Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Fugless

Discussion in 'Clan Discussion' started by Bladra, May 18, 2017.

1. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Goblin Warrior

How many crafting skills got pushed befor the ban . Server reset or rest every guild players crafting to 0

2. Sintan

Sintan Black Knight
    Affluent Legend

no?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Scrubby Bear and Fengor like this.
  3. Shady

Shady New Member

This only makes sense if he was duping raw mats that you can actually use for crafting. I haven't heard of any evidence that he was. So how does duping a ship increase peoples crafting skills?

4. Sintan

Sintan Black Knight
    Affluent Legend

Mats were duped. That's how he got to the skill to make the ships. That still doesn't justify killing the game. The offender was caught and the items were deleted. If they wipe my crafting which I did legit with the help of my clan and we all worked our asses off to do so I'm out and I'm positive most others would be as well.

5. Bladra

Bladra Chosen of Khamset
    Tester Contributor

Id be down for specific players getting wiped of crafting skills. For instance people that received thousands of materials and didnt pay anything in trade to the players had to know something was up

6. Nef

Nef Ghost

Wonder if their persistence tracking works on dropped goods......... @Andrew

7. Phorr

Phorr Skeleton Archer
    Legend

TBH given our past reputation and open recruitment policy I would welcome the gms and admins to keep a more careful eye on us. We have nothing to hide as a clan, I'm confident we have honest members who will report suspicious players but given that everyone is wor
    Sorry you had to leave. We were an obvious target for war decs with so many new members. If you haven't found a new home yet, all of our wars have expired and the cost to declare new Wars is so prohibitive it's unlikely they will be exploited in such fashion again.

There were a few dungeon runs that were particularly bad, but I don't remember anyone accusing Suncross after one. We have some etiquette breaches right now but I think they are mostly done out of ignorance rather than maliciousness. Noobs will learn and the bad eggs will be kicked but it takes time.

#27 Phorr, May 20, 2017
    Last edited: May 20, 2017
  8. Khazgol

Khazgol Deadeye
    Hero

I can appreciate the message of fresh start, fresh game, but am I the only one that finds it a little weird that a Dev is defending a clan on the fourms? Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but given you have a few players complaining of favoritism, would a post like this serve to give weight to that claim or no? Not saying that you ARE showing favoritism here, but you have to consider how certain things can be perceived.

9. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem
    Staff Member BPG Representative

The message was meant as a PSA for all clans and vets. Darkfall: Online is the past and Rise of Agon should be a fresh start for all was the message Umberto was trying to convey.

Border Patrol, Ylahoto, Mycke and 3 others like this.
  10. Khazgol

Khazgol Deadeye
    Hero

Sorry Andrew, I didn't mean for my post to sound like a direct attack on the Developers, and I can understand how it may have put some of the defensive. The message was received loud and clear, and I don't disagree with it. I think perhaps the context in which it was delivered struck me as a little strange.

11. Uzik

Uzik Wildtribe Mage
    Legend

His name might as well have been Alty McDupenstein.

Jakyocaw, Mycke, Navlaan and 2 others like this.
  12. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

So all of the newbs that told me how you attempt to strong arm them into joining you is a lie? I have had several tell me how your guys go to a spawn and asking people to join and when they refuse your guild would kill and loot them, and that is what you call Gentlemen Gaming
    --- Post updated ---
    Ya don't act like yall didn't use the exploit or least several didn't.

13. Bladra

Bladra Chosen of Khamset
    Tester Contributor

How do you get strongarmed into joining anyone in this game?

You either join or dont. If you join sweet we help you out, if you don't you either get to walk away or die depending how new you seem.

Fengor and koruun like this.
  14. koruun

koruun Gravelord

As the person hat has invited or accepted the vast majority of new players to the clan, I can say with absolute certainty that your story is indeed a lie, and a bad one at that, whether you yourself fabricated it or not. Like I've said in a previous post, we attract so many new players because we appeal to that demographic – if others, such as yourself perhaps, are salty about this for whatever reason, it would be more prescient to look at why those respective clans don't attract said demographic. The Gentlemen have been helping and guiding new players since 2010 and once more in RoA, and the amount of players that we have been able to accommodate is the product of a system we have slowly set up after trial and error. Being a newbie-friendly and accommodating clan takes a lot more than merely inviting and piling the numbers. You need to be able to deal with the same questions day in and day out, explain complexities of the game that are necessary to learn, and in many respects show them the best that the game has to offer. There are many issues that arise such as battle looting, melee clustering, skill advancement that new players are normally unaware of, and that need to be addressed. The numbers we are experiencing are certainly testing out capabilities but honestly, in the end, its worth it if it helps retain more new players to the game and show them what an amazing world Agon is.

Bladra and Incanuth Archbane like this.
  15. Suncross

Suncross Ghost

Aight yall the moral of the story is gentlemen is good dudes, and they receive my royal forumfall pardon.

Fengor likes this.
  16. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Ya don't act like yall didn't use the exploit or least several didn
    I mean nice dodge>? Cause I literally told you exactly what I was told not by 1 but by multiple new players.
    --- Post updated ---
    Yes I do this daily myself and have an entire clan of my own full of new players, and that would be where I heard this story, some new players that were killed in this very way for refusing to join.

17. merkmerk73

merkmerk73 Earth Elemental

Holy shit fake news

Let me guess those are anonymous sources and officials reading a memo to you over the phone about this?

koruun and Bladra like this.
  18. koruun

koruun Gravelord

No offense but I've never heard of you doing so; nevertheless if you really are trying to help new players that's great and I hope you continue to do so! Like I mentioned I've recruited most of the players, and out of those roughly 110 to 130 players (who are new and are not the core of members that we already had) maybe 100 joined through application. The other 30 or so were invited by me whenever I encountered a clanless player that seemed to be new - first I message them, and then I invite them at the same time. If they ignore or say no I move on and tell them they can message me if they need any help, but I certainly don't kill them so not only are these accusations baseless but they're quite honestly insulting. Most of my gold, regs, mats, armor and time has gone to new players, I've been dedicated to this cause since 2010 and anyone that has played with me in game can attest that this would never happen.

#38 koruun, May 21, 2017
    Last edited: May 21, 2017
    Bladra likes this.
  19. Bladra

Bladra Chosen of Khamset
    Tester Contributor

What clan?
    Because your the only person who has said anything negative about our new player experience.

koruun likes this.
  20. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Yes I do this daily myself and have an entire clan of my own full of new players, and that would be where I heard this story, some new players that were killed in tr
    I am in this same forum with a post regarding my recruiting (Mana Missile Militia) and I have several new players, had 2 join little over a week ago that told me they had gentlemen do exactly what I said. but with 200 members I do not know how anyone of you can make a claim that it is "fake News" when you have over 200 members, they did not offer names just that it was said and when they refused they were killed.