Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Gear Acquisition for the Pvp Players

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Billy Lee, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Varangian Warthane
    Team B Lifetime

It seems like there are a lot of players that mostly just want to pvp and struggle to get their gear sets together. On the other side, we have farmers that struggle to sell their crafted goods. In order to fix this, let's hook up farmers with more keys and maps from farming, and then make villages yield significantly more gold. That way the pvpers have gold to buy the gear they need and the crafters have customers, everyone wins.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Akathar

I would just show the exact location of every treasure maps when you open it and replace gold drops with treasure maps.

mob/village => treasure map => key in the treasure => dungeon for the key chest => mobs to clear the chest, back to square 1.

3. HenkBot

HenkBot Goblin Scout
    Contributor

Remove the jewelry, will cut the list of mats you have to farm for a set in half and makes your choice of which protections you take more impactful.

4. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Oh yes let's cause even more gold inflation especially through faucets that often aren't even contested
    --- Post updated ---

Another brilliant idea, NOT.

Fengor likes this.
  5. Billy Lee

Team B Lifetime

Do you even know what village loot is like nowadays? People can farm for WAY more gold than they'll ever get from villages.

MaxiHori likes this.
  6. Auron

Auron Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

I play darkfall 10 years...now its more easy play but for me its similar to a second work...enchanting its the problem...and make possible copy one ready gear bag from the banc and restore potion arrow reagents whit a simple mouse click...but why i write that twenty times...anyone read nothing in this forum....

MaxiHori, Yomi Scythetalon and Kantor like this.
  7. Billy Lee

Team B Lifetime

Enchanting is time-consuming, that's why I think that if pvpers had more gold they could afford to pay crafters to do the enchanting for them, and supply the weapons and armor as welll. A lot of people seem to have very low gold income and crafters often can't stay in business due to a lack of customers.

8. The Red King

The Red King Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

I like this idea but it needs to be replaced with a weekly / daily quest to get 24 hour stone skin / arrow shield buffs. The games TTK is too low already and needs to be addressed by 10% - maybe just buff heals / transfers touch

And Billy you could do that IF there were gold sinks. They need to add a sick fucking skin that's only gold bought from an NPC to destroy some of the gold in the economy.

Billy Lee likes this.
  9. Billy Lee

Team B Lifetime

I agree that a new gold sink would be awesome. I think it is really important to create a healthy relationship between buyers and sellers, it would be so much easier if the pvpers could afford to buy more quality gear and it was actually for sale, right now if you try to sell gear and it fails to sell the fees are pretty brutal.

10. Auron

Auron Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

that maybe can work fine....but many players can play only 1 or 2 hours for day ...i see only 2 solutions ...or you guys make this game more symple ( pve and pvp gear bag ) or you make possible for crafters sell in the market ready bags .....

MaxiHori likes this.
  11. Billy Lee

Team B Lifetime

Ready bags on the market would be awesome.

Auron and Fengor like this.
  12. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Infernal
    Supporter

I'm reading this, trying my hardest to understand the logic, and I just can't find it. This makes no sense. This will just mean more inflation of gold.

13. Fenrir Frauki

Fenrir Frauki Undead Dwarf
    Loyal Supporter

The only people struggling are the William Tell's who want everything handed to them. With the exception of Q5 eye, which they completely took a gigantic shit on, everything is easy enough to get.

Even with Villages doling out materials that can't even be used, most high end gear is still very easy to acquire. I think they should change crafting recipes for weapons back to what they were, Tasos had those weapon recipes such as hellraisers using veilron for a reason... Economics.

Slayven and Sero like this.
  14. Kantor

Kantor Black Knight
    Prosperous Legend Contributor

I really hate how long it takes to make gear bags and its even more tedious doing it after a lost. Wish we could buy full bags off the market or have some kind of template to enchantment faster.
    --- Post updated ---
    As a matter of fact i've gotten to the point where i dont want to play anymore because i'm getting my brains smash every fight it not even fun aynmore.

MaxiHori likes this.
  15. Leafcrawl

Leafcrawl Goblin Warlord

Gear Templates was apart of the original community poll if I remember correctly? Not sure how many votes it got, but does it matter?

Poll here, Poll there, Polls everywhere. I'm not even sure what is getting implemented at this point.

I guess we will find out. Wake me up when Embers launches.

Kantor likes this.
  16. Fenrir Frauki

Loyal Supporter

What is so time consuming about making entire sets by yourself without even leaving the bank. You must have no idea what us big dogs had to go through to get gear-sets back in the day; let me refresh your memory: Find someone to smelt, Find another person to make weapons, Find another person to make bows, find another person to make staves, find another person to make armor, find yet another person to do all your enchants, and NOW you get to start assembling it into bags....

It's a cakewalk right now, facts.

I think anyone who is saying gear is too hard to get now falls into the same category as you: weak players getting dumpstered on. Bro if they made it any easier we might as well be playing Quake.

17. Kantor

Kantor Black Knight
    Prosperous Legend Contributor

Lol i stop reading after you said us big dog. Rofl who are you? Oh thats right another washed up coming back because the game is f2p.

Dont have to leave the bank? Do you even use anything above R4? Do you even enchant? Probably not. Jesus.

18. Fenrir Frauki

Loyal Supporter

If gear is still too hard to get> Fps games this way>>>

Oh wait you will get your shit pushed in there too. Cry more noob.

youtube.com/fenrirfrauki

#18 Fenrir Frauki, Mar 24, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  19. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Akathar

so you didn't notice that darkfall is a first person shooter too? You just like to have a better weapon than everyone else, that's about it.

20. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Cairn Giant
    Legend Streamer Contributor

TTK too low? We playing the same game?