Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Game is very hard for players that are still prey.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SenseiSpades, May 18, 2017.

1. merkmerk73

merkmerk73 Earth Elemental

Being red isn't penalized enough, that's all there is to it

It's not about blue perks

Being red means you can't go to a town. So what?

2. Thubub

Thubub Goblin Shaman
    Legend

Snowflake, why don't you go find another game. Maybe something called Whinefall. You seriously constantly complain about everything and always want to be catered too. I play solo and have been ganked twice since launch. You must be really bad to constantly get ganked so much.

Back in your cage snowflake. Back in your cage!

3. RobTheAxe

RobTheAxe Goblin Warlord

not if you are good at farming

there has never been so many benefits for players to stay blue. blues can now use ALL Npc holdings ingame. that is a huge bonus. it is possible to live red but a bit harder. i think the impact of getting killed while farming is over stressed. the noobs who have a chance at enjoying DF will figure out not to risk all their stuff. and realistically the chance of getting killed while farming is 1/3 or 1/5 or less. so even if they lose one set of gear and regs and some loot they will make still a profit over time. the game could perhaps use even more noob mentor clans, there is a lot that really needs explanation.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. nerdSlayer

nerdSlayer Goblin Warlord

Issues on both sides of the argument are as follows. The side who thinks vets need to be more respectful open to new players, also incorrectly assume that all vets will just crush new players purposely and/or grief them. It's not true. And then there's the darkfall vets who think ANY sign/motion to cut down on some flak/fluff in the game is a terrible thing and a sin against humanity.

The truth is somewhere in between. The vets MUST be open to new players, but it isn't COMPLETELY their fault or role to do that. It's the developers of the game. If you want new players to be more competitive, you have to give them better resources to learn or remove super niche mechanics in the game. If you don't want them to be needlessly ganked/war dec'd you need to change the systems in the game.

But the idea that a player in a full loot game is responsible for whether or not another play continues playing is kind of silly...it's not a customers job to keep other customers buying the product...it's the companies. Can Darkfall vets help noobs? Absolutely, we have seen that already with nooby clans, video guides, and streams.

Now it's up to the devs of ROA to step up too.

Mea Kulpa, Brown Dorf and Mycke like this.
  5. Maejohl

Maejohl Windlord
    Legend

Here's an example of how an alignment system could work:

[​IMG]
    (Meditation points in DND will also be needed by clans for various of their ongoing goals - which is why losing them can hurt even high end characters)

Brown Dorf and Dixie Normus like this.
  6. SiegeForce

SiegeForce Dire Zombie

Here is the realisation. IF what youre saying is true, every new player needs a vet to waste their own time showing them how to play the game, then there is your answer

The game doesnt work.

Even lategame, its always been based on PvP/Duels. The game is hyped around "you can be/do anything you want" with little direction on how to achieve that, and after you learn how to play the game you come to the realisation that you cant be/do anything you want.. there are vast limits and little sand in the box.

My advice since little was added to make this game feel like a more well polished mmorpg, enjoy the pvp fiesta while you can before this game has less population than a single player rpg.

7. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Celestial
    Legend

you sir, need professional help.

8. jefftxp

jefftxp Deadeye

My suggestion: if a Red player enters a starting zone tile, it should alarm the blue players in those tiles. This would be great seeing a bunch of new players running to bank and hide in town, while more experienced blue players roll out to roam the zone and find the red.

The warning will only go off to those in the start tile zones, no where else. I think this would be a really cool feature.

Or even more immersive, have the starting cities ring actual warning bells so nearby goblin farmers hear the warning!

9. nerdSlayer

nerdSlayer Goblin Warlord

I HATE system messages. I think they are completely silly, and remove any stealth mechanics from the game...

That said the devs should introduce something that makes it worthwhile to kill these players who prey on afk miners or noob players (past there 24hr protection). They could do a bounty system, or they could allow a player to "alert blues". The latter sounds much like what you suggested, the difference is it would be a player doing it and not some all seeing computer system.

The player could "ring the bell" which would alert people that there was an alert at that city...maybe even trigger some sort of quest/event to get rewarded to kill those players...or not. Or just alert people.

10. Cincere

Cincere Dire Zombie
    Hero

smdh... It hasn't even been a month and Ive seen the population die off pretty quick.

11. DeadlyHit

DeadlyHit Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

people have just moved to other parts of the map my friend

12. SomeBK

SomeBK Infernal
    Legend

This most likely holds very true but when you don't see any more players in newbie cities it means there are no more new players being added into the game.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say more people are leaving than coming to the game. I don't have much to go off except two previous versions where this occurred and since there hasn't been much done as far as player retention, I'd bet the house I'm right.

Dixie Normus likes this.
  13. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

No, I can just tell by the gaining activity on the other game that they are doing more than just moving around. There was a couple week window there to get things together here and that window was wasted with Kilrain practically trolling his player base on the forums, burying issues and letting a bad server ruin many peoples playing experience.

The sheep side of the equation is pretty much zeroed out now and BPG would be best served at this point by embracing the wolf and making the game most enjoyable to the thick skinned and hardcore players they can keep and moving in a direction that best caters to that playerbase.

14. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

ive only been able to play on the weekends and from what ive noticed there are less new players now then there was a week ago =-\

15. Cincere

Cincere Dire Zombie
    Hero

If you say so...

16. Cool hwip

Cool hwip Deadeye
    Hero

Can you just go back to that "other game" you love so much and just stop posting toxic shit on these forums. For someone that hates the game so much you sure do spend a lot of time here.

17. lorddarka

lorddarka Goblin Scout

fall damage for bunny hopping and potential death would fix alot of the pros that bop for entire tiles but i dont think the game mechanics can tell the difference on a bunny hop vs a reg jump so probally cant fix this

18. Maejohl

Maejohl Windlord
    Legend

So what about the new joiners?

19. Mighty

Mighty Skeleton Archer
    Hero

Heres my take, being a casual who works all day to find forum fallers hard at work to create a toxic image and environment for all.

I started darkfall in 09 being a solo, I was ganked, killed, blue blocked, griefed, bind camped, moved to different chaos cities regularly. To be honest i was having more fun then i ever was playing a game. I was constantly aware, worried, banking listening to sounds and trying my best to just keep my stats up at spawn, not to mention I made plenty of friends and foes at the chaos cities and spawns around them.

Darkfall isn't hard, you want to know what us "Vets" did? The clans took the cities, and people started farming, once you lock down a mob spawn, being this is a populated darkfall so almost all spawns will be hit, you have to fight for your spawns or move to a better location so you can farm somewhere that works for you. I used to just live at jhali chaos city on ruby with a few randoms and a friend and just farmed all day.

Vets DO NOT have to help you, what is a vet? a human being, a person, someone who can do whatever they like and thats the point of the game. just like rust, ark, dfo, ultima, fuck even minecraft has griefers, people who want to purely pvp, people who want to help newbs and people who want to murder them, thats what you signed up for people.... that's what this game is.

New players have an abundance of resources from youtube videos to clans like the one im in who have people who will show them the ropes and simply just helpful people in chat or in-game, the game has been significantly improved towards the new player experience and its clear they're still working out the different kinks to keep the game hardcore, but still cut out a lot of griefing, for instance random war-decks.

The alignment system isn't about good vs evil, red vs blue, it wasn't implemented like that and will require tons of work to make it just right. I didn't know a single person in-game in darkfall that was blue, unless they just started otherwise they where an extreme minority, you have to kill people in sieges, you have to protect your mob spawns, people have reds/blues in their clan.

Being blue is your newbie protection before you realize being in the NPC cities no longer provides you with anything and its time to move into a player-holding or a chaos city so you can actually hit the good mob spawns.

All i hear is whining, All i hear are problems that have been discussed and are already known to be being worked on by BPG, All i hear are to be honest, autistic little kids like mycke who just want to spread negative propaganda to play new dawn, or New players who didn't actually ask for help, or didn't actually want to join a clan, or do group play or make friends... I work all fucking day, go to school for the rest of it and have just about 2-3 hours MAYBE a night of darkfall, i'm extremely under leveled, under statted, have no fucking gear and im still able to find people on my level, farm for a solid few hours without being ganked and doing a couple runs and even toss in a little gathering pk run.

Want to stop being entitled fucks and learn something about life? do you want to be good at something? Ask questions, watch the how to play youtube videos, join a clan small or big(make sure they have a holding or allied to someone with one), and the most important thing of all. WATCH PvP VIDEOS, most of the time those guys making the videos are vets, they have most of the spells already, and they show you the gameplay and how to play. surround yourself with people who are better then yourself, duel them, ask them questions and play the fucking game and have fun.

its not hard to find a clan, its not hard to play solo, its not hard make friends, its not hard to farm mobs (i'll tell you a trick, use a fucking r10 and chain/padded gear) BPG is working on it you guys, they want the game to succeed. they listen to all these threads, but they certainly wont turn the game into a care bear fest.

rant/over

tl:dr These guys are whiney bitches, bpg has already addressed they're working on these issues, join a clan, make a friend, watch a fucking PvP video, the game isn't hard, and labeling people "sheep or wolf" is retarded all coming from a long-term vet who played original darkfall solo for the beggining before finding my homies,

BTW JOIN GENTLEMEN GAMING IF YOU'RE NEW, WE TAKE EVERYONE, unless you're a supreme cunt, then you're going to get kicked. we have holdings, we have vets training newbies, we have constant dungeon groups, we have friends being made and positive memories to remember. Come hang out, we smoke herb and get blasted, hopefully you can join us during the black out PvP runs :p

edit: I'd also like to point out, Us vets experience the same treatment as anyone else, we get ganked at mob spawns, our cities get raided , our crafters get killed. There is no such thing as no longer being "prey".

#219 Mighty, May 21, 2017
    Last edited: May 21, 2017
  20. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

The problem is you don't even understand the premise of this thread and you made a long worthless post in response to your projection of the premise

We are discussing how to retain a healthy population aka keep new players playing.

SomeBK likes this.