Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Full revert to pre combat changes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grimtide, Dec 22, 2018.

?

FULL Revert, not half measure

1. Yes

2. No

3. Yes but keep this feature in (explain below)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Leopold Stotch

Leopold Stotch Dire Zombie
    Wealthy Loyal Hero

I would be okay with a full revert of combat if:

1. Self buffs are removed or condensed into less spells.

2. Buff other spells like range/melee haste remain longer range/shorter duration

A question I have would be what would happen to staff crafting? I feel like when staff crafting was introduced, it changed a fair amount of things. Would we be keeping the staff crafting profession/changes when we revert?

Billy Lee and Copperfield like this.
  2. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Buff others were like that pre big combat changes and staffs were actually in a better spot too.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Leo Woods

Leo Woods Dire Zombie

Am I the only one that thinks removing self buffs is a really fuckin good idea?

RoD likes this.
  4. chad

chad Infernal
    Loyal Hero

Maybe you should stop posting until you log in.

Uncle Jo, Scrubby Bear, Sique and 2 others like this.
  5. Leo Woods

Leo Woods Dire Zombie

I’ve been playing, haha. The removal of buffs is an incredible change. What a waste of time buffing before every fight. Everyone rolled the same buffs anyway lol.

Definitely a change for the better.

Mega, Battle Smurf and RoD like this.
  6. Copperfield

Copperfield Black Knight
    Legend

its easier to revert back to old df1 combat and then adjust things like selfbuffs.

- revert
    - polls about small changes
    - patch

3 simple steps

7. Leo Woods

Leo Woods Dire Zombie

I understand what you are saying, but I personally think that would be a pointless exercise. In my opinion the changes implemented by BPG to date are good changes, and are all in the best interest of combat. From my point of view, just because a number of veterans on the forums don’t agree with all of the changes that shouldn’t be a reason to revert. I think BPG know what they’re doing.

8. kinglear

kinglear Black Knight

and we understand what youre saying, we just think its erong. We think BPG have proven they have no idea what they’re doing.

Scrubby Bear, Sique and Scrapnotcrap like this.
  9. Leo Woods

Leo Woods Dire Zombie

BPG must be doing something right for the game to still be going now. Population is looking relatively healthy, and generally I believe people are optimistic about future population. Travel changes have been good. Quality of life changes have been excellent. Resource farming changes have been good. Just because in your opinion the combat changes aren’t in the right direction, that doesn’t mean BPG have no idea what they’re doing.

Korag likes this.
  10. kinglear

kinglear Black Knight

Travel changes have strong mixed opinions, farming changes are seen negatively, combat changes are almost universally regarded as negative, theres a trend. Pop is healthy because theres something to do for the time being (server war), but that literally only exists because so many people came back when they claimed they would revert combat, but post-poll (the one that told us our jesus patch was ganna be needles and more bow damage) pop started dipping again

But whatever, im glad mr leo woods is having a blast because you'll never get to experience the new combat with needles spam and destros running around unkillable with indestructible when the patch hits

11. Leo Woods

Leo Woods Dire Zombie

Personally, I don’t care too much about the detail of the changes. That isn’t my first priority, and it shouldn’t be yours or anyone else’s either. I care about the impact on the population that the changes have. I know you’re talking about the server war as the ‘sole’ force behind the population growth, however I’m sure you know yourself Mr Lear that the server war isn’t the only driving force behind the population increase.

If I’m seeing a positive and stable influx of players in direct correlation to the release of recent patches and changes then, to me, that is a clear indication that the implemented changes are of good doing.

I mean, the fact BPG are actually communicating frequently with the community is a good sign? Right? Definitely more than what previous companies’ of Darkfall renditions offered us.

I think we should be thankful that BPG seem to be active and actually have a direction for our dearly loved game.

Korag likes this.
  12. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

@Leo Woods pm me when you become open minded so that i can try harder to convince you about stuff. You like to reject every point that the vets make even when the majority of us have voted for stuff like ''revert combat''. You don't just go against a veteran's opinion, you go against a veteran's opinion backed by the ppl who understand it except you. You don't play and you think you are right.

You think everything BPG have done is positive when it's the total opposite and i could explain you why from the very start.

The only reason it looks good now, it's because of unpredictable event's such as DnD not being patched since July and the fact that the game is still free.

I went from playing, farming everyday to crouching under a spider-tree waiting for a discord call for arms just to recall back in position to defend with 2 p-shards on me and a runebook. I just got my new keyboard and i can't even bother to get used to it on DF because i feel so demoralized about the recent patches.

#92 Scrapnotcrap, Jan 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  13. Leo Woods

Leo Woods Dire Zombie

I’m the one that’s not open minded ? Hahahahahaha Hahahah Hahahah next joke bro.

Also, next time you @ me, make sure you’re able to form a coherent sentence. Cheers.

14. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

I give you my name. do you still want to duel me?

15. Leo Woods

Leo Woods Dire Zombie

Of course I’ll duel you. Not entirely sure what that will achieve however?

16. Volfen

Volfen Infernal
    Loyal Legend

For what it's worth, this already happened in DFO (debuffing veilron golems with tarnish and using a blackbolt, for example).

17. l0st exile

l0st exile Crypt Guard

lol bpg

18. Fengor

Fengor Obsidian Golem

Remember that time BPG added content and didn’t touch combat and DF thrived?

Ya me either

Copperfield, l0st exile and Kantor like this.
  19. prowess

prowess Goblin Warrior
    Patron Benefactor Contributor

Make self buffs last 4 hours. wait... just remove them and buff our characters appropriately

20. kinglear

kinglear Black Knight

buff our non destro characters appropriately*