Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Gold and Global wallet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kilrain, May 18, 2019.

?

Any objections to removing the ability to purchase items from pure gold?

1. No objections, I use my wallet anyway.

34 vote(s)
    82.9%
  2. Yes (must explain why)

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  1. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

When the wallet was implemented one of the goals we had was to keep the function of physical gold the same. Meaning you would still be able to purchase items using gold while also being able to use the wallet. Unfortunately as most people know this has been a thorn in our side and buggy. We've been hunting down these bugs and some are still eluding us today. This is due to the fact that gold is a resource just like any other and the wallet isn't. I wont go into the fine details of how it works and just cut to the chase.

I want to eliminate the ability to spend gold in it's physical form and require it be deposited into your bank at all times. We'll add a wallet for clans as well so gold deposited into the clan bank will be sent to the clan wallet. There will be roles involved in allowing clan members to use the clan wallet.

Eliminating the use of physical gold for purchases will allow me to completely remove the inventory parsing process involved and all transactions will be handled by the wallet alone.

This is very likely to happen, but I still wanted to come in here and gauge interest in the handling of gold itself before pulling the trigger on it.

Note:
    Gold will still exist and you will still have to carry it to your bank to deposit it, you just wont be able to spend it without depositing it first.

Note 2:
    Any remaining items, like meditation, that don't use the wallet will be completed.

Wizzy, Oresmacker, KingLlama and 2 others like this.
  2. VoQeles

VoQeles Goblin Warrior

2 things come to mind on this topic.

If a clan has an internal market of some kind (bags of items with prices) and player needs to drop gold in bag, how this will interact?
    If that doesn't work together then I'd like to see clan markets implemented. It's important because otherwise we would be forced to trade gold in person if I want to buy something but can't actually leave the gold for the item in the CV?

Every clan has some kind of mailbox or players bag, can we get an actual mail system? Mail system = to send gold, items, or even just a message.

I voted No objection, just wanted to discuss the above in relation to this.

Mea Kulpa likes this.
  3. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

I just want to barge-in and say that clan leaders should be able to stop outsiders from using clan markets.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Chantree, Inkarnation and Mea Kulpa like this.
  4. Isaac Clarke

Isaac Clarke Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

This is the most transparency Ive ever seen kilrain, I have to actually like this because its exactly what you guys need

Keep it up

5. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

It's a good point. Gold can still be placed into bags and put into the bank, but it's a bit awkward and prone to mistakes I imagine. The ability to send gold wallet to wallet is coming, so that should help.

Some kind of mail system has been talked about a lot, we'll have to discuss it further and see what we want to do with it.

Wizzy, The Red King and VoQeles like this.
  6. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

I don’t care but can you guys do a quick easy fix? Bump up house tax time to
    Like 2 weeks. So we can go on vacation with out worrying whose gonna pay our tax?

This has been a topic for a very long time in this forum and you guys always brush it to the back of the list.

Wizzy and The Red King like this.
  7. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

Please do. its confusing as heck that you need to bring gold for some stuff and you can be fine using the wallet for others.

makes the run back to the back a tiny bit more annoying.

The Red King likes this.
  8. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

As long as physical gold is still an entity to be looted of mobs and traded/moved around to the bank. Im all for reducing difficulty on your end.

Wizzy, Chantree, Inkarnation and 2 others like this.
  9. KingLlama

KingLlama Infernal
    Supporter Lifetime

I was worried it be gone completely but I read the whole thing. I'm happy to keep gold as a resource but remove it from being used as a currency in resource form. I'd love to use my wallet every where instead. I know there are some bugs in which doesn't allow this to happen.

Sero likes this.
  10. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Make it even longer, it really serves no purpose as a mechanic at this point.

11. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Black Knight
    Wealthy

Looks like city buffs are about to be fixed.

Inkarnation likes this.
  12. Boegany

Boegany New Member
    Hero

Hello,

First, I would like to say I love Darkfall. It is a great MMORPG that I discovered late in its life; Just a few years ago with RoA. I really loved what you did with this game and am happy to see you are still supporting it today. However, I must say from a new/returning player perspective that is not yet settled in a rich clan. This global wallet is a HUGE game changer. Please let me explain...

