Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Game sound

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eleventy, May 12, 2017.

1. Eleventy

Eleventy Goblin Shaman
    Supporter

My game sounds like dogshit. Is it my settings? monitor? headphones? soundcard? help!

Currently, anyone in the zone im in sounds like they are fighting and casting right next to me even though they are hundreds of yards away.

Darkfall used to have such great sound you could tell where somone was just by their footsteps.

Is this just me or is it the game because I wont last long playing like this

btw i have a cheap vizio smart tv for my computer screen, i use headphones, and it doesnt happen ALL the time

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #1 Eleventy, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
  2. Navlaan

Navlaan Infernal

Mine is the same way. I played the original and I don't remember having this problem.

Feelsbadman

RobTheAxe likes this.
  3. Eleventy

Eleventy Goblin Shaman
    Supporter

ok I am glad to know that it is not just mine. One of the great things about darkfall was how three dimensional the sound was... now it sounds like dogshit

Navlaan likes this.
  4. RobTheAxe

RobTheAxe Goblin Warlord

I have the same problem.. but it also seems only sometimes ...

one concern for me is even if there is a client side fix.. some people will still have it and be able to hear easily..

5. Kelsen

Kelsen New Member

Seems like you have “loudness equalization” turned on in Windows or in your sound drivers/software somewhere.

Pretty positive it has nothing to do with the client. People used to purposely do this in the original game.

Cecropia likes this.
  6. RobTheAxe

RobTheAxe Goblin Warlord

a good guess, and i had not heard of that trick in df1 in all my time despite hearing of many others, but i just checked both my windows settings and my audio driver program (realtek) and neither have equalization enabled; have heard on other sources that many people are experiencing these audio issues

this is a pretty serious issue, one of the only real flaws with the game outside of opinion differences, and really hope it gets recognized

#6 RobTheAxe, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
  7. Orworth

Orworth Goblin Warrior
    Loyal Patron

Your not hearing the sounds while inside the alfar cities by chance are you? Because I noticed I hear player fighting goblins at time but think it's because the mob spawn is on top the city

8. Synchro666

Synchro666 Goblin Scout

The sounds are definitely off in ROA, even casting transfers sounds messed up like I only hear the treble when the spell is cast. And like you said the distance sounds aren't right. Sounds are normal when I play DND or any other game...

9. Eleventy

Eleventy Goblin Shaman
    Supporter

no but at the troll lord spawn thats up in the air you can hear on the ground like its right next to you

10. PENETRATOR

PENETRATOR Earth Elemental
    Legend

What sound card do you have? Google driver for it. Windows auto-installs generic drivers often.

I have Sound Blaster Audigy SE, did fresh Windows reinstall, it installed generic drivers and DF sound was messed up. After downloading the proper driver and changing from 5.1 to 2.1 speaker configuration, it fixed the problem.

11. Nightmare UDL

Nightmare UDL Celestial
    Legend

Sounds are perfect on my comp