Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Gold and Global wallet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kilrain, May 18, 2019.

?

Any objections to removing the ability to purchase items from pure gold?

1. No objections, I use my wallet anyway.

34 vote(s)
    82.9%
  2. Yes (must explain why)

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  1. Inkarnation

Inkarnation Frostjarl
    Legend

Have you ever thought about... camping the end instead?...

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Volfen

Volfen Chosen of Khamset
    Staff Member Developer Loyal Lifetime Legend

Or killing them after they buy the packs. They drop a chunk of the gold (50-80% can't remember the exact amount).

Billy Lee likes this.
  3. Jack_Bauer

Jack_Bauer Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Legend

Its 50%. There used to be huge fights at the start with people fighting over buying packs and then more fights at the end after letting turn ins occur. Now people can do it naked with no gold on them and theres no point in jumping them at the start as you will get nothing.

4. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Oak Lord
    Wealthy Streamer Contributor Legend

This is the only con I can think of however and maybe jumping someone at a spaw
    I thought I mentioned that, no one wants to hangout at the end hoping someone is running a trade route. You could literally just be sitting there with no one coming. Not a huge waste of time at all :/

However I guess you could just make an alt to sit at the start but Im a huge advocate of an anti Altfall.

5. Kiyayne

Kiyayne Goblin Shaman

I've had BW camp at the end for me before, but they were all chumps especially that archangel guy and I managed to scoot in and raft out no problemo

6. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Oak Lord
    Wealthy Streamer Contributor Legend

Thats a kind of patience I dont have.

7. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Earth Elemental
    Contributor

You don't get someone at the start unless it's by chance anyway so it's no different than at the end. The chances of finding someone headed to start a trade route with gold on them was low to begin with and lower still with rune books so it's kind of a moot point.

Change how trade routes work starting with making packs drop on the ground and requiring the attacker to turn them in at a reduced reward. Then remove the ability to use a boat for regular packs and have a special one that stores in the ships hold for ship trade routes. Then you can't take advantage of alts on these things without working out how to move them.

Could also require a subscription to use the trade routes, after all this is a subscription game, not a free to play game. That would at least give BPG more money in their bank for the alt abuse.

8. Kiyayne

Kiyayne Goblin Shaman

Alts isn't really worth it, take for god damn ever to get a boat around agon to the trade route so you get the lowered reward which if you roll badly on the supply crates wastes your time.

9. Volfen

Volfen Chosen of Khamset
    Staff Member Developer Loyal Lifetime Legend

Sounds like increasing the drop to 100% would be an easy fix for this scenario.

Yomi Scythetalon likes this.
  10. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Loremaster
    Staff Member BPG Representative Lifetime

The pros far outweigh the cons imo. I think we might be forgetting how many times people forgot to bring their gold and had to go all the way back to the bank, often overweight, in dfo. Can't just focus on one negative when there are so many more positives.

Geezy likes this.
  11. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

The pros definitely outweigh the cons, but from a new player perspective they don't understand why they can't do both.

Hard to explain spaghetti code to people who've never played DF before.

12. Geezy

Geezy Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Loyal Supporter

It isn't that hard. "Gold for purchases come from the wallet, and is protected. Gold in your inventory cannot be used for purchases, and will not be protected if you die."

It'd probably be relatively easy to change the code to use gold in your inventory, if you don't have enough in your wallet. But it's also very possible that they want to keep that gold unprotected and unable to be used, until you get back to the safety of a city.

13. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

No bud. The whole reason they made it strictly Wallet was cause of bugs.

14. Geezy

Geezy Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Loyal Supporter

Keep it as is then, and let newbies learn about it like they learn about other aspects of the game, like setting up binds, using meditation points, etc. It's just another wrinkle of the game; if new players can't get past that, they probably aren't going to be long for ROA anyway

15. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Lots of wrinkles to deal with in this hardcore PVP full loot game. Makes it rather difficult "to be long for ROA"

16. Inkarnation

Inkarnation Frostjarl
    Legend

you mean in DFO when trade routes were worth running? yeah i remember that

17. Jack_Bauer

Jack_Bauer Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Legend

Yes that’s what I was talking about. Sorry it wasn’t super clear. In this game it’s not worth doing at the moment.

Inkarnation likes this.
  18. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Earth Elemental
    Contributor

Perhaps a simple note on the item saying it can't be used to make purchase until it has been deposited. Seems counter intuitive, but if they can't make it work proper without it then maybe that is best.

19. Boegany

Boegany New Member
    Hero

Thank you for all of your responses to my rant. Yes, I see how all those pros mentioned are nice, although they subtract from the immersive experience of the game. If you forget your gold... then you forgot your gold. The fear of losing all that gold on your quest or trade run should be part of the risk, adventure, and experience. I can see that most of you seem to prefer this wallet system to the original alternative, and I respect that. Perhaps I will understand why if I manage to get settled...

Back to my in dungeon scenario, it will be nice if at least the gold I earn from the items I sell to the merchant get deposited to the wallet. I will try this... And now that I've thought more about it. Have the developers considered programming a way to sell gold at a merchant into your wallet via a merchant? If that's possible, it would make for a wonderful win-win solution in my case at least :)

Yomi Scythetalon likes this.
  20. MikerotchBAGFACE

MikerotchBAGFACE Varangian Warthane

if you changed loot tables on trade route to end of dfo tables it would create more content then all of your patches for the last year or so.