Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Goblin Invasions

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by RagnarokDel, Aug 16, 2016.

1. RagnarokDel

RagnarokDel Frostjarl
    Hero

This is an idea I had based on conversations I've had with clan members.

Goblin Huts

Goblin Huts are now destructible using a siege equipment(100% effective), axes/greataxes (50%) or other weapons (25%)

Goblin Huts are the spawn generator for goblins and as such when destroyed, goblins no longer spawn.

When destroyed, these should reward an hefty sum of cheese and other half decent goblin loot.

Goblins Progression

If left unchecked, goblins will grow in number and become stronger over time.

[​IMG]

Every hour without a hut getting destroyed, a new hut is spawned in increasing the maximum number of goblins by 3+1/hut up to a maximum of 4 huts per spawn location.

Goblin Spawn locations

This is Idowall and the three icons on the map are the current goblin spawns I added 3.

[​IMG]

Imagine if you will that that goblin spawns do not exist near cities by default.

When the server first starts, there's a single goblin spawn location with 1 goblin hut in a random location.

Every hour, a new hut is spawned in that location until it reaches 3 at which point a new spawn is activated.

Goblin huts are limited to 4 per spawn

Hostile Takeover

Once all spawns are maxed out, the goblins should siege cities capturing NPCs to make "dorf bacon and babyback ribs" as well as disabling the bank/crafting stations until a group of players (cause you'll need a group, ;) ) Comes and kills the elite goblins in town as well as the Goblin Champion.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    murk likes this.
  2. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

cool concept but slightly unrealistic considering the starter quests/mobs are goblins. So not only will this be more confusing for newer players, it will also be a pain in the ass having launch with everyone in the same areas but having to travel even further out for spawns since there is no goblin spawns(remember they are needed for starter quests so if people have to wait on spawns there will be a backlog in how fast people will be able to kill/gather the items to turn in). It might work later on if they are able to succeed in giving people a reason to stay blue and stay around newbie zones if these need to be killed as a group. Someone needs to be around to help new players group and kill them if the constant stream of newer players isnt good enough on its own.

3. RagnarokDel

RagnarokDel Frostjarl
    Hero

There's a spawn up at server up

4. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

I like the idea but I don't think it should be NPC raids. I'd like to see player cities being raided with monsters to add to the fun of living in a city.

5. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

Someone has been watching Log Horizon.

The principle is cool and I'd like to see stuff like this in Darkfall.

Metalkon likes this.
  6. RagnarokDel

RagnarokDel Frostjarl
    Hero

Hmm I'm sure it could be done too, maybe with higher level mobs tho

7. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

Well yeah I meant just the idea, def higher tier mobs haha :)

8. Slayven

Slayven Obsidian Golem
    Legend

This has all been said monsters attacking city's. The devs never really say anything about it.

Devs do u guys like the idea of monsters raiding npc and player city's can we get an answer here. Is things like this even doable?

Would be nice to get some insight back on this concept since its been thrown around since alpha and no word on it.