Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Full revert to pre combat changes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grimtide, Dec 22, 2018.

?

FULL Revert, not half measure

1. Yes

2. No

3. Yes but keep this feature in (explain below)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Frostjarl
    Wealthy

BPG broke a perfectly good combat system.
    Bugs are popping up in combat numbers from patches not related to combat.
    We were promised no changes to combat.

It's not even about who wants what anymore. It's about doing the right thing and fix the game.
    You guys can see how earlier in this thread BPG admitted to numbers related to combat were changed some how when they didn't even mess with them. That's my problem...how long ago did Nelik say he was personally looking into it? It fixed? Find out how it happened? At this point I feel like even if they would revert combat would still end up mangled when they patch in something non combat related. And on top of that can you have confidence in this combat system knowing that bugs might not be found unless some vet takes time to post a video about it? And MAYBE months later they'll fix it?
    it took players to notice the reach of r70 were increased after no patch notes about it. BPG blames this On Dest. But in reality he worked for BPG and it's even worst knowing they had no idea things changed.
    Just think about that for a second..a employee at BPG changed something in combat without telling other employees about it...and it took players to notice it..they don't even play the game cause this change was so noticeable it would take one time logging in with a sword to ntoice...or maybe just check the reach numbers...But no..they left that for us to find.

So we have a perfectly good system that 95% of the player base was happy and confident with. 100% sure it works. But we are using a system just so fucked up that no one wants. It's either cause they can't revert or they want the ego of calling Darkfall combat their own.

#101 JEDIMind, Jan 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  2. Leo Woods

Leo Woods Skeleton Archer

Combat is fine stfu.

3. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Frostjarl
    Wealthy

Yep. Misread this poll.
    It's sad BPG are listening to people like you, you don't log in, you obviously don't contribute, and obviously have no idea about anything related to combat. Saying combat is fine while BPG says there's bugs just shows your depth of knowledge in the matter.

#103 JEDIMind, Jan 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    Oresmacker, Hook, quietnoobz and 5 others like this.
  4. Isaac Clarke

Isaac Clarke Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

100% this

It's just remarkable how many people confuse BPG on things like this and they don't even play. Fuck me I came back 2 months ago for a combat revert poll that passed and has yet to happen. I don't care that it's F2P, the current state of the server (which is dogshit) combined with empty promises is likely to drive me away again soon.

OSRS no exp waste here I come

Fuck sakes it's frustrating wanting something so simple

Copperfield, kinglear, Sero and 2 others like this.
  5. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

The poll result is not even going to feel like old combat just to let you guys know. Basically, the result is: buffing destroyers, nerfing mages.

When you let ppl who don't even play vote or bad destroyers vote, you can't possibly expect combat to be reverted.

We ask BPG for a revert poll, they give us a balance poll. That's not how it should be.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    kinglear likes this.
  6. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

lol 95% of 30 is still a shit number
    95% is probably a close number of those that have left and quit darkfall in part due to the old combat system.
    Game companies make mistakes and this one is no different you can choose to play the game or sit on the forums crying like a lil girl. Clearly the choice is yours. Your constant dribble though I mean cmon get over it already, combat changes happened it is time to move on and get over it..

Leo Woods likes this.
  7. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Cairn Giant
    Legend Streamer Contributor

Still havent learned to outsmart hold w and left click players yet?

Oresmacker, Sique and Leo Woods like this.
  8. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Celestial

I vote unholy wars remastered

Sique and Leo Woods like this.
  9. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Frostjarl
    Wealthy

Huh? I pay my money just like you man. When a company promises something I'm gonna hold them to it. Sorry youre such a pussy you can't hold people accountable for their lies and mistakes.

#109 JEDIMind, Jan 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  10. Leo Woods

This.
    --- Post updated ---
    You’re*.

Or maybe he’s just not an arsehole and appreciates the fact that we actually have a small team of people doing their best to give us a game that we all love?

11. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Frostjarl
    Wealthy

Ya, two people are telling me I don't appreciate the team when they didn't even contribute to Embers.
    Who's really the asshole? Not the people who took your money and lied to you??

Copperfield likes this.
  12. Leo Woods

‘Took your money and lied to you??’ Fucking hell mate you sound like a 50 year old woman who wants to speak to the manager. Get a grip

13. Copperfield

Copperfield Black Knight
    Legend

combat should never been touched.. as was said from the beginning. atleast not in a major way..

Things like removing selfbuffs.. removing battlespike hop i agree on... but like jedi already said..

bpg changes background mathemetics without even knowning what they actually change this worries me too.

they change 1/2 things.. and in the background mess up 3/4 things which comes to light in couple of days after the patch.

then they claim they havent touch it... and we need to prove by posting vids on this forum that they are wrong..

DFO core combat was not perfect by all means.. it need adjustments yes.. but not in such a major way

Sero likes this.
  14. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

holding people accountable and crying like a lil bitch are not the same bro
    I have been very critical of many things they done. But sometimes ya have to change plans to make shit work and that is just the way it is.
    By all means hold them accountable but until you step in and cover the bills then sit down and shut the fuck up cause all ya doing is crying aint doing shit to help make this company grow and sustain
    --- Post updated ---
    haha if ya gave to embers it means you have to them a second time after already being lied too which makes you an even bigger moron.
    You paid them after they lied to you and then complain about it? hahahaha gtfo lol
    --- Post updated ---
    No doubt they have made some mistakes, not a person or company a live that doesn't.
    People saying they shouldn't have touched combat, well people asked for it on a very large scale. So they tried and if your honest combat was not perfect. People still complain about parts of the old combat system today even. Combat needs touched, needed touched and will always need touched since it is the focal point of this game in an ever changing world it will always need touched.

Leo Woods and Yomi Scythetalon like this.
  15. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

I'll pop rage next time, it's the only thing i never did. I use it in duels too now, but i still think it's lame. I out-damaged a destro in no time with daggers and rage. I hope to see y'all (destroyers) in the open world.

I also got a new gaming keyboard.

@JEDIMind, you haven't ignored that guy yet?

#115 Scrapnotcrap, Jan 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  16. Leo Woods

Imagine whining that destros are OP just because you couldn’t personally beat them hahaha. The fact that a mage has the capability to ‘out-damage’ a destro in melee range is absolutely absurd. And you think Destros are OP loooooooll.

Korag likes this.
  17. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Hey look, someone that doesn't play the game. [​IMG]

18. Leo Woods

Wow, didn’t realise you was Scrap’s bitch! Lol

19. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

lol yes another brilliant logical mind speaking out. " Ignore that guy cause he thinks differently and has an opinion that is unlike my own"
    Simple minded little cuck lolol

Leo Woods likes this.
  20. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Cairn Giant
    Legend Streamer Contributor

We should wager and melee only and see who out damaged who

Scrapnotcrap and Leo Woods like this.