Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Gear Progression

Discussion in 'New Player Tips & Tricks' started by gakkk, Aug 21, 2019.

1. gakkk

gakkk New Member

Hi there,

So I got to a point where I need better gear to kill "medium" or "easy" (not very easy) monsters. What I've done up until now is I found some monsters that drop weapon level 10 things and armor with ~20% protection on it.

Is there any other monsters that drop better gear that aren't "medium" or "easy" ? Do most people just craft their gear ?

My crafting still isn't up - but I have over 300 iron ores , 300 timber , etc.. and around 1000 gold. I have steedgrass for mounts and such. I don't have high enough skill to purchase new skills from the fighters in the cities.

New player guides tend to focus on playstyle more (things like "use the bank" , "use the terrain", etc.). I love how this is a sandbox game , but I'm just curious if I should be crafting my gear or is there better armor and weapon drops somewhere than level 10 weapons ?

Can you solo dungeons ? - I noticed a sewer dungeon in a major city .. Not sure about it,

What does everyone think ? Crafting ? Better monsters ? Dungeons ?

Any advice on how to progress ?

2. Thrill Kill

Thrill Kill Goblin Shaman
    Supporter

At the moment, crafted gear is the way to go. You will find some higher quality mob dropped items, but they are rare.

Check out the Tasks (and title quest lines), while some are easy and some are rediculous....they will point you in a direction.

3. Degamra

Degamra Air Elemental
    Hero

You definitely want to craft your own gear. Selentine Golems are very easy to solo to start building a good stash of Selentine Ore, so that once you grind yourself up youll have it to make Full Plate, which really is actually pretty easy to get to.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. gakkk

gakkk New Member

Thanks :) I'll go try killing the selentine golums and check out plate crafting

5. Degamra

Degamra Air Elemental
    Hero

If you plan on going full mage, mix in some skele or Bone Exarch farming for q1 bone and ribcages so you can make Bone Sets. Most mages wear Bone armor sets with Full plate helm, gloves, and boots. Good luck

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  6. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

Bone set with acid arrow from the earth school bud.
    Try to get some black bolt staffs and u can not needed enchant with magnitude