Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Got some questions about lore and NPC Placement

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by erikmalkavian, Mar 22, 2020.

1. erikmalkavian

erikmalkavian Goblin Scout

1. Just went through the Castle Town of Bluefield. HUGE place, very well structured and fortified: Why is it empty? No Npc's, no one defending it or contesting for it.

2. When I went into Bluefied there are these 2 guys called "Oathbound" that tried to bite my neck like they were some kind of Vampires? How is Bluefield a Lawful place with those kind of monsters inhabiting one of its outbuildings?

3. Who are the Servants of Malaut? Why are they standing out in the middle of a field that is empty just aimlessly wandering around? How are they serving this guy name Malaut that way?

Please don't give me snarky answers, I sincerely want to know these things so I can grasp the game world.

Thanks for reading.

Mimitis TheOne and Billy Lee like this.
  2. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Loremaster
    Staff Member Team B Lifetime

1. The world has many locations that can be used for later content.

2. Oathbound are zombies but there are vampires in the game, they're called the Thains. The presence of monsters in lawful lands is due to rampant breeding, the best the citizens can hope for is to keep the numbers down.

3. Malaut is a demi-god that was created by the full-fledged god known as Valdazeer. They are involved in an ongoing plot to bring ruination to Mercia, land of humankind. The servants of Malaut possess limited intelligence and primarily serve as fodder in warfare and guardians of certain locations. You can learn more about Valdazeer here: https://www.riseofagon.com/game/lore/pantheon-agon/valdazeer-val-da-zeer/
    And for more information on other deities you can read here: https://www.riseofagon.com/game/lore/pantheon-agon/
    These links provide lots of general information about the world of Agon.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    erikmalkavian likes this.
  3. erikmalkavian

erikmalkavian Goblin Scout

Thanks Billy. Those Oathbound fools try to bite me like they were some Zeds from "State of Decay" :-D

Also, those damn Oathbounds seem to be really resistant to magic (or maybe its just my level 2 weak magic) and they are Magic-users and Archers and they weren't that dumb because they killed my arse QUICK!!

Billy Lee likes this.
  4. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Loremaster
    Staff Member Team B Lifetime

They are surprisingly tough ;) The pigment they drop is nice too.

5. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

I was gonna post what we had originally planned when andrew first put the team together but I forgot I’m still under NDA.

never the less we were gonna go hard on the lore ingame but other priorities took precedent.