Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Full-Lenth PK Documentary: A slaughter like never before seen

Discussion in 'Rise of Agon Videos' started by Fenrir Frauki, May 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrW

mrW Black Knight
    Legend

Sadly there is not enough of players like you to keep the game sustainable population wise. In open world full-loot PvP game PKing is always bound to happen, however encouraging and allowing players go full ham like this without any possible repercussions (besides a small chance that someone will come gank you after you already made 5 newbies ragequit the game) is not good for the longevity of the game.

Also, I don't think this is an issue with one's gameplay/playstyle (being a PK), merely a game allowing it to such extent or without any safeguards to keep the newbie population intact.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #41 mrW, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
    kingp43, Pink Taco and Fenrir Frauki like this.
  2. Nef

Nef Ghost

Nothing to see here. Just some dude killing naked newbies trying to ruin the game. And when a single person casts a fireball at him he's out like a chicken shit the second someone puts up a fight. lol

kingp43, Sique, Xipos<3 and 3 others like this.
  3. Kol Taggar

Kol Taggar Celestial
    Loyal Legend

This is why a dislike button needs to exist

Ruenkiller, Fenrir Frauki and Fengor like this.
  4. Crunchbert

Crunchbert Undead Dwarf

what people dont get is that this is a open pvp game. If people cant kill nubs then they might aswell make the entire green zone a no pvp zone. And then people will know they are safe all the time and only go out to pvp in pvp zones when they want to, and at that point you just have runescape with minecraft with magic pvp. If you want the game to actually be hardcore open pvp you need to deal wit hthe fact that its hardcore open pvp. That means people get killed.

And I've learned how to get away from people trying to kill me. Kids cant just sit around and kill goblins all day that wont make them better. Nothing teaches a noob how to adapt more then getting killed. And if they cant adapt and get better they wont last anyway.

and if 1 guy killing nubs is going to kill the game then its going to die anyway. So at that point might aswell have fun.

and yes killing a nub 10 mins into the game would be bad but guess what you cant do that theres 24h newbie protection. And at that point if they get killed they can deal, its not my fault they dropped their protection, they didnt have to. If you drop your newbie protection they get killed and quit you prob didnt belong here.

Kwatos and Fenrir Frauki like this.
  5. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Just a noob killing other noobs nothing to see here =0.

Fenrir Frauki likes this.
  6. JetBoom

JetBoom Crypt Guard

good vid. better thread.

7. Down Syndrome

Down Syndrome Fire Elemental
    Legend

You ran from the only people to fight back like a scared little bitch:coldsweat:. Kills noobs:anguished:, crys about zergs:cry:, probably got bullied in school:fearful:, gotta flex that e-penis:triumph:. Your mother would be proud of you, you're elite!:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

8. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Black Knight
    Hero

By all means I intended to play launch just like this. This is how I played Darkfall 1. Yes, things have changed, and we vets obviously can bully the noobies as they try to learn the basics....

While things have changed a bit... I will tell you this. Some players may quit over Fenrir, however, the ones that would have stuck around any way are most likely inspired by their encounter with him. The game needs its bad guys. By getting beat by the bad guy early in the game, it gives them something to strive for within the game. The noobs that will stick around are now grinding with the purpose of learning the game and getting stronger so they can one day shit on Mr. Fenrir here.

I roleplayed the bad guy very well in Darkfall 1. Some people quit over it, others played to obtain strength in order to beat me.

By making essences/skill gains a lootable item... they made it to where there is every reason to be out and shanking noobs to max our characters even fster, they actually mde it support this play style more so. So I agree... Don't hate the player, hate the game.

9. jefftxp

jefftxp Deadeye

I still think the best way to combat this is to have strong Blues that protect newbies. I guess right now that is hard to ask for since most blues are weak, but back in DFO there were a lot of powerful Blues who hung around Heart of Eanna and such that would chase off Reds all the time. Some of my most fun DFO days were these encounters.

I'm staying blue simply so I can fight back against these PKers. But I also suck so we need more protectors

kingp43, Fenrir Frauki and TryHard like this.
  10. Squanto

Squanto Black Knight
    Legend

Guarantee this kid will be one of the first ones in 3-4 months to cry 'Games dead'.
    Glad he made a video showing why.

I am literally the furthest person away from the carebear mindset and mentality, but watching this video honestly made me angry. Probably half of these noobs killed in this vid are going to quit.

