Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Game is very hard for players that are still prey.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SenseiSpades, May 18, 2017.

1. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Celestial
    Legend

exactly the point i've been making all along. Eve prepares you for the fact that your'e gonna die, during their tutorial.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Kwatos and Slayven like this.
  2. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

The fact that this game is full loot is almost irrelevant to the problem at hand

The main problem is that it's a re-release

Imagine starting over your teenage life with all the knowledge and experience you have now.

Imagine how much better you could do. Imagine how you'd be able to outpace and outcompete all your peers of that time

That's what is happening here.

Kwatos, n0mad, Battle Smurf and 2 others like this.
  3. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Celestial
    Legend

ie a tutorial
    --- Post updated ---
    ie, you're a mentor, thanks for doing it.

we need a proper tutorial, and a mentor system that picks up after the tutorial

4. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

Hisec is not a tutorial my man. It's half of the game

Please stop comparing eve to darkfall

5. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Celestial
    Legend

ie, you're a mentor, thanks for doing it.

we need a proper tutorial, and a mentor system that pi
    lol, i'm not comparing eve to darkfall someone else did.

i'm comparing one mmo, to another. Hisec is half the game yes, but it's also the damned tutorial, a game like eve has a huge learning curve, much like darkfall, thus the bigger tutorial is needed.. the general point is that every mmo on the market with a big learning curve, has a big tutorial to address that issue (except elite dangerous who relies on ridiculous videos that were literally more costly to make than a tutorial would have been).

not to mention the fact that i never said anything about eve in my posts...

6. TryHard

TryHard Varangian Warthane
    Legend

LOL WHAT?

Overwatch is a CLASS based piece of crap and if any company other then blizzard had made it, it would be100% irrelevant in any conversation ever.

Having said that, Darkfall is a game like no other, it is a mix up of FPS / 3RD PERSON / MMO with FULL LOOT and basically no restrictions on attacking anyone(Except brand new accounts with 24 hour protection)

You can literally kill your clan leader if you want and decide to go rogue and leave clan at will, you can accidentally kill your friend if you make the wrong choice, comparing this game to overwatch Just because they share a similar twitch FPS aspect is disrespectful to both games(Although overwatch is trash so who cares if you disrespect it)

Inb4: 'omg so many 13 year olds play overwatch u donteven kno how gud it iz'
    Now this would be really cool, I would 100% help more noobs then I do now if there was some type of system to keep track or reward me in some way.

Mentor system would be legit.

Kwatos and Sero like this.
  7. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

You keep saying that hisec is the tutorial. It's not. The majority of the player base plays in hisec

8. Lakisuria_Moonglade

Lakisuria_Moonglade Varangian Warthane
    Legend

As some have said I think a slight buff on low tier mobs would be a nice start. Add more non gold rare commodities on higher end mobs.

9. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

Ok man I was exaggerating. The point is that people play eve because of the unrivaled complexity of the sandbox.

Darkfall will never have that same attractive draw to it. Which is why major efforts need to be spent on player retention

10. tanto

tanto Dire Zombie

If we could do something legit with the trading and economy in this game I think it would go a long way. Gold is not that hard to get even as a newb.. Gearing up is a bitch tho if you don't have a clan crafter, and sometimes even if you do.

Some sort of globalized trade system.. maybe not an auction house perse but a way that newbs could gather mats or gold and easily trade for some gear from across the globe.

Maybe a capitol city portal system or something if we gota keep it in person.

Or the devs should run and manage their own Newb clan that people automatically join when they start the game that can also help to gear newbies.

You're going to die and die a lot, but if you have no where to turn to gear up after someone dry loots your banded set. Def seeing that as a big issue.

Kwatos and Carrot Soup like this.
  11. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Celestial
    Legend

<facepalm> dude get off the eve topic nobody gives a shit how they classify their tutorial or hisec or whatever the hell you want to refer to it as.

