Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Full revert to pre combat changes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grimtide, Dec 22, 2018.

?

FULL Revert, not half measure

1. Yes

2. No

3. Yes but keep this feature in (explain below)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hook

Hook Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

you could also say that when they started reverting it back, people started coming back to play.

Leo Woods and Isaac Clarke like this.
  2. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Frostjarl
    Wealthy

@Neilk
    Is this possible?
    BPG bought rights from AV
    BPG then started to implement changes to the game with out being completely familiar with the coding. People that were familiar with it no longer work for BPG. Some ex employees even ninja patched stuff in.
    So is it even slightly possible that a change BPG added to the game snowballed into bigger problems? Number wise? Front loading didnt mess with ttk? Rounding off skills to 5 instead of 1-100 didnt effect game play pvp wise at all?
    If that is not possible ill say no to revert.
    All people are asking for is a revert back to when were 100% sure the game works...then patch in stuff.
    --- Post updated ---
    i notice some people with a vocal voice on the forums were some of your top donors.

3. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

No that's not possible. Nothing was ninja'd except for some accidental change to greatsword r80 Dest put in one time.

Skills didn't change to 5 in the background, the underlying formula still uses 1-100. It's only displayed as 1-5 in the GUI to simplify for new players.

Are you trying to say we should listen to whoever gives the most money?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Leo Woods likes this.
  4. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Frostjarl
    Wealthy

How can something like whats happening with city buffs enter the game if it was not in DF1?
    What change did that? Would you have noticed if no one posted a video? If your sayings theres no possible way more bugs like this dont lie lurking in the numbers cause of changes bpg added its whatever

Just saying, you shouldn't say we dont listen to these kinda people is all

#24 JEDIMind, Dec 22, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  5. Neilk

Staff Member Team Lead

We didn't touch city buffs, i'll be investigating that bug soon to see what the cause is.

I wasn't saying we don't listen to these people, I was saying we need to listen to all people and the majority have voted for changes in the combat polls.

Leo Woods and Fengor like this.
  6. Synna

Synna Black Knight
    Legend

You sure you don't want to do another repoll @Neilk ? 3rd times the charm to get the votes to be the way you all want them to come out

7. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Frostjarl
    Wealthy

This is my main point....YOU DID NOT TOUCH CITY BUFFS but now theyre fucked up. Im trying to say things you added messed with stuff else where and you dont know about it yet cause no ones made a video.

How do you not see it dude? Youre literally telling me you have no idea how it happened and it didnt come from you guys messing with it.
    this proves right here changes you added somewhere not even related to combat messed with numbers related to combat and 30mins ago you said its not possible.

#27 JEDIMind, Dec 22, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  8. Auron

Auron Celestial
    Hero

Bpg make the poll...now we have the result and they prepare the pacth for revert some part of the combat gameplay....where is the problem?

9. Isaac Clarke

Isaac Clarke Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

I see Neilk stopped deleting threads/posts he doesn't like and instead just ignores them.

The people voting in polls like this on your forums are only clan leaders, people of influence, dedicated veterans. You know, the people that stay with the game through thick and thin. They're people that when one of them logs on, 10 or 20 more do as well.

The majority of the spam bots in your BPG poll wouldn't even play or know about RoA without the people posting and voting in this thread.

What do we know though... right guys?

10. White Mamba

White Mamba Goblin Warlord

Keep back dmg reduced
    Keep WoF shared cd
    Keep self buffs removed (cause boring af having to cast 20 buffs)

11. Neilk

Staff Member Team Lead

Why are you trying to say a forum poll is valid more than website polls where much more people voted?

Forum polls are spammable with alt/new accounts. You can't vote in the website poll unless you have actually purchased something from the store and we have checks in place to detect any possible spamming.

Yes all were voted to keep

Leo Woods likes this.
  12. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

So everyone but you and a few others in your mind are to fucking stupid to vote for what they like, or want? You have issue with believing that the vocal 10% are not what really makes up this game? Dude like for real get over yourself, your a good player but hardly matter anymore than anyone one else that plays this game.
    --- Post updated ---
    wow
    just out did yourself haha,
    "people shoudlnt vote cause they dont think the same way I do" you are now 100% a joke never to be taken seriously.
    --- Post updated ---
    game died before that lol,
    It also picked up to its highest point in a long ass time WITH the current combat
    yall need to get over yourselves

Leo Woods likes this.
  13. Isaac Clarke

Isaac Clarke Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

Because your poll is worded terribly and the state of combat with your changes is more convoluted than a bowl of spaghetti. More than half the people I've talked to openly admit they have no clue what they voted for because they don't even know what you've changed or reverted at this point.

All we want is a clean slate, a solid foundation to ensure the integrity of combat. We can make small tweaks from there.

How can you see damage bugged under city buffs and not be shitting your pants? Am I crazy?

14. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

game died before
    over dramatic but not crazy, it needs addressed but full revert is a huge waste if time and if your unable to comprehend that then there just isn't much help for you

15. kinglear

kinglear Black Knight

Because last time you stopped listening to the "vocal minority" and listened to the "majority" went so well..

All I know is that an overwhelming majority of people in this poll AND in the previous poll voted for a full revert, and instead we're reverting... needles? and giving destros more damage? thats all?

I can tell you that if those are the changes that go through after all of this is said and done combats ganna be so mangled, I've already stopped playing as much, that'll probably push me to finally be done

either way, pop is dying out, atlas is coming out, people are finding other games

revert combat or mangle it, either way times ticking

#35 kinglear, Dec 22, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  16. Sique

Sique Fire Giant
    Legend

The majority of players don’t understand combat and why it’s so fucked. It’s in such a shit state now and it’s only going to get worse after all these changes from the polls are made.

But it’s cool, keep listening to the majority and have them lead your game to the grave.

17. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

listening to vocal minority has gotten them so far, yall can keep making your "I am mad and quitting" post and threads all ya want. They need to make the game for masses not 30 people

18. kinglear

kinglear Black Knight

they wont have masses if they cant even keep 30 people..

Mimitis TheOne and Sique like this.
  19. Thomar

Thomar Goblin Warlord
    Hero

Umm free to play...

Featherbeans likes this.
  20. Sique

Sique Fire Giant
    Legend

And the masses have been coming in droves. How many times do people need to be told the most obvious shit ever?

What we need is NPE, content, pve additions/changes, fluff, etc. Things that actually matter. Combat changes barely affect new players especially considering it was already fine if they just did a few very small QOL changes like consolidating buffs/buff others. The people who care are veterans, and the changes BPG are making have been pushing them away from enjoying what they love about this game.

And I hope I don't need to explain why you need the retain the current population.

Mimitis TheOne and Copperfield like this.