During early progression, I made my way to my first dungeon spending reagents along the way and earning good gold as I defeat my foes. When I enter the dungeon, I find a merchant camped out there and am excited to be able to replenish my reagents and see that I can spend some time hunting here, but my money is no good! It took until I asked about it in chat to figure out that this is due to this global wallet development. This totally derailed my experience and I imagine it would for others as well. Perhaps not for the hardcore veterans that have an endless pile of clan gold in the bank, but I'm sure any new/returning blood will experience just the same.

So, I'm stopped in my tracks as the enjoyment in progression came to a screeching halt by this. I highly recommend removing this wallet feature until a workaround is developed, then re-implement it. I will check back waiting and hoping for a solution to this, but until then I can't see myself playing any further.

Thank you for any consideration.

The Red King, Geezy and Sero like this.
  13. JasperHawkins

JasperHawkins Infernal
    Loyal Legend

what about slot machines.

14. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Varangian Warthane
    Team B Lifetime

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with the global wallet but keep in mind all the other situations where it an amazing feature. Here are some examples:

1. No more visiting the crafting station only to realize you forgot to bring gold.
    2. You can browse the market and buy and sell without ever needing to back to your bank.
    3. You will never again forget your gold when doing a trade route

Geezy likes this.
  15. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Stormgraive
    Contributor

what if quest rewards were given directly to the wallet? ... or are they? I'm not a quest runner so tbh I don't know.

Billy Lee likes this.
  16. Billy Lee

Team B Lifetime

They should be, I believe that was tested.

Geezy likes this.
  17. JasperHawkins

JasperHawkins Infernal
    Loyal Legend

How am I going to gank 1 active Blackwater player with 10 alts trying to board a boat at the trade route start if they don't need to bring gold. Definitely cross off #3

Geezy likes this.
  18. Geezy

Geezy Undead Dwarf
    Loyal Supporter

The NPE (New player experience) for this game is pretty bad. The starter quests are outdated, often giving items that have no use in the game anymore (pots and pans, woodworking knife, tongs, etc). I'm hoping that there will be a revamp of sorts before any major advertising is done.

I understand your frustration, but your immediate response of "I'm quitting the game due to this relatively minor inconvenience" is a bit odd. The wallet might be a tad confusing to a new player, but the pros far outweigh the cons. Just like the other things you'll need learn in this game (equipping a staff/melee weapon/ranged weapon, bringing regs/food/armor, using meditation points, etc.) the idea of the wallet is something you'll have to get used to, and it won't be an issue again once you've deposited your first bit of gold from your first dungeon run and/or the NPC starter quests.

Now, if you've still decided that you're done with this game until the wallet system is removed, fixed, and re-implemented, then I wish you good fortune in your next game, because that isn't likely to happen. However, if you are willing to learn the wallet system and give it a shot, I'll give you my advice on what you should do next.

- Make a note of the dungeon/area you are in, and recall out to the NPC city you are to.
    - Sell the items that you have no use for to any of the vendors (merchant/mage/etc) and then bank the rest, along with your gold.
    - Restock on items/weapons/armor that you need. If you are in a capital city, you can use the market (orange/red tent usually near the bank), otherwise you'll need to buy items from the various vendors around. Mages will have reagents, Fighter will have weapons/armor, Merchant will have some low level food, etc. (This is where you will start to see the benefit of the wallet outweighing any cons!)
    - Return back to your farming!

- (Optional) I'd suggest seeing if you can buy a mount, as that will reduce your travel time significantly. Again, you can use the market for that purchase, or perhaps try to find a player to trade with... though in all honesty, until the patch comes in and all new players spawn in the same area, it's fairly doubtful you'll see any new players. If you ask in new players chat, however, there are usually a few people who are more than willing to help out new players if they are on. Billy/Jimmy Lee, Jman, myself, and a few others come to mind specifically.

Roa can be a harsh game, but it's kind of meant to be. Once you get past that though, if you're a fan of fast paced combat, you'll be hooked. Safe travels!

19. Billy Lee

Team B Lifetime

That's a highly specific scenario and also has to do with the popularity and availability of the activity, not a good reason to make global wallet exceptions imo.

Geezy likes this.
  20. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Cairn Giant
    Legend Streamer Contributor

I think jman has a pretty good point. Lets say trade routes were worth doing. So a clan goes together to run one all in robes so no risk. So people ambushing at the start get nothing. Not that ambushing at the start makes sense anyways but who wants to sit at the end hoping someone is doing a route, might as well run the route yourself.
    --- Post updated ---
    This is the only con I can think of however and maybe jumping someone at a spawn but not getting the gold they farmed unless I read that wrong.

Billy Lee likes this.