Sure, you can say "Oh if they die and quit, they wouldn't make it in this game anyway". Its the same thing I say when I tradegank people, but these people literally JUST bought the game. They log on and are looking to have fun, and are instantly shit on and lose literally everything they have. What is the point in spending hours catching up when you can just go play a game of CSGO and go to bed? There are casual sheep players that we need in the game, and it sucks to see them quit so early.

Is it really worth losing potentially hundreds of players just so you can gain a few thousand gold and regs? Also keep in mind if you wait until they have a better understanding of the game before shitting on them for all of their items, you get better items in bigger quantities and have better fights. Oh, and not to mention better player retention.

I know im going to get trolled because of this post considering my past and playstyle, but I honestly feel this way and had to post.

kingp43, Fenrir Frauki and Bartlebe like this.
  11. trammiesurprise

trammiesurprise Wildtribe Mage
    Legend

Bad ass Sig Squanto!

12. dfpotm

dfpotm New Member

You guys act like its the players fault. Like the players should exert some kind of "e-honor". Its not about the players, its ALWAYS about the game design.

kingp43 and Fenrir Frauki like this.
  13. mrW

mrW Black Knight
    Legend

14. Featherbeans

Featherbeans Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor Hero

Who wasn't expecting this to happen, really.
    I can't condone nor subscribe this kind of behaviour, but making a video out of it it's kind of bad taste.
    Despite that, it was fun to watch tbh rotfl.
    Those players that actually just run away in a straight line...

Nevertheless, the video exposes what some of the game mechanics allow. Now it's up to BPG.

#54 Featherbeans, May 13, 2017
    Last edited: May 13, 2017
  15. Fenrir Frauki

Fenrir Frauki Windlord
    Loyal Supporter

I had one of the newer players killed in this video message me in-game yesterday & tell me nice vid, I responded with: "Thanks, the nerds on the boards are crying a river over it right now." His response: "Tell them to get gud."

Here's an idea for the vets who are claiming to truly care about the game: Spend the first 2 weeks helping out new players instead of spending the first 2 weeks trying to get ahead of the other vets. Too bad none of you will actually do it, and would rather blame players like me for going out of my way to kill noobs when you aren't willing to go out of your way to help them. The irony is next-level, get off your high horses & practice what you preach.

Exactly. I love watching the salty tears flow in from the 'vets' who simply aren't as good at hunting newbies down as I am. Meanwhile the actual new players are enjoying this video and worshiping me (as they should) when they see me in-game. I got everything I wanted & then some from posting this video, keep smashing that dislike button boys!

Donaddor Lightbringer likes this.
  16. Lexendros

Lexendros Infernal
    Legend

This is cringe worthy.

Fenrir Frauki, Sique and Fengor like this.
  17. QuasiDoc

QuasiDoc Goblin Warrior

I really want to say its a good video, but its not. I am one of the noobs you killed at min 6 - I was on my first day just learning rotations, where to go ect, much less 1v1. Now i'm a older player and no stranger to open world pvp - I expect to get gank'd from time to time. The problem is, that's not what you're doing. You're literally trying to run new players out of the game - And even worse, you're bragging about it. There's no honor in what you do, Happy. There's no skill - This is not good pvp.

Now i'm not gonna rage. I'm not gonna quit. I'll just try to get stronger and get revenge. But at the end of the day, you're just a kid braggin about killing players who do not know how to play. At the end of it all, what separates you from the rest is you're out to destroy the game. And if im a dev, id be looking at you and thinking, this bitch is taking my money! If i had it my way, you'd be banned for a week or more. This game needs more people. It needs more pvp and more attention. You sir are killing that - Hope you're happy.

Be warned, devs, this kid is running players and your money away.

kingp43, Leo Woods, Nat and 3 others like this.
  18. Fenrir Frauki

Fenrir Frauki Windlord
    Loyal Supporter

I remember you, 5 guys rushed me begoning after me right after I got done looting you. You are the exact reason I don't feel bad for a second about farming newbies like they're monsters.

Killa162 likes this.
  19. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Black Knight
    Hero

lol.

20. Drago

Drago Deadeye

You had minimal player interaction cause the alignment system is broken. You cant pvp as a newbie in ROA. In original DFO you could kill everyone that was not in your race alliance without alignment hit. That was removed in favour of everyone being blue to each other, therefore untill you have your title quests and can live out of a chaos / clan city going red is not the best option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.