Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Game Activity

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Billy Lee, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Chosen of Khamset
    Lifetime

The most important thing is to encourage players to go out into the world as much as possible. I'm not so sure it's a population issue, I believe it's an activity issue. Players should always have a plethora of things they need and want and they should not all be easy to get, some should be very scarce but still obtainable and with a clear method of doing so. Quantity is more important than quality, we need anything we can get. Rare containers, new colored variations of all mounts, rare weapons and armors, dyes, anything. We need common, uncommon, rare, and very rare materials and items. The #1 thing that frustrated me in RoA was that there were so few new items added even though the game is perfect for adding cool stuff. I really think it's important that cool things are added that are not available in the cash shop.

I do applaud BPG for the upcoming crafting skills they mentioned (no details on what they are yet), these are good first steps and I hope that the momentum continues at a pace which players do not have months and months to collect what they need for a lifetime supply of the new stuff. Just for fun, here are a few random rare item ideas:

Shadow Blade: r70 greatsword with a 2% chance to cast cursed bolt on striking. Rare drop from a Shadow Knight named spawn.
    Crown of Chaos: Infernal helmet stats with +25 health which can exceed the health cap of 450. Rare drop from Minotaur Kings.
    Toy Box: A container for sorting your collection of monster toys. Rare drop from maps.
    Horn of War: A blowing horn which emits a loud noise.One hour cooldown. Rare drop from Varangian Warthanes.
    Silver Bluetail Skin: A simple recolored bluetail skin. Rare drop from trade routes.

Bottom line: We want to encounter people when we play. Whether it's seeing a gatherer or two, getting into a fight in a dungeon, or even finding tombstones where someone was ganked, the game feels a lot more alive when we're not running around in a world that feels empty. We could use more players than we have but we have enough now that game activity would ramp up fast if new items were constantly streaming in. I know there are other issues but this is what I wanted to point out

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #1 Billy Lee, Feb 9, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  2. kinglear

kinglear Black Knight

I like this sort of stuff, but I don't like the shadow blade, 99% of the time on r75's the swing is better, you'll do less damage with a bolt, or if you're 20 ping vs 100+ ping just end up splashing yourself for like 20

I don't know what the horn of war is meant to do, but anything that makes noise outside of like stormblast range will def find a way to be used to grief peoples eardrums

I really like the skin, the toy box, and the crown, I think that sort of stuff is really neat and could add something to do, right now theres so many useless things to farm

Bonii and Billy Lee like this.
  3. Billy Lee

Lifetime

These are just quick examples, I'd put more time into them if I believed it would be worth it :p As for the shadow blade, aren't most elite pvpers favoring r70's over champion weapons these days? The shadow blade is basically better than a standard r70 and would have its own model, or an aura or something. Champion weapons proc more often but you have to hit 3-4 attacks with mini effects before the big spell goes off. As for the self-splash, that needs to be fixed asap, hurting yourself with champion weapons is bad business.

The horn is just for screwing around with but you can also bring them to sieges for roleplaying purposes. I don't think it should be insanely loud but loud enough to be heard amidst all the other sounds of combat. It could also just have a distinctive sound instead of a loud one, perhaps making the noise for four seconds or so. I think it would be badass tbh. I am sure if several of these noise playing items were added people would be all over them. Imagine a legendary version dropped by Hjor, that would be so cool to get.

Glad you liked the other stuff, I bet we could all team up and pool our ideas if BPG was willing to allocate some time to put some of it in.

Oresmacker likes this.
  4. kinglear

kinglear Black Knight

Champ weapons are almost objectively worse than r60s right now, I'm not entirely sure why but they definitely need a bugg

I just meant that weapons with this proc feature dont tend to be good rn, because a lot of times the actual swing would've done more than the r90 effect

I like the horn if thats the case, I just didn't know if you wanted a global sound or anything, which I feel we both know would be bad

I also like the idea of mob specific drops that will create pvp hotspots, its like gargantuas but if theres a bunch (10 different crown or skin type items on 10 different mobs) then 1 elite group cant shut out everyone else

Billy Lee likes this.
  5. Billy Lee

Lifetime

Understood :) In that case, the shadow blade would be the best weapon outside of an r80 (assuming the splash damage bug was fixed). It would be exotic and fun to use but not too gamebreaking as 2% is pretty rare. As for the champion weapons, they still deal full damage every single swing but they get bonus effects, so when they proc, if you land all your attacks, they outperform r70's by a large margin. Again, assuming the bug was fixed. I respect that most people prefer the reliability of r70s over the random nature of champion weapons, but I think the champion weapons are really cool and I do hope to see more stuff like that.

Agreed on your hotspots point. I think hotspots are great but there should be a lot of them, that way players of all skill levels have a chance to come back home alive. Right now the major hotspots are mostly in the center, which is great for action there but it does drastically reduce it in other places. The way I see it, every region should have many incentives, that way players are moving through all of them.

6. Jean-Claude

Jean-Claude Air Elemental
    Legend

i havent seen BPG posting any updates on the forums at all lately... are they still alive to read this stuff?

The Red King and Billy Lee like this.
  7. Billy Lee

Lifetime

It has been really quiet lately, would be great to hear some news or even just some chatting about random stuff. I liked your video btw.

8. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

People keep talking about wanting health and stats to break cap. Unfortunately I think this is a biproduct of grind being so low that were all stuck at max stats, and were just thirsty for something to grind for. My human gets like 440 health, 450 stam, 450 mana with 120 everything.

I don't know if breaking cap is a good idea, personally I don't like the sound of it, but giving more unique fun things to farm/acquire is something Im defo about.

Billy Lee and Yomi Scythetalon like this.
  9. NonFactor

NonFactor Fire Giant
    Affluent Legend

this.

10. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Obsidian Golem
    Hero

Hey bpg y'all got any of them updates?

Hook, NonFactor, Fengor and 2 others like this.
  11. Billy Lee

Lifetime

I think that allowing special items to bypass the stat cap is necessary because if it's not possible then we run into similar situations that we have now, such as characters with 120 in all attributes never having a reason to use Q6 attribute gems, not only does that hurt the value of those gems but it takes away options from maxed characters. Another example is a maxed ork that doesn't need bloodcrafted gear or health enchants.

I don't think it's 100% required but overall it would be better imo. There would be some good and bad aspects but we need people playing more, especially out in the world. I agree with your point about the grind, it is somewhat proven if you look at the success of phials and elixirs, people are always after them. I think it would be cool if your character power for pve never stopped scaling, for example, you could collect some kind of new items from monsters and use them with a new skill, or scribing, or alchemy, to create items that give your character permanent buffs vs certain monsters. It would be awesome if you could keep pumping up your damage against raven standards, for example, and become increasingly efficient. Perhaps the cost of advancement would be exponential, to keep it from getting out of control. On a similar note, I am confused about why the rest of the banes were never added, it would be such an awesome addition and I assume it would be very easy to do. Things that increase my efficiency make me have more fun farming, I'm sure many others feel the same.

12. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Obsidian Golem
    Hero

I personally just farm for an hour, i make up to 80k. If i got 10+ neithal keys, i can make 130k-150k. I log-out after or i stay online if pvp. Most of the time, i log-out after an hour.
    If not for pvp, farming for an hour per day is the only left that i do.

For me to stay online for much longer or all day, the following has to be done.

• -longer semi-afk harvesting. (less running from nodes to nodes, more health per nodes). Harvesting has to feel relax again, not as active as it is now.
    • -More viable dungeon mobs. Gray ork nerfed, evil eye replaced, sentinels not dropping superior weapons commonly... all that results in probably only 3 dungeons worth farming if you don't have keys.
    • -Viable lesser stat pots from 100-120 : (i think lesser pots should give + 0.01. I'd farm anything, even goblins just for that).
    • -Satisfaction for those who can't craft shit: we need more common superior equipment. We need more lootable minor potions; ppl don't even sell baneberries or minor potions. Or, crafting order would fix all of those problem. Ppl do craft and sell stuff on the market; i find full plate pieces all the time, but that doesn't go for everything.
    • -Very short repetitive title quest: (I farm for an hour, always, everyday. I need repetitive quest that would require me to farm for like 5-20 minutes to get a quick/instant satisfaction when i have less than an hour for a reason to go out and farm).
    • -PVE for a zerg. We just need that. Zerging is only good in pvp. We need unique spawns that scale endlessly: maybe 2-3 spawns. Spawns where ppl don't even have to share; they would just loot what ever they kill.
    • We need a new progression system that don't affect pvp at all: something that gives a reason to do anything and everything just to raise progression in 1 track, something hat would also make questing become viable again.

Billy Lee likes this.
  13. BeatIt

BeatIt Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

when u own a city, the npc in there should give u daily task to go out there.

whit some rep system or point / reward

The Red King, Fengor, Blaze and 3 others like this.
  14. Billy Lee

Lifetime

That would be great. Also, it would be cool if some player cities had special recipes or resources for sale.

15. BeatIt

BeatIt Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

sadly the TCS will do so little vs this kinda system.

can u imagine u log inside UR city and u have stuff to do beside hitting nodes and bank staring.

lets say the Blacksmith give u a task to go kill some bad ciarn giant 20x or find is blacksmith hammer cause 1 cairn giant stole it.

get is hammer back and voila : 50 alfar rep ( lets say to unlock alfar skins from armor to staff, weapons too mount )
    - choose from Q4 mats or 5 veilron ore

of course the daily task need to be all different.

The Red King and Billy Lee like this.
  16. Billy Lee

Lifetime

Daily tasks/quests would be awesome. I really like the idea of random ones too, being able to make choices like that is a lot of fun.

17. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Yep. Absolutely we need stuff like this. We have been saying it forever. bGG just won't or doesn't have the time to do stuff like this.

Fengor and Billy Lee like this.
  18. Billy Lee

Lifetime

Even the smallest additions can make a big difference. Look at the toys, some go for 150k, how awesome is that? I'd love to see the rest of them get added. I am always hoping for new containers, which are just pictures basically, it would be awesome if someone could make some.

19. kiwiitis

kiwiitis Goblin Warrior
    Tester

Don't spoil harvesting don't want the pvpers to be able to afk harvest as well leave the harvesting for folk that don't want to pvp .These pvpers want their cake with cream on it they want to harvest easypeasy.Most folk that like harvesting can't pvp for various reasons.

Billy Lee likes this.
  20. Billy Lee

Lifetime

I think harvesting needs more rare items too. Imagine like 1 in 10,000 timber was a new wood like ebony or maybe a collectible bee or something.

kiwiitis likes this.