Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Gear Acquisition for the Pvp Players

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Billy Lee, Mar 23, 2019.

1. The Red King

The Red King Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

I don't play busted destro - talking mage v mage and if you dont' think its too low - play a mage for a day and you will get wrecked in 5 seconds.

Blaze likes this.
  2. Raap

Raap Gravelord

Village loot, AKA the only true "PvP loot source" outside of looting players, is terrible.

For two reasons;
    • The scaling is loaded towards the top of the gear curve and then dramatically drops off from there, down to pebbles at T4 gear or lower.
    • Going with T6 improves this loot via adding the chance to yield extremely rare R80 racial weapon materials.
      • This causes the added problem where villages get dominated by groups of 10-15+ in full T6 gear that eliminate any level of competition due to the gear imbalance.
    Proposals;
    • Remove R80 material drop chances from villages to increase the loot bandwidth for other items, and reduce the PvP issues caused by gating R80 materials behind daily - supposedly available for everyone - PvP content.
    • Add R80 material drop chances to sea towers and sub-continent (hard) champions, as well as future new content.
    • Improve base village loot to not-pebbles and make scaling drop off less quickly from the top.
      • I'd also suggest adding village tiers, such as New Player villages, with different types of drops and lower maximum gear tier scaling. See my recent feedback post for a bit more on this.

Lincoln Hawk likes this.
  3. The Red King

Loyal Legend

Or add a set amount per village based on gear and if they want to bring 15 to share 10k and 10 rares go for it, or bring two and split 5k and 5 rares. But you are right, Tier4 loot sucks ass and sometimes its worth more than the T5 and T6 based on enchants.

This would drastically lower the 15 man vcps.

Maybe have one Super VCP every 4 hours for the 15 man groups.

Blaze likes this.
  4. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

do vcps account for enchanting or just gear? my "siege" bag is like a quality 4 as a mage lol, makes it hard to reach 5.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  5. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Cairn Giant
    Legend Streamer Contributor

Bro first off Jman is a better mage than me. Second TTK is far to high atm. Like its very very dumb. That coming from an OP destro yes. If you have two decent mages do you know how long that fight can be played cautiously? Lol that reset game has been intensified 100 fold. I want a revert just so we can stop seeing people like destrostyle post vids.

6. The Red King

Loyal Legend

Man you have no clue if you think TTK is too high lol.

Being able to reset a fight is not the same as TTK - totally different.
    You dont balance TTK around two mages who are afraid to fight each other lol
    Play a mage and get disabled and watch yourself melt to a good player.

7. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

:( This is how you learn, I thought you knew dis.

8. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Varangian Warthane
    Team B Lifetime

I am curious to hear about what you guys think of villages rewards. Personally, I like getting maps and keys, but I actually pve most of the time. I am under the impression that most pvpers don't really want keys and maps, they want to just keep pvping. So wouldn't it make more sense to have more keys and maps be farmed and leave village capture rewards to more useful stuff for pvpers? Larger amounts of gold is the obvious choice, in my opinion anyway. I could see an increase in portal shards and perhaps runestones being nice as well.

9. Kantor

Kantor Black Knight
    Prosperous Legend Contributor

idk man been playing for 2 years now? Think I'm at my peak. Its over for me boys.

MaxiHori likes this.
  10. Lincoln Hawk

Lincoln Hawk Fire Elemental
    Legend

Bahahaha kid redid his binds and is a fumbling mess. 10 years Ive been carrying you kid, its time for me in my old age to take it easy, get good.

11. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Infernal
    Supporter

I've capped quite a few villages, and don't think the key or map output is very high. Maybe once every 20 villages a small map/neithal key?

And even if you are a pvper, and don't want to run the map/key, you can just sell it on the marketplace for gold..

Blaze likes this.
  12. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Celestial

Actually we're adding new jewellery to use new mats and new gear requiring a ton of new mats to increase tedium across the board! Pvp while struggling to complete a gear bag!

The Red King and MaxiHori like this.
  13. Blaze

Blaze Varangian Warthane

Should of Never dited the Chroma

14. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Cairn Giant
    Legend Streamer Contributor

Yea Im just crazy and have no clue whatever am I thinking. Just disregard my shit posting from now on ;)

The Red King likes this.