you're looking more along the lines of increasing melee damage and reducing destroyer bonus.

DFO characters had less protections as well, remember we gave everyone all of the passives and yes they made a difference.

3. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

The only passive that increased melee protections was ignore armour... Thats at most, a max of 1.

Clearly.

4. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

Clearly not in armor.

5. Degamra

Degamra Winterbound
    Hero

Heavy hybrid is shit as it currently stands, so they really arent losing out on anything that isnt worth sacrificing for the sake of balancing out destro in the current meta. But honestly, I'm sick of time being lost in combat tweaks, so fug it.

6. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You guys know whats working for the game. Carry on then :)

7. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

I’d rather resolve what might be wrong with hybrid.

8. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

pm a gm he will unlock and enjoy

9. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Oak Lord
    Wealthy Streamer Contributor Legend

What is the discussion here? Destros are SUPPOSE to poop on mages. Thats what theyre designed for.

10. Funky zeit

Funky zeit Infernal
    Tester

63 damage mage killer shots in full infernal, 60 dmg sunbow shots in dragon in lucks vid. archery damage is definitely off atm.

Cyborg, Degamra and Slayven like this.
  11. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

Nerfing other buffs
    Nerfing pungeant recast time
    Nerfing insta cast pungeant
    Nerfing eye rot cast time
    Removing screen shake
    Nerfing wof

All nerfed heavy hybrid where it’s basically useless now.

12. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

Hybrid vs hybrid is fun.

13. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

*COUGH* *COUGH*

This shouldn't be reverted.

*COUGH*

14. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Oak Lord
    Wealthy Streamer Contributor Legend

Im convinced youre terminally ill, you always coughing and you don't even smoke.

15. Shieldbreaker

Shieldbreaker Undead Dwarf
    Benefactor

Something worth considering.

In DFO, for my pals brithday, I got him a full dragon set. Not just any full dragon set, but I crafted like 20 dragon sets ( rip dfo 1-2 theyril ingots per filler), and selected the best pieces with the highest rolls, same for arcane, for arcane I know for sure with the highest rolls on the rings + amulet I managed to squeeze an extra 0.5 arcane protection. After q5 enchants, when he used the set in combat he said he took significantly less damage than he was used to.

Could be that your fixed rolls on armour are too high? Because in Darkfall the variance was fairly significant. I know weapons are max roll compared to DFO variance of, afaik up to 0.06 damage? Mayhaps armour should be medium roll instead of max one.

Another big thing that helps destros a ton is eye rot. In DFO, vs heavies, I tried to use needles/rend/venom/insect swarm and eye rot as much as possible, since vs heavies they did more per hit than r90s/r50s/elemental rays. Now eye rot no longer deals noticable damage, while before it was like ~~35 vs infliction shield if I remember correctly.

JasperHawkins likes this.
  16. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

WRONG

Destroyer has gotten all kinds of direct and indirect buffs in RoA while mages took several nerfs.

Nerf Destroyer a little closer to how they were in DF1 and/or give mages something back like Eyerot/Pungent... maybe even nerf melee damage in general a little bit. Talking like 5-10%

Melee has ALWAYS been the strongest thing in every version of Darkfall and I prefer longer TTK in a full loot game anyway.

Explain to me how it's ok for Destroyer to have the highest protections, improved
    healing over DF1, scale better with high end gear, have better potential in group fights especially regarding synergy with a pocket support buffer/healer, better in close quarters/ water/ and any kind of terrain other than open field, AND the highest burst DPS?

Do you realize how obviously insanely retarded that is to anyone coming from a different game?

You ALSO have them an extra free archery specialization slot over DF1 so they don't even have to choose where to be stronger.

It's like you combined the best parts of being warrior, rogue, berserker, and hunter into one class and took away half of their DF1 drawbacks

Sticky backing is also the easiest thing in this game to get good at so why WOULDN'T you play Destroyer (aside from the fact that it's boring and simplistic as fuck and needs slightly more gear investment)

Give mage DF1 eyerot back/ higher pungent mist damage, add an infernal/ Dragon equivalent of a higher tier boneset/ robe and a 5-10% melee/destroyer damage nerf and ill shut up.

I like your optimism.
    --- Post updated ---
    Not only does new Eyerot NOT do damage it also doesn't blind, doesn't debuff, and can only be used like 1/3rd as often

Most of BPG plays Destroyer and it shows.

Methodico likes this.
  17. franchisee

franchisee Wildtribe Mage

That is inaccurate... There an amazing concept called encumbrance that was implemented for this very reason. If you wanted to target protection's of a destroyer specifically. All you would have to do is initialize ratio'd protection penalties when a character has Mage Killer or Destroyer purchased. This is LITERALLY a fix to your current problem.

You could do the same for damage, allowing non staff hit's to be lowered more easily for a better balance of melee vs melee with mage vs destroy. while making a destroyer have to play more on transitions and the ability to deal massive staff damage.

And to answer Nelk's question. Damage overall should not be raised, just a correction of the discrepancy's that came indirectly from some of bpg's changes made in the difference of damage between mage melee vs heavy melee.

Also I said it in Alpha and Beta... melee damage never needed to be fucked with. The range needed to be shortened. This alone would of increased the TTK without any of the mess ups and insane amount of time invested in changing, correcting, and reverting combat
    --- Post updated ---

This is 100% factual, I pointed it out on the initial changes they made that sent protections overboard when it took 2 min to melee down a destroyer in infernal.

The formula ratio's for protections were only properly calculated and balanced for dfo's protections per armor. Past that there is a drastic reduction in damage per increase in protections. The changes BPG made caused the protections of heavier armor's to be higher causing the damage discrepancy.

#37 franchisee, Aug 24, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    Battle Smurf, Slayven and Methodico like this.
  18. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

LOL.

19. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

Armchair development is amazing.

20. franchisee

franchisee Wildtribe Mage

Okay, I'll stoop to your level Mr. Professional.

Fun Fact: Armchair development is typically very successful especially when a skilled developer lacks understanding on design, structure, and lacks the overall ability to be professional, take on criticism, and accept suggestions that may be superior to that of their own.

Because that imbecile can be replaced without an entire business model being destroyed with it.

Standoffish, defiant, oppositional, and contrary are amazing personality traits, good thing you have all of them. Many people are on here bashing you guy's, I'm simply discussing issues, offering solutions, and you've literally attacked me in every response. Get your head out of your ass. You've ignored so many good suggestions throughout the years purely on the fact of your dislike towards some of us.

Good job on spending your time today responding with rash post's and being argumentive an disrespectful for like the 1000th time to someone who suggest solutions to your problems that don't align with your own.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.