DARKFALL needs a tutorial very similar to Eve, WoW, DAoC, etc etc.. why are you getting off track and talking about eve constantly?

we need a proper tutorial, just like (cough cough) other games. we need a mentor system AFTER the tutorial drops the player into the game (cough cough) much like other (cough cough) games.

as for darkfall never having that draw.. maybe, maybe not... definitely not if they do not do something about the curb stomping of noobs. this game has the potential to excel beyond that space game which you are apparently so fond of, the limitations lie in the developer and it's imagination and willingness to do the right thing.

12. Hodo

Hodo Goblin Shaman

I am a mage alfar, I have NO problem making gold. But when I am low on reagents I use my melee weapons to far for a bit. Or I just use mana missile which needs NO reagents. I dont wear armor just robes..that I craft myself, they are cheap and easy to make.

Here are some tips to survive as a solo or small clan player. From an old Aegis Imperium member.... Remember we are watching you.
    1-Be self sufficient, make everything YOU use.
    2- Never take more than you need.
    3- Only use what you can replace.
    4- Make friends in other clans, never know when you will need backup.

Kwatos and Mea Kulpa like this.
  13. Thug Life

Thug Life Gravelord
    Hero

The last time I quit playing it was because I was constantly in need of reagants for my transfers and once I ended up dying with my lack stack of resin I just moved on to better games
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

14. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

I literally only responded to people who already brought up eve...

But ya I think we agree noobs need help

Carrot Soup likes this.
  15. Wendigo

Wendigo Dire Zombie

That sounds like it requires a lot of free time and a gross disregard for emerging economies...
    But if its [AI] recommended, then its the way for me!

Hodo likes this.
  16. Leo Woods

Leo Woods Dire Zombie

Sorry, but I really fail to see the point of this thread. I'm not trying to be a prick and anyone who knows me knows im not a toxic player, but are we seriously complaining about skill differences in the most hardcore MMORPG out there? Is that not the point of the game?

Im sorry but for those of you that don't use your losses as a motivational incentive to go farm, train and become better, this game just simply isn't for you, Darkfall is Darkfall because it ISNT carebare, theres a reason WOW and Darkfall have two different communities.

Im all for doing our upmost to keep the population at a high, but how will increasing gold drop rates help? Higher tier players will benefit from that too?

I probably haven't expressed my view in the best way, but basically if you're getting fed up after being killed a few times, rather then becoming motivated to become a better player in the hope of competing with your 'predators' in the long run, then Darkfall just isn't for you. The hardcore concept of the game should excite you, not put you off.

17. Skelly

Skelly Crypt Guard

I agree they should make lower end mobs loot a tad better

18. Hodo

Hodo Goblin Shaman

If you quit because of something that simple you should change your name to Pug Life. LOL...

And the Aegis Imperium expects nothing less...
    Honestly it doesnt take all that much free time. I think I play about an hour a night and I easily make everything I use, is it the best out there, no.. but I can replace it without worrying about it breaking me.

I also dont run around with 1000 reagents on me at one time. :)

19. Skelly

Skelly Crypt Guard

You have to take in consideration that many players are trying to work on several crafting skills as well not to mentions scrolls, so there is a lack of loot for new players. Not everyone just wants to pvp 24/7 . So with the little gild u get ur either buying regs or doing on or the other each time u log in. Especially for casual players which im in a clan of about 80% casual players. I would like to farm an hour or two and then have enough gold or mats to make scrolls get crafting up or buy from the trade chat.

Mea Kulpa likes this.
  20. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

Smh. Read the thread

We are talking about new player retention.

The people who have already played darkfall before have a huge advantage over new players and the game disincentivizes helping new players rather than just raping them.

It's like playing poker against someone who has 4 aces up his sleeve.

The playing field won't be equalized unless a noob stays with the game for several months depending on their average play time per day. And in the mean time their ass is getting really sore.

It doesn't make someone a carebear just because they don't feel like playing a game where veterans have a ridiculously huge advantage in experiential capital which we have seen been converted into significant stat and gear and resource advantage upon launch. Combine that with the veterans gangbanging noobs in starter areas and taking what little resources they have it just ends up with a small elitist jerkfest and a quickly dying game.