Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Greater Mummy, not worth it.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Scrapnotcrap, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Obsidian Golem
    Hero

Farming greater mummy+mummy for 50 minutes. I got interruputed by ''load-lag'': looking for a player for a couple of minutes.

I've made:

-regs: 39 ashes and 725 bones
    -1 veilron key
    -54 q3 quint
    -2 q5 taint
    -111 q2 corpseflesh

You get a total of 28k-35k worth if we can assume that the q3 quint go for 150-225. The tomb Ikltis quest has a chance to give you those 50 q3 quint: making those mummy not even that important in the end.

I used:

-q3 r50 daggers
    -lightstealer + arcane bolt

In comparison to that, low level mobs that scale in dungeons can give much more gold than that in 15 minutes if you don't waste time on looting. I can find a low level mob that can sell everything it drops. I once made 50-60k worth from a low level mob. Anything in-game that is failing to give you anything around that number is not really worth the effort for the difficulty in my opinion.

How to improve these mobs:

-Mummy only should drop veilron keys.
    -Greater mummy should drop neithal keys.
    -You should possibly get up to 4 keys per run.

For what they're worth, they should always drop atleast 1 q3 quint, but not getting 3 for what they give in total(gold worth) is demoralizing.
    They should drop a lot more bones(regents). Low level mobs give so much more regs than that.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #1 Scrapnotcrap, Jun 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  2. Void

Void Celestial
    Loyal Legend

I agree the spawn is shit and doesn’t compete with some of the best spawns in the game , that said I think it is perfectly fine for someone looking for some q3 quint to lvl there enchanting to 4 . I did it and I encourage other people to do the same.

Dixie Normus and Scrapnotcrap like this.
  3. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

A lot of spawns need a loot buff as they really aren’t worth the time. Greater mummies are pretty bad. You want q3 quint you would be better off farming gold and buying it.

They really should buff the 7k mobs in particular.

viniciusdel likes this.
  4. Scrapnotcrap

Hero

You know what other mobs has been indirectly nerfed? Basically any mobs that drop steedgrass.

Some of them are still good like the minotaurs due to the q4 horns. I have a hard time selling my leaf at a good price(not even 500g+. You gotta sell your steedgrass at 100$ each now(that's for those who order it). At 250 each, nobody's buying them.

In some case, you gotta bring-up the value on some items that are not being sold at all(I.e, making steegrass rarer or harder to craft mounts). For the most part, you just have to buff the loot that a mob can drop; especially when some newb mobs are still worth more per hour to a point where it can compete with some of the best spawns.

Dixie Normus likes this.
  5. Korag

Korag Forest Golem
    Hero

mummys have pretty much always been bad and greater mummy's not any better. They got worse with BPG yet they are a pain in the ass to kill and very few spawns of them. only 2 maybe 3 that I can recall off hand.

6. JasperHawkins

JasperHawkins Stormgraive
    Legend

The problem I think isn't the loot (though it sounds silly to say that the only 20 spawn in the game isn't about the loot) , right now it is about the titles. It is wonky, and hectic, but that 20 spawn is one of the more fun spawns in the game to fight on your own going full loose.Go farm it for two hours and tell me you didn't have some of the more fun close calls you have gotten in pve. #leavemummiesalone

7. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Chosen of Khamset
    Wealthy

Mobs + quest rewards need loot update. I'm hoping they have taken notice and will be updated with the relic system.

8. Scrapnotcrap

Hero

Yeah, i had the most fun at the 20 mummy spawn, but i know i'll never do it again due to the lack of satisfaction at the end of the day.
    No matter who you are, clearing a spawn like that makes you feel good. With piercing protection gone, it's harder to sell quints.

A spawn that's as closed as that in term of fun & challenge might be the 12 elfhshade spawn, but i haven't tried it yet. Some ppl may find it annoying that they teleport a lot, i personally think it's necessary in order to make them behave differently. It gives you a reason to approach them with a strat in mind. I wish that all mob spawn worth clearing were unique.

Evil eyes used to be something, but they all got nerfed in term of damage just because of the andruk dungeon.