Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Fugless

Discussion in 'Clan Discussion' started by Bladra, May 18, 2017.

1. Bladra

Bladra Chosen of Khamset
    Tester Contributor

I was messaged yesterday morning by The Boss and Marius about the player Fugless. They were concerned with the amount of materials he was selling for less than material cost. I assured them that it had to be due to members selling in guild chat and he was purchasing and selling at a loss for skill gain, at least that was the response he have me when I questioned him.

Before I could efficiently investigate however it was brought to my attention that he, a member of our community, was caught in association with duping.

Upon investigation, including open admittance from the member it was determined that Fugless Dupresse (or however you spell the name also known in DFUW as Bleu Strong was caught duping items.

Essentially he would dupe items and then try to launder them through another member who had no idea the items were duped, Monkey. He was finally caught when Monkey messaged a GM and asked if it was even possible to have the quantity of items Fugless was attempting to move through him.

Upon investigation on the BPG side they determined what the duplicate items were and safely removed them from the game without causing any issue to the persistence of the server.

Gentlemen Gaming wishes to apologize on behalf of Monkey to those who had transactions with him as they likely ended up losing gold in the end as the items were retrieved.

We would also like to salute Monkey for doing the right thing and questioning a GM when something did not seem right, had he not done so this issue may have gotten worse and affect more people.

Gentlemen Gaming would also like to salute the devs in a quick, efficient, and clean resolution to the problem

Fugless is currently banned (per himself until a developer responds to agree) from Rise of Agon.

As a reminder, we here at Gentlemen Gaming have a 0 tolerance policy to hacking and exploitation
    As such
    Fugless is also permenantly banned from Gentlemen Gaming as a community.

I will be accepting questions in the matter and attempt to answer them as quickly as possible.

Thank you all and have a good day in Agon.

#1 Bladra, May 18, 2017
    Last edited: May 18, 2017
    Benevolence, Drago, Rimamok and 12 others like this.
  2. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

He pretty much had dupe in his name.

3. The Boss

The Boss Skeleton Archer

You're welcome guys.

4. Clarence Swamptown

Clarence Swamptown Black Knight
    Legend

Fast and efficient. Thanks to you guys and BPG. Yet Maejohl is still crying.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  5. Hook

Hook Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Lol you fucking shifting me?!?! Nice try to save face but I'm guessing you are only doing so because you guys got caught. I remember in dfo people from gentlemen exploiting/hacking and changing the protections on armor, not to mention all the gold that noob striker bought off of player auctions.

Don't try to act like gentlemen gameing is some kind of serious guild or noob friendly guild. Sure you might have a lot of noobs in guild but how many of them are you takeing advantage of.

6. Bladra

Bladra Chosen of Khamset
    Tester Contributor

We actually are a noob friendly guild and this is not "some attempt to save face" otherwise it would have all been swept under the rug over time.

Noobstriker was in that video umberto uploaded (attempting) to alter protections from DFO (2009 I believe was the year?) Per my conversation with umberto at launch I assured him that it was a stupid young action and that he would never do something like that again.

Also we have not taken advantage of any new player and if any of them feel that we have wrong them in any way, I urge them to please message me and I can keep it confidential or if they would like to discuss it publicly they can post here without fear of retaliation.

Kilset, Fengor, Navlaan and 2 others like this.
  7. mariusp

mariusp New Member

Hire Spicer to do these press releases.

In all seriousness, though, you mofos are welcome.

Bladra likes this.
  8. Anthrax

Anthrax Goblin Warlord

"The Gentlemen" AKA Gentlement Gaming has a shitty history no doubt.

I have no current knowledge of them but I know Bladra reasonably well from DFO and I seriously doubt he would condone or participate in any nonsense like duping/hacking/etc and I believe his original post.

koruun and Bladra like this.
  9. Bladra

Bladra Chosen of Khamset
    Tester Contributor

I joined up shortly before unholy wars launched, I recomended changing the name and after alot of resistence Senor agreed to go with "Who Cares" unfortunatly drama will follow you no matter what new imagine you make, we spent most of unholy wars being accused of the same shit even when we cut ties with people doing that shit in dfo.

This time around I figured the name means what people make it mean regardless, for us s its a strong gaming community dedicated to helping new and returning players, to others.... well they formulate their own opinions and the only thing I can do is remain transparent with them in situations like this.

#9 Bladra, May 18, 2017
    Last edited: May 18, 2017
    Mighty and koruun like this.
  10. Clarence Swamptown

Clarence Swamptown Black Knight
    Legend

ROA is a fresh start. Allow them to prove you wrong.

Fengor, Scrubby Bear, koruun and 3 others like this.
  11. Umberto

Umberto Spellgazer
    Staff Member

This is Rise of Agon, not Darkfall Online. Whatever was or wasn't done in the past is irrelevant. In ROA, Gentlemen Gaming have taken in many new players and have had a positive impact on the overall health of the player-base. This is a new game with a fresh start for everyone, and players/clans should be judged based on that.

12. Bojangles

Bojangles Varangian Warthane
    Legend

server needs a fresh start.....

13. koruun

koruun Gravelord

Actually, as the officer in charge of guiding and helping new players, that's exactly what we are - a newbie-friendly clan. Even as far back as late 2010 the Gentlemen were aiding new players. I created a guide around that time and spent most of my time helping newbies when nobody else would. Hating a clan is one thing, and understandable, but taking your ill-conceived anger out in an inconsistent and grammar-lacking post is hardly the way support any position or emotion you have.

Navlaan, Incanuth Archbane and Bladra like this.
  14. RuptureXX

RuptureXX Deadeye

Wts brigs 10k ea

Jakyocaw, koruun and Bladra like this.
  15. Bladra

Bladra Chosen of Khamset
    Tester Contributor

Newest meme

koruun likes this.
  16. merkmerk73

merkmerk73 Earth Elemental

I was in Gentlemen for a little while. They were very noob friendly. I had to leave b/c of getting war dec griefed in town all the time.

They never asked or bothered people for anything beyond the usual "hey guys we're trying to finish the city so we need gold/wood/stone donations if you have any"

That's it.

I think the shadiest thing was there is a dude named Suncross I think that went with a big dungeon run and jacked some clannies loot and other shit and then logged off before he could get ganked along with the rest of us

17. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

Wasn't you in the same clan that was exploiting the nectar of the gods in beta? lol you wasn't crying for a restart then.

Korag likes this.
  18. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

Don't forget we also banged all the moms so many times, slapped at least twenty two eleven puppies and delayed both rick and morty season 3 and half life 3.

Fengor and Oresmacker like this.
  19. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Goblin Warrior

I would ask that every play in this guild and othere guilds cought duping have every crafting skills reset to 0 . Every player. This isn't vengeance this is punishment

Drago likes this.
  20. Bladra

Bladra Chosen of Khamset
    Tester Contributor

You monster!!!

This is the most retarded suggestion ever. Ignoring the things you have to just "believe me" in you are talking about resetting the skills of over 250 players for the actions of one person nobody knew about.

Actions that were reported to GMs by the very guildies you want to see punished.

Actions that already cost several guildies thousands of gold as he more or less scammed them and the received no compensation for the removal of his counterfeit materials.

Now shifting gears, the duped items were removed and don't you think BPG had the hindsight to utilize their persistence tracking to determine who those players traded large quantities to?

#20 Bladra, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017