Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Goodbye Darkfall (emotional vid)

Discussion in 'Rise of Agon Videos' started by Fenrir Frauki, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Frog

Frog Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

(emotional vid)

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Sero and Fenrir Frauki like this.
  2. Fenrir Frauki

Fenrir Frauki Windlord
    Loyal Supporter

I would just like to know what the clowns who said I can only kill new players in the starter area have to say now.

3. MerleisAirdburne

MerleisAirdburne Black Knight
    Supporter

Dont let the door hit you on the way out

4. Stik

Stik Goblin Warrior
    Contributor

I’d probably quit too if I was as bad as you after years of playing. Later.

Fenrir Frauki likes this.
  5. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Wait...Mar Shral is in a yellow zone? Fucking OOOOOOOOOOOOOOF.

Korag, L1 Saint, Inkarnation and 4 others like this.
  6. Featherbeans

Featherbeans Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor Hero

upload_2019-12-21_17-55-54.png

"Should"... "npc city"

#26 Featherbeans, Dec 21, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    Inkarnation and Fenrir Frauki like this.
  7. Zuul Ghat

Zuul Ghat Deadeye
    Legend

Best version of Titanic ever!

8. Squanto

Squanto Black Knight
    Legend

Imagine making mar shral a safe haven, even after all of the corruption and favoritism/bias that was proven to be true between blackwater and BPG. BPG Desperate to suck the last few thousand dollars from the blackwater yes-men morons who are wearing rose tinted glasses and still throwing them money.

This patch flopped real fast, and they lost even more players over it. Was fun while it lasted, at least its finally over now.

Korag, Scrubby Bear, Bonii and 4 others like this.
  9. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

IDK if this is a favouritism/bias thing similar to the others, but there is no way in hell any mid map holding should be a yellow zone.

The amount of yes-men running around lately is reminiscent of New Dawn forums. It's a shame really. Ignorance is bliss till reality catches up.

Korag, Scrubby Bear, L1 Saint and 4 others like this.
  10. Stik

Stik Goblin Warrior
    Contributor

basically every holding is a yellow zone, so they're all just this bad.

"Capital Area (Blue Zone) - Human lands will now be place where peaceful blue players will not drop loot.
    Mainland, excluding the middle "Pall of Oncylus" area (Yellow Zone) -
    This area covering the racial territories will be a PvP area with partial loot.
    Lawless (Red Zones) -
    Oceans, Islands and the Pall of Oncylus remain lawless. Red zones remain the same as before."

If anyone else thinks it's a problem, go ahead and voice it in the feedback thread
    https://forums.riseofagon.com/threads/rework-safe-zones.19938/#post-298494

I wont personally be playing until there's some changes with the safezones, or a full revert of the system. Not really any point when the game is just going to turn into a deathmatch gamemode with no loot 99% of the time once people catch on that there's no point in living on any of the islands other than to unnecessarily risk your shit for ZERO extra reward or incentive - you can risk strictly your regs and live on the mainland instead.

11. Featherbeans

Featherbeans Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor Hero

According to the patch notes, Spells and Skills that move players (begone, knockback, etc.) "should" work on any player (unless it was changed) inside a Yellow Area.

I trully believe that what is depicted in fenrir's video it's not due to any bias.
    The more changes they make the more broken the game will be.

So, in some wicked way, this is ironic:
    the game is not as hardcore for players as it is now more than ever for the current devs.

Good luck.

#31 Featherbeans, Dec 21, 2019
  12. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

It has been this way for MONTHS. Even with full loot, it doesn't matter when your bank is stacked to shit. It kills the motivation of fighting and conquering sadly.

From the outside looking in, it may seem like this forum is really toxic, but I think you're starting to see the... big picture.

This change is necessary for the new players... the only problem is, the new players quit at launch.Throughout 2 years of development RoA has been getting patches and changes that are beta-esque and were necessary around launch time to ease the strain of a massive population.

13. Donaddor Lightbringer

Legend

Why is there any shock or surprised? They pushed this idea during the Community Patch Live Stream as if its something they thought up and was going to be accepted as a good thing no matter what was said since as they said repeatedly something along the lines of:

"it is a good thing for not only new player retention which is the core reason why we MUST do it, but retention for all players since how good of a thing it will be for player retention."

I shitted on them for this HARD day 1 and they even agreed with me when I mentioned a small remaining community doesn't really reflect the whole community that wont come back anytime soon. Literally as they sell this and planned to before the "community" patch stream, obviously this being retarded initially, then expected to be even more so by how far how the zones will extend.

"just fight on ur Islands if u dont like it lulul Ismart player retention good" nobrainnobrain wtfisdarkfalltothesepeopleanywayswhenthiskindofchangescanbejustified

I Championed against this afterwards and really still felt alone as it came into being since I knew all along there is nothing that can prevent such a change from happening like we have seen in the past.

Its all about the patches after the next patches with TCS. The best changes in patches tend to be reverts anyways so future is bright bois.

*Also, should be needless to say and I stated this during the first time this was mentioned, but changes for things that are justified should be changes that actually address the issue more than anything else, especially in this case where we have wide blanket affect on all player on the mainland that is sold as equally good for all players as it is for the new player who might actually need some kind of real thought out system in place for them.

#33 Donaddor Lightbringer, Dec 21, 2019
    Fenrir Frauki and Featherbeans like this.
  14. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

So easy to fix though. Make all player city and champion tiles lawless. Come on guys it’s not rocket science.

As much as I love full loot, something needs to change otherwise the game is doomed. It’s too hard for newer players.

15. MerleisAirdburne

MerleisAirdburne Black Knight
    Supporter

Sounds like your gona join your good friend Fenrir and Juice. This truly is a Christmas Miracle :-D

Geezy and Fenrir Frauki like this.
  16. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

I mean the reality of the situation is a tiered zone system is necessary for Darkfall to retain players in this day and age. I don't like partial loot, I think it should always be all or none. The problem is like you said, this doesn't affect anyone still playing positively. Imagine this system at launch + everything else, we might have seen some more people stick around.

Cities and Villages were always a gray area for me in terms of how to handle. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have them be safe and safer, but the area around them shouldn't be as valuable as the more dangerous areas. Mar Shral for instance being easy access to a lot of good spawns. Properly tiering things is long process and hopefully things can change.

The sad reality is the effectiveness of these changes will probably be slim to none. These are all things the game needed to launch. I doubt a relaunch or a reset will even give the same amount of numbers or interest as original launch. I mean the games economy is a complete and utter shitshow atm. No one BUT new players need to go to red zones lol. It's a shame.

17. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Affluent Loyal Patron

What a fucking joke. If you die in your own player city you should lose everything.

18. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

Jesus H Christ

Fuck up combat and now they are fucking up full loot? They are the only two things people came to Darkfall for. You won't beat theme park games at their own shit lol. It was like the only two things Darkfall had going for it. Almost everyone was fine with the game as long as those two stayed the same and encouraged BPG work on other stuff. PVE, Loot, exciting new objectives, monster AI, reasons to explore the ocean, value to holdings, cosmetics (which it seems they did finally but at the cost of 2 important core game stuff) and a whole mess of other things I could name off that should come first before touching combat and full loot.

Imagine if 2-3 years ago they stopped touching combat and went straight into adding more objectives, PVE/Mob AI improvements, different loot, messing with city value and cosmetics. Game would not be on its deathbed IMHO. The first few months at launch it felt like BPG had that down, they added scrolls and toned down the grind and added a few things to crafting and whatnot. It felt great.

SMH my head. Somehow they are now worse than AV.

#38 propain, Dec 21, 2019
    Cyborg, Scrubby Bear and BeatIt like this.
  19. Fenrir Frauki

Fenrir Frauki Windlord
    Loyal Supporter

Well they are too stubborn to admit this was a bad change, the fact that this even made it in the game shows you they have no idea and/or don't care about their player-base. To anyone that's been following this game all these years, this flagging system is just insulting.

No it isn't necessary at all there are MANY UO freeshards have more people playing on them than this game has, and this is the only Darkfall server available. If they made 2 Darkfall servers, one with safe areas and one without, which one do you think everyone would be playing on?

I tried to warn them this would happen, I repeated myself over and over & even Billy Lee and Bound kept saying "hey look hes just mad that he can't kill new players anymore." Well guess what mother fuckers, my prediction came true. And just like I said I would when you laughed at me, now I'm gonna rub it in & laugh at you.

Sounds like a nightmare to me, I wouldn't have even played!

20. JasperHawkins

JasperHawkins Celestial
    Loyal Legend

Why isn't this guy banned on the forums as well, considering the reason all of his accounts got banned ingame...