Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Friendly Reminder...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sero, Aug 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Cairn Giant
    Legend Streamer Contributor

Seems fine to me :3

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Methodico likes this.
  2. franchisee

franchisee Akathar

Arrow's beta finale video.

Full infernal with a melee protection cross buff. Rex still hit's him for 37 dmg with a r70
    --- Post updated ---
    Are you saying you are going to mess with combat yet again?

Because if you're not then it is a simple solution. The variable's in the formula are a constant unless you plan on messing with damage in melee or melee protections... And even if you did at least you would have a system in place that allows you to effectively and efficiently alter those numbers... Right now there's a discrepancy without a system in place to even fix it..

Sero likes this.
  3. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Oof.

Sique does more damage with a JB than I do currently with a .97 R70. OOOOOOOOOOF.

Revert and wipe.

#63 Sero, Aug 25, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  4. Chantree

Chantree Dire Zombie
    Wealthy Legend

Well if destro is so op, how about you vets do another 1v1 tourny with Arrow playing mage.
    My bet is Arrow still wins lmao.

5. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

LOLOL EKS DD D D D D D.

LMAO.

YoU'rE sO rIghT AHAHAHAHAH!

Go back to Calf.

6. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

At the top - Mage wins.

Even if you land all 90% of your bow shots - you'll lose against people that play like Squanto more than they lose to you. One must play flawlessly as a Destro to beat a Mage at that level(and carry 200 steedgrass, ~100 panacea, and 900 of each reg).

However, for the majority of people, they don't play at that level and don't understand what's required of each side - nor do they actively play both Mage and Destro at the highest level possible to have an objective view on balance.

I keep mentioning playing at the top because you should balance around the top players.

7. franchisee

franchisee Akathar

Are you saying you are going to mess with combat yet again?

Because if you're not then it is a simple solution. The variable's in the formula are a constant unless you plan on messing with damage in melee or melee protections... And even if you did at least you would have a system in place that allows you to effectively and efficiently alter those numbers...
    First and foremost this is not meant to discredit you as a player. You've consistently been in the top 5% in DFO and 1% in ROA since you've played the game

But I want to disagree a bit with this. Luck proved this wrong the entirety of DFO. Then lets compare you as the best destroyer in ROA at your prime. You wrecked kid's and sticky back was insane but at the end of the day your decision making overall with transition, psychological strategy, bow aim, timing to dodge wasn't truly top level compared to lucks. The best reference for you to hopefully acknowledge is how many times you would get .5'd in a team fight due to miss positioning. I legit only know one time ever that luck died in less than 10 seconds and it was to me under elish with a full to dead sticky in a 3v4 that we lost anyways due to nexox dc'ing. If anyone recalls another time plz share.

In other words, the player who has actually disproven this in their time didn't make the mistakes that the best destro's in ROA make. But with the buffs being good regardless is compensated due to all the buff's destroyer received.

With you playing so recklessly still almost no one could beat you 1v1 except maybe Squanto and arrow. You didn't have to burn ppl out with terrain and play super strategically. You literally were able to press parry and straight line into them. Also most importantly you also played with the only players who could contest you giving them practice and allowing them to develop their own strategy to beat you.

At the end of the day if the same level of destroyer luck was in DFO played in ROA with the evolved level of gameplay all of us received and with the buffs the destroyer has. I do not think Arrow or Squanto could beat them.

I do think Arrow would of destroyed Luck In this iteration of darkfall without the destroyer buffs though.

But that can never be proven so history writes

Best Player in DFO - Luck
    Best Player in ROA - Arrow

#67 franchisee, Aug 25, 2019
  8. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

No it doesn't. It doesn't matter if all a mage can do is run, he'll never be able to actually win the fight if the destro doesn't chase like an idiot.

franchisee likes this.
  9. franchisee

franchisee Akathar

100p

And there's also not a destroyer in ROA that could ski like luck. Animal's assessment is due to his experience with chasing. And skiing was always Animal's weakest attribute. He admitted it openly quite often.

10. Kael Trighton

Kael Trighton Deadeye
    Benefactor Tester

Welcome to kilrainfall

11. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

Squanto's way of beating destros is the entire opposite of how I do it....

Squanto runs and resets with non-stop debuffs until he finds a favorable reset.

I big dick transition and position myself where destros are weakest(almost immediately outside of melee range). Ask a good destro when they last beat me while I was playing as mage, then ask them if I bothered to cast debuffs.

We all build our playstyle around our preferences. I dislike running and prefer to win every engagement(which mind you is fucking INFINITELY harder than resetting non-stop).

Keep in mind - I'm a better mage than I am destro(anyone that thinks otherwise is an idiot).

Also, @franchisee, Luck constantly lost to people like Elenae, Bluehorn, and Mag because they played exactly like Squanto. I know people cling onto the videos, but plenty of fights that weren't recorded showed that Luck wasn't nearly as dominant as people played him out to be. Hell, did anyone record the 2v2 of Me+Mkultra vs Lucky+Drocky? Luck went 0 for 13 against me in melee because I was sidestepping his brains out.

And... "decision making overall with transition, psychological strategy, bow aim, timing to dodge": What? My bow aim is better, not a single person seems to have caught on how to sidestep for dodging in spite of me doing it for years, my playstyle is build solely around melee and transitions - which plays into psychology(which is also why you'll see everyone literally doing anything they can to stay out of melee with me). Let's also not forget that Luck played like 16 hours a day. I was playing a few hours a week and still stomping out people when DF was at its most competitive regarding top talent.

My entire playstyle is built around pressuring the other person into either giving their back or landing as many hits as I do. That's about as consistent of a mind fuck you can manage in DF.

TLDR: Mage is stronger than destro for top players. Always has been. Always will be.

#71 Animal, Aug 25, 2019
  12. The Red King

The Red King Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

I play the same, I don’t like to reset and I am pretty shit at it anyways cause I never practice it.

You have any videos where Luck got shat on? I know that’s not a word but it fits. Personally I felt in DF Mag was the only guy who beat Luck and it was due to counter play in tourneys. I honestly don’t recall anyone posting a video where Luck just got destroyed.

Sero likes this.
  13. Not_Primetime

Not_Primetime Winterbound
    Wealthy Legend

The top 5% are all hackers and exploiters, from the past to the current. Look at the Ban hammer their names are all over the place not just once but multiple times. They change there name and clans trying to run and hide from the truth but the Ban hammer sees all. We all know about certain players in UW and their reprise hacking at the beginning of ROA, they are blatant and unapologetic hacker so much so that they think they are great player who are seers of all thing game-mechanics and the developers should listen to their ideas over others.

Balancing the game based on these pathetic losers is absurd. This is why there is no population, get .5'd by one of these guys and look them up on the ban hammer and still playing the game like nothing happened. But if they banned these people they'ed have no player base at all. Which is the true definition of "Dead". Of course now that I say this BPG will probably just get rid of the ban hammer "nothing to see here move along".

MaxiHori, The Cannibal and Methodico like this.
  14. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

IDK who you're talking about, but since I consider myself top 5% i'll assume it's me.

First: Your blanket statement is absurd, and you're an idiot.

Second:
    This little bit... Is HILARIOUS. Especially when followed by:
    Seeing as how every change they've made since beta has been to cater to "Casual" players. Where are they again? No where to be found?
    Gotchya.

15. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

@The Red King Anita and Elenae didn't record much, but I know Anita has 2 clips of beating Luck near Harjik. I think I have two recordings somewhere on my channel of Luck getting dicked down. Elenae almost never lost to Luck. Luck would just run away when he saw Elenae's name. lol

The difference that people don't realize - Gear and stat disparity aren't an issue in RoA, but they were a huge fucking deal in DFO. Take a look at the standard bag people are wearing. They're taking 70+ dmg to the back from bow shots and doing like 20-30 damage with direct hit spells(with slower casting because they probably didn't have 100 quicken spells in every/any school). The HP pools were different between mages and heavies because most people playing mage focused on leveling their int and schools before melee grinding for mastery and HP.

Put a genius in a room full of mostly idiots and he'll seem like a god. Put in a genius in a room full of other geniuses and he'll seem relatively average. RoA just has, on average, more skilled players and less of a difference between gear and stats. If you stand out on RoA, then you sure as fuck would have stood out in DF.

16. franchisee

franchisee Akathar

I'm sorry but every encounter I ever saw luck have with elenae.. Elenae lost. In the 1v1 tourneys, in duels in espenhal when a large group of us dueled all night, even also embarrassingly while fighting elenae outnumbered in multiple videos.

Elenae was not one of the top mages based on skill, he was a much lesser form of Squanto. Any show casing fight Elenae won was from constantly running till the chaser took too much ski dmg and he was able to get the upper hand. Mag has literally close to a dozen videos of Elenae.

17. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

Here we go again... I just said in 2 posts prior that people need to stop clinging to videos. lol

Elenae, Mag, and Anita beat Luck plenty AND look at how piss poor Elenae is playing in that clip you linked. That's literally C Tier gameplay in RoA.

18. franchisee

franchisee Akathar

This is a clip of me losing to Luck the very first time I ever fought him. I had been playing less than 6 months at the time. He got a stupid amount of arrow shot's off on me and I only had a q2 blackbolt which was enough to put me under but even then I got him far lower than elenae did in his video.

The only other people I witnessed give luck a problem was breakqop, umberto, and mag. But that's just my opinion based on what I seen. I never saw elenae give luck a problem and his aim was never good enough to convince me otherwise.

19. Not_Primetime

Not_Primetime Winterbound
    Wealthy Legend

Are you on the ban hammer list? So why would you think I'm talking about you? Guilty conscience for sure.

20. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

Luck lost to people plenty. They just didn't press their Bandicam button to record often enough.

He always had a pocket zergling waiting to kill you if you won anyway.

Thrill Kill and franchisee